• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recent Transplant, now haling from Georgetown, Texas.

Reaction score
Top o’ the mornin,’ gents. I’ve been hearing great things about this forum and am very grateful to Dan Dan the Fireman (I think) for telling me about it.

So, I moved here from New Mexico (right along the Colorado border - Four Corners area) about three years ago, but really haven’t done anything but work and take a handful - and I mean just a handful - of pleasure rides until my riding buddy had a bad accident sans helmet. Thank God, he lived, but doesn’t ride anymore.

Anyway, I’m excited and looking forward to meeting everyone. So to get this party started, here’s some bikes I’ve had and loved, in no particular order.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpeg
    IMG_4084.jpeg
    347.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0695.jpeg
    IMG_0695.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9818.jpeg
    IMG_9818.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    530.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and to Texas a few years late. Fellow 4corners transplant myself but that was 20ish years ago.
Nice bikes as well.

Welcome to the forum and to Texas a few years late. Fellow 4corners transplant myself but that was 20ish years ago.
Nice bikes as well.
Right on! Love the KLR designation, BTW. That’s the bike that got me into all of this - I can’t be the only one.

Farmington, maybe? Or Durango? I actually grew up in Dallas, but have been to so long (30 years) that I feel like a transplant.

Right on! Love the KLR designation, BTW. That’s the bike that got me into all of this - I can’t be the only one.

Farmington, maybe? Or Durango? I actually grew up in Dallas, but have been to so long (30 years) that I feel like a transplant.
Lived in Farmington for highschool and went to the community college for two years before heading down to NMSU. Sadly my mother kept me from owning (not riding) motorcycle till I moved away. I had a a little jeep and explored just about everything from Farmington to Durango I could find.
I got my first KLR in at university and have been riding ever since.

Last edited:
Lived in Farmington for highschool and went to the community college for two years before heading down to NMSU. Sadly my mother kept me from owning (not riding) motorcycle till I moved away. I had a a little jeep and explored just about everything from Farmington to Durango I could find.
I got my first KLR in at university and have been riding ever since.
I can relate ! My father was a reconstructive surgeon, so you can pretty well guess how my request for a motorcycle went over. I didn’t get my first bike until I was 40, although I’d ridden a few friends’ bikes. Both my kids went to PV and one to UNM, one to Ft. Lewis, and other one is still sort of struggling through her degree at ACC. I taught at San Juan College on a very part-time basis.

I miss it every day. Do you work in energy by any chance?

I spent a little time in oil and gas but now work in heavy trucking. What did you teach at San Juan and what time frame?

Native Texan and New Mexico fan here!

SO and I had a wonderful time exploring your part of the state a couple of years ago.
Thread 'New Mexico, Again!'
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/new-mexico-again.131626/

Welcome to TWT!
OMG!!! I just looked at your thread and I could cry! I began my legal career as a prosecutor in Roswell in 2001. Met my wife for our first date in Ruidoso. Have ridden every single place you posted in that thread. Here’s a couple pics just for for memories sake.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1523.jpeg
    IMG_1523.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0775.jpeg
    IMG_0775.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    339.7 KB · Views: 35
Native Texan and New Mexico fan here!

SO and I had a wonderful time exploring your part of the state a couple of years ago.
Thread 'New Mexico, Again!'
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/new-mexico-again.131626/

Welcome to TWT!
Is it Gina? God, I'm in a state after looking at your pictures! It reminds me that I need to take some more pictures! My grandkids are in T or C, so we've booked some rooms at The River Bend Inn for next week! In fact, we'd like to buy a home in T or C, or neighboring Elephant Butte (...not sure if ether is a difference), so maybe:
a) we have a place to stay when we visit them, and b) maybe we could Airbnb it, so it at least pays for itself somewhat.

My wife and I used to stay at Sierra Grande (Ted Turner's hotel) which is AWESOME! I've stayed at the hotel you guys did, too, and enjoyed having that hot spring available. Here are some pics from our last stay there. There's also a bakery right around the corner from Sierra Grande with truly wonderful quiche, baked goods, and local art.

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1625.jpg
    IMG_1625.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1621.jpg
    IMG_1621.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1591.jpg
    IMG_1591.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3706.jpg
    IMG_3706.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 30
How come I never new these places existed in T&C. Welcome to the group, I am looking forward to getting back to NM, Gina and JT's tracks have some great stuff in them. A small group of us did a modified NMBDR back in Covid days. We never stayed in a place like Sierra Grande. Just showed that to my wife, now she is ready to go next time if we stay there!

Here is a fun clip of Chloride Canyon from the back of my 1090. Love the sounds that thing could make on the pipe. You have to go in a bit for the fun stuff.

How come I never new these places existed in T&C. Welcome to the group, I am looking forward to getting back to NM, Gina and JT's tracks have some great stuff in them. A small group of us did a modified NMBDR back in Covid days. We never stayed in a place like Sierra Grande. Just showed that to my wife, now she is ready to go next time if we stay there!

Here is a fun clip of Chloride Canyon from the back of my 1090. Love the sounds that thing could make on the pipe. You have to go in a bit for the fun stuff.

That is AWESOME. Is that a KTM you’re riding? The guy following you was really struggling to keep up, lol! I had a Sherco 300, which is basically a French built bike using KTM parts. It was a trail bike with a kickstand and electric start. I have missed that bike so much.

I don’t think I ever got out that way. Was that down near Las Cruces, by the Gila wilderness? It’s just beautiful.

Welcome from the Arizona contingent!
Love me some Arizona riding! Used to ride through the Navajo Nation, which I dearly love, to Gallup and then on to Vegas. We’d go back through St. George and Kanab, Utah, sometimes stopping at Bryce or Moab. Really didn’t understand how good I had it out there.

Welcome onboard. We moved here from Show Low in 14 and I have met a lot of wonderful friends.
Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Top o’ the mornin,’ gents. I’ve been hearing great things about this forum and am very grateful to Dan Dan the Fireman (I think) for telling me about it.

So, I moved here from New Mexico (right along the Colorado border - Four Corners area) about three years ago, but really haven’t done anything but work and take a handful - and I mean just a handful - of pleasure rides until my riding buddy had a bad accident sans helmet. Thank God, he lived, but doesn’t ride anymore.

Anyway, I’m excited and looking forward to meeting everyone. So to get this party started, here’s some bikes I’ve had and loved, in no particular order.
Welcome to Texas, I live in North Austin, and looking for someone to ride with. Let me know if you are interested in getting together!

Hey,
Welcome to Texas, I live in North Austin, and looking for someone to ride with. Let me know if you are interested in getting together!
Hey, thanks! Leaving for New Mexico this weekend, but will be back first week of January. Dropping off my Africa Twin to get a windshield on it today. Wind buffeting is just ridiculous and I can’t enjoy the bike until I fix it. But that problem should be solved by the time I get back! Bought the VStream Touring windscreen - looks funny, but is supposed to work well.

Back