• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers requested for our son

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Rossow
Our youngest son had a bicycle wreck yesterday evening. He fractured his T8 vertebra, concussion and slightly collapsed lungs, and a bunch of abrasions. Luckily no brain bleed.

He is a tough guy and is in good spirits. But he is a lot like me and hides a lot.

Thank you all in advance.

Porter Seth

He was blessed that there were 5 or 6 guys on the trail yesterday. Normally they had the trail to themselves. They helped his wife get him and the bikes loaded into the truck. She wouldn't have been able to get the bikes, let alone him into the truck by herself.

Prayers lifted Kevin. I know we would happily take the hit for our kids if we could, no matter how old they are.

Ouch, sending prayers. So this was MTB single bike related and not hit by a car or something? That sounds like a bad crash for sure.

I have GREAT news!!

Prayers WORK MIRACLES.

We were able to take him home yesterday with no surgery needed. He is in some pain, but with a fractured vertebra, that is expected. He will be wearing a brace for at least 90 days, maybe more. No cycling until the brace has been off for 6 months. The doctors said that a miracle must have happened, because after the MRI they were certain that surgery and some metal would have been needed. Second scan showed very small fracture.

I am heading back up next Monday to help with him, because he isn't to do anything at all strenuous, and they have a LARGE lab puppy, and Porter cannot walk him or anything. His wife needs to go back to work next week (she is taking this week off), so I will be going up to Arkansas to help out a bit.

Looking back at our family's events this year, it looks super hectic, and somewhat tragic. With the help of the Lord, we have been able to weather it all and come out on top. All y'all's prayers and positive thoughts are so very much appreciated. I let one of my friends here in our church know, and there has been an outpouring of prayers from them also. The Lord does hear us and will bless us. Maybe not the way we think he should, but in the way that we should be blessed. He is SO MUCH more in tune with our lives than we are. He knows each and every one of us. That is one thing I don't believe anymore, I know it.

Thank you again for your prayers and positive thoughts.

Ouch, sending prayers. So this was MTB single bike related and not hit by a car or something? That sounds like a bad crash for sure.
Mountain bike related. Just him, the ground and a tree.

On a lighter note, he is now a confirmed tree hugger. The fellows that were there said that he ended up hugging a tree after the crash.

I have not seen the site, but the kids were describing it as the equivalent of a double black diamond ski run.

Great news!!

I know someone that a few years back had a similar injury, and made a belt that he could attach a leash to and walk his dog.
It worked well, got him out of the house, and got him some exercise.
Not a rider at all, but one of those maniacs that likes to hang from the side of 10,000' mountains. :loco:

I have GREAT news!!

Prayers WORK MIRACLES.

We were able to take him home yesterday with no surgery needed. He is in some pain, but with a fractured vertebra, that is expected. He will be wearing a brace for at least 90 days, maybe more. No cycling until the brace has been off for 6 months. The doctors said that a miracle must have happened, because after the MRI they were certain that surgery and some metal would have been needed. Second scan showed very small fracture.

I am heading back up next Monday to help with him, because he isn't to do anything at all strenuous, and they have a LARGE lab puppy, and Porter cannot walk him or anything. His wife needs to go back to work next week (she is taking this week off), so I will be going up to Arkansas to help out a bit.

Looking back at our family's events this year, it looks super hectic, and somewhat tragic. With the help of the Lord, we have been able to weather it all and come out on top. All y'all's prayers and positive thoughts are so very much appreciated. I let one of my friends here in our church know, and there has been an outpouring of prayers from them also. The Lord does hear us and will bless us. Maybe not the way we think he should, but in the way that we should be blessed. He is SO MUCH more in tune with our lives than we are. He knows each and every one of us. That is one thing I don't believe anymore, I know it.

Thank you again for your prayers and positive thoughts.
Thanks be to God. We are in Arkansas, if we can help. :pray:

Back