• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Member in Abilene

Yeah, we go the next week after Thanksgiving. We're not pilgrims, but we do celebrate Thanksgiving...LOL! Besides, major holidays are not the time to do Big Bend when/if you make any plans to go there. Plus, I mentioned I usually do 3 weeks there in the area during the time frame, so I'll be there awhile. All of our group is retired, but some of them still have apron strings they feel they have to satisfy. :lol2:
I am definitely itching to go! I’ve been researching some of the rides at BB. Really reminds me of riding out West.

Hello. I too live here in Abilene after retiring from 22 years in the Air Force. These last 3 years been better than I could of ever imagined... no more being told what to do or how to look.... or having to wear a helmet and PPE. it's great.

Anywho.... welcome as well. I stick to the street stuff and you might find me on a Yamaha scooter cruising town, or taking the big FJR on longer trips.

Don't trust any shop here in town to touch my bikes... so I do all my own work. Word gets out and I stay somewhat busy helping other kids around here with basic MX, tire changes and lots of fork seals. Kids be crazy out here doing wheelies and such. I can tell you what shop to avoid, but won't publicly on this page.

welcome... :rider:

Hello. I too live here in Abilene after retiring from 22 years in the Air Force. These last 3 years been better than I could of ever imagined... no more being told what to do or how to look.... or having to wear a helmet and PPE. it's great.

Anywho.... welcome as well. I stick to the street stuff and you might find me on a Yamaha scooter cruising town, or taking the big FJR on longer trips.

Don't trust any shop here in town to touch my bikes... so I do all my own work. Word gets out and I stay somewhat busy helping other kids around here with basic MX, tire changes and lots of fork seals. Kids be crazy out here doing wheelies and such. I can tell you what shop to avoid, but won't publicly on this page.

welcome... :rider:

Definitely agree! I actually took a job with the government immediately once I retired, did that for a couple years but ultimately I was never home so we decided it was best to hang it up and get back to living.
Based on what I’ve experienced this far and feedback on here. I won’t be visiting any local shops haha. I enjoy doing my own wrenching anyhow.

Back