• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post a pic of your bike (Bandit 1250S peeps)

somewhere in Italian Alps

_DSC6528_resize.jpg

Wow, beautiful shot. I hope I get a chance to ride around Europe someday. keep those pics coming. :rider:

trey

this was taken a couple weeks ago in West Va.

Attachments

• P7070078a.jpg
    P7070078a.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 299
It's been awhile since I last posted an image of my beloved. So with a recently purchased used/inexpensive DSLR, this is my first attempt to see what it can do. Only last week I decided to rip the remaining decals off the bike, it's now in all it's naked glory.... fully dressed.

2008 Bandit 1250S w/40,000+ miles:

DSC_0011.jpg

Thought I'd post up new photos of accessory updates:

2405009240062847176S600x600Q85.jpg

2440026500062847176S600x600Q85.jpg

Leo Vince SBK aluminum slip-on

2349616340062847176S600x600Q85.jpg

Powdercoated chain guard.

Blue.....

Those are nothing more than battery operated bicycle LED lamps. I put them on strobe mode when riding in-town through traffic, or on the freeway during commute traffic. You should see how quickly folks clear a path for me when I'm lane splitting/sharing/filtering.... they must think I'm an emergency vehicle.

Clever. I've hot a headlight modulator on mine, and on rare occasions I've had people get out of my way, but around here people don't even seem to get out of the way of real emergency vehicles!

IMG_1822.jpg

And she is now for sale..........see the FOR SALE section. What a great bike. I will miss her. But for now, I need to learn to speak Italian........

Amen, brother!

Ducati?!? You cannot believe how snooty that crowd is!

I know, I know. The crowds are snooty, BUT, the bike isn't and it sounds so cool and looks great. I'm ready for the change.......but the Bandit is such a great bike!!!!

I know, I know. The crowds are snooty, BUT, the bike isn't and it sounds so cool and looks great. I'm ready for the change.......but the Bandit is such a great bike!!!!

Would love to hear a review when you get it! I have looked hard at that bike...Gorgeous, super light, and air cooled simplicity....And IMHO Ducati sounds incredible now that they've gone to a wet clutch on the EVO.

Ducati Monster 1100EVO

Seems we're on the same wave length. This one is on my list for whenever my Sprint ST sells (someday :doh:) I'll have my Bandit for sport-touring, commuting, general riding, and the EVO for backroads fun :rider:

Transformations n luggage as I decided da Bandit was a keeper. ;-)
BanditinAk.jpg

First trip to Arkansas in '08 right after trading in my '07 DL1000 for it.

PICT0042.jpg

Bandit back in Arkansas in '09 with new rear luggage.

01NewMexSceneryjpg.jpg

Bandit on a run to the New Mexico/Colrado areas area in '09

26sep09009_800_x_600.jpg

Tripping over the lakes in Canada in Oct of '09 Really too late to be tripping Canada and I got hit with a pretty good cold front up there in Thunder Bay.

PICT0014-2.jpg

Up in the Arizona/Utah/Colorado are checking out Grand Canyon and all the Cliff Dweller locations of the area in the summer of '10.

IMG_1283-1.jpg

Last months very hot run across OK and KS before hightailing with the wind for a change back to OKC. ;-)

I took 6 days getting to Canada. I was following the Mississippi River as close as possible on the West side all the way up. But one day I took a break from the constant rains and shut down at 10AM in Northern Minnesota and just chilled and rested.
Actually, my two longest trips were in '02 to the top of Maine and '04 to Cascade Nat'l Park near the Canada border in Washington state. They were on my '02 R1150GS BMW though.

The Givi set up is PLX for the bags. The top case is Coocase rigged on a SW-Motech luggage rack with a 1/4" Alu plate as an adapter to get the case clear of the rear of the seat.

achesley, just curious here....Have you ever figured your total amount of street miles ? It's gotta be way up there.

achesley, just curious here....Have you ever figured your total amount of street miles ? It's gotta be way up there.

Today it came out to 452,000 checking it in my log program today 21 July 2011. I really didn't start LD touring till '95. Before that it was all local stuff from Texas to Arkansas to Florida. Raising kids and paying bills , you know how that goes. :lol2: Then about 6 years very little riding street bikes even though I had one due to chasing race tracks in Texas and Louisiana, road race, flat track and finally motorcross. Then also a 5 to 6 year laspe due to a wreck where I suffer vertigo from concussion due to a hit and run and left in a ditch for dead from the rear.

I've changed quite a few thing on my Bandit since that last pictures I posted up, which was quite awhile ago, and since it was a pretty nice overcast day today which is good for taking pictures, I road couple of blocks over to a Desert Preserve near my house and took some pics of my Bandit, in Candy Sonoma Red, which is the only factory color to come out on a 1250 that looks great. :rider:

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

IMG_2651.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2667.jpg

Back