• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

I do want to say that this fortunate son had another great day on the planet. 50's to start in BB Park, 70's most of the day, but it did make it to 90 down on the river.

Mission Mary Calera Chapel Historic Marker. Just a little south of Balmorhea on 3078.

IMG_20231105_120206035 - Copy (2).jpg

IMG_20231105_120359970.jpg

IMG_20231105_120323887_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! A LOT more color than when we were up there last month! I see that you took the GS. I guess it was an all pavement ride. I hope the weather has been good for you.
Yeah, the colors varied from vibrant to dull. Missouri had some areas that had a lot contrast. All pavement, the 690’s still dirty from the last ride. Weather was perfect except for a little rain the first day.

Nothing to exciting but got out this morning since it was not raining and ran a bit over 170 miles. Went down to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. I've posted photos of the AT I had and the 390 Adv at the tower, so figured I should add the RT to the list. The mosquitos were horrible so did not do much looking around, kept moving so they would not carry me off. I did see two whooping cranes on the auto trail which was interesting. There was another person there on a bike but I did not have a chance to meet them. Must have been out on a trail, hopefully the mosquitos did not carry them off! Then took the long way home.

I am really liking the RT. Very comfortable and great wind protection. Hopefully will be making some ride-to-eats soon.

sanctuary-1.jpg

sanctuary-2.jpg

Got out for a ride yesterday morning. Ended up a bit over 200 miles, had to test the new Michelin Road 6 tires. Actually found some roads that were okay for this area and enjoyed the cool air. 45 degrees when I started so plugged in the vest. New tires are great and am looking forward to wearing them out. :-P Should have stopped for some photos but did not. Maybe next time.

Got out for a ride yesterday morning. Ended up a bit over 200 miles, had to test the new Michelin Road 6 tires. Actually found some roads that were okay for this area and enjoyed the cool air. 45 degrees when I started so plugged in the vest. New tires are great and am looking forward to wearing them out. :-P Should have stopped for some photos but did not. Maybe next time.
What were the roads? That’s hard to come by down here. Heading out for a ride on the road king now actually.

Sooo, a two day ride... Left the DMZ yesterday and headed north to Cleveland, spent the night and headed back home today... Picked up this lightly used Aluma trailer for the Darkside Trike... Time to fab up a receiver hitch, welding & grinding first world problems for sure...
Carry On 😎

20240109_154221.jpg

20240109_162416.jpg

Saw the post about the slacker ride tomorrow and it prompted me to take advantage of the warm temps this afternoon. No calls coming in, no fires to put out, why not. Took off about 1:00 and took backroads out to George West, well, almost, went North when I got to I37, so technically missed GW by about 7 miles. Then headed North to Runge and Nordheim then back to Victoria. Ended up at 245 miles and went no where. Temps were great but the wind was pretty strong. Oh well. Only stopped a couple of times and did not see much to take photos of. There wer some nice big vistas and in one area the wind turbines were taking over, no good spot to get a good photo but grabbed a quick shot anyway. Saw another large solar setup but did not get a photo. I really prefer the big open views without the turbines and solar panels, but...

PXL_20240110_200134402.jpg

PXL_20240110_212649310.jpg

A friend of mine was telling me about a monument/historical maker just south of Abilene TX that is dedicated to Charles Alexander Garrett.
Garret was an Irish born Episcopalian bishop that came to post Civil War Texas to establish missions in 100,000 square miles of West Texas Comanche Territory. Garrett was pastor, doctor, lawyer and teacher to both Whites and Indians near Abilene. Later he was influential in the development of the Scottish Rite Mason Fraternity of Dallas.
The monument is on the site of Garrett's first church (now private land) and was erected by the Scottish Rite Masons of Dallas in 1932.
Got my curiousity up and I wanted to see the marker at 32°14'14.0"N 99°36'14.0"W
Found it in Dudley Tx. Small road sign says "Dudley 2". Don't know if that's the mileage or the population!
158 miles from my house made for a 300+ day. Zoot!
Lunched in Cross Plains TX. Sword and Sorcery Sci-Fi fans should know of Cross Plains, it's the home of Robert E Howard, the creator of Conan the Barbarian.

Garrett Monument I.jpg

Garrett Monument II.jpg

IMG_20240111_115833043.jpg

IMG_20240111_125746265.jpg

IMG_20240111_133737380.jpg

IMG_20240111_133851036.jpg

IMG_20240111_134123075.jpg

IMG_20240111_135055031.jpg

IMG_20240111_135848420_HDR.jpg

Been a rainy, cold week since my last ride. Today the temp was good and sun was shining so decided to go check things out and run a loop that is about 110 miles. Got to one of the roads I take and there was a sing that it was closed ahead. Figured I might as well check it out. A few miles down the road ran into the below sign, and then around the corner the reason it was closed in the second photo. Had I been riding the AT or the 390 I would have rode through it. Didn't really want to throw that much water around the RT so backtracked and took another route. Still ended up with 96 miles.

road-closed-sign.jpg

water-on-road.jpg

Back