• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recent Transplant, now haling from Georgetown, Texas.

Soun
Hey,

Hey, thanks! Leaving for New Mexico this weekend, but will be back first week of January. Dropping off my Africa Twin to get a windshield on it today. Wind buffeting is just ridiculous and I can’t enjoy the bike until I fix it. But that problem should be solved by the time I get back! Bought the VStream Touring windscreen - looks funny, but is supposed to work well.
Sounds great! I am in Canada for Christmas, but will be returning for New Years.

Welcome, Fellow Georgetown resident! The Texas Hill Country has some great Adv riding. Be great to set up a weekend camp and ride sometime!

Interbeing, I'm always looking for people to ride with as well. you're welcome as well as all is. Got some great gpx tracks for the Hill Country area.

Welcome, coming from NM, you may not be familiar with the Fire ant. If not, have someone show you. I was at a cookout with a guy from Denver, he found out the hard way that when it comes to the fire ant, he was on the menu.

Welcome, coming from NM, you may not be familiar with the Fire ant. If not, have someone show you. I was at a cookout with a guy from Denver, he found out the hard way that when it comes to the fire ant, he was on the menu.
Seriously. Neighbor had her Canadian father in law visiting. Fire ants got all over him, then started biting. he spent some time in the hospital.

I saw a new born calf that was killed by fire ants.

Fire ants don’t play nice.

Fire ants don’t play nice.
Truth! I got about 15 bites on my foot last year and discovered I'm allergic to them. I was swollen up for almost 2 weeks and the bites were itchy for at least a week longer, shoes didn't fit until swelling went down.
You don't notice them until there's about 20 or 30 already on you, then the biting starts.
Nasty little barstools!

Always keep you feet moving, idle feet will get you.

As a side note. I have had decent luck with boiling hot water right into the mound. You need a decent size pot of water though to reach the queens area.

Always keep you feet moving, idle feet will get you.

As a side note. I have had decent luck with boiling hot water right into the mound. You need a decent size pot of water though to reach the queens area.
One freshly removed Holley carb emptied over the mound always worked for me.

Found that out when changing jet and getting my foot chewed off

Once your settled look up Twisted Sisters and Lie Creek Road. 2 of my favorite rides very close to you.

Once your settled look up Twisted Sisters and Lie Creek Road. 2 of my favorite rides very close to you.

Charlie,

Please forgive my delay in responding. Once I got back into town after my New Mexico trip, all the work I put off came back to haunt me. I haven't had a spare minute.

That sounds like a couple places I really need to go! About all I've managed to do so far is Marble Falls and Fredricksburg. Thank you for your response, and for providing those articles!

Adam

Truth! I got about 15 bites on my foot last year and discovered I'm allergic to them. I was swollen up for almost 2 weeks and the bites were itchy for at least a week longer, shoes didn't fit until swelling went down.
You don't notice them until there's about 20 or 30 already on you, then the biting starts.
Nasty little barstools!
I've heard that's actually true: that they'll swarm on you, and then start biting all at once. Kind of nightmarish.

Welcome, Fellow Georgetown resident! The Texas Hill Country has some great Adv riding. Be great to set up a weekend camp and ride sometime!

Interbeing, I'm always looking for people to ride with as well. you're welcome as well as all is. Got some great gpx tracks for the Hill Country area.
Thanks, Dude! What are you riding these days? That picture is tiny. Looks like a dual sport, maybe? I haven't had a dual sport in about four years. Dual sport riders are well-served by NM, UT, AZ and CO roads, but sport-tourers work out there, too. I sold my 1250 RT about 7 months ago, and replaced it with an Africa Twin CRF 1100 (which I'm still getting used to). Hopefully, I can pick it up my AT from RideNow Georgetown this week, and we'll see if the work they've done translate to a better riding experience.

Thanks, Dude! What are you riding these days? That picture is tiny. Looks like a dual sport, maybe? I haven't had a dual sport in about four years. Dual sport riders are well-served by NM, UT, AZ and CO roads, but sport-tourers work out there, too. I sold my 1250 RT about 7 months ago, and replaced it with an Africa Twin CRF 1100 (which I'm still getting used to). Hopefully, I can pick it up my AT from RideNow Georgetown this week, and we'll see if the work they've done translate to a better riding experience.
Welcome to Gtown. FWIW, I've had horrible customer service several times at RideNow since they took that location over several years ago. Your experience may be different. I'd recommend Texas Motorsports in Harker Heights for service you can't or don't want to do yourself. Although they're not a Honda dealer, they have very qualified staff that are friendly and know their stuff for all makes. Buenas suerte!

Welcome to Gtown. FWIW, I've had horrible customer service several times at RideNow since they took that location over several years ago. Your experience may be different. I'd recommend Texas Motorsports in Harker Heights for service you can't or don't want to do yourself. Although they're not a Honda dealer, they have very qualified staff that are friendly and know their stuff for all makes. Buenas suerte!
Thanks, brother. Not to mention the fact that their hourly rate is pretty outrageous.

Hey pneumaticman,
How is the AT riding! Hope you got better customer service at RideNow in Georgetown than most! If interested in riding sometime let me know, weather is getting nice. I did a camp and ride last week stayed at Barefoot campgrounds by Bend Tx. I was riding what is called the San Saba Loop. I have a KTM 390 adventure, had it about a year now, previous bike I had was a CRF 250 dual sport.

How come I never new these places existed in T&C. Welcome to the group, I am looking forward to getting back to NM, Gina and JT's tracks have some great stuff in them. A small group of us did a modified NMBDR back in Covid days. We never stayed in a place like Sierra Grande. Just showed that to my wife, now she is ready to go next time if we stay there!

Here is a fun clip of Chloride Canyon from the back of my 1090. Love the sounds that thing could make on the pipe. You have to go in a bit for the fun stuff.

Looks like nice riding for sure. I'm the guy that does not mind riding behind these days, if I let 5 minutes of dust settling occur before I follow. Neither me nor my bike wants to die young!

Welcome to TWT! Anytime you wanna ride give me a shout. I only live about 30 minutes north of you and will get out at every chance I can possibly get.

Bring that Sherco down to Zars Ranch sometime and ride some singletrack with us, and with your name I am guessing compressors or pneumatic controls

Hey pneumaticman,
How is the AT riding! Hope you got better customer service at RideNow in Georgetown than most! If interested in riding sometime let me know, weather is getting nice. I did a camp and ride last week stayed at Barefoot campgrounds by Bend Tx. I was riding what is called the San Saba Loop. I have a KTM 390 adventure, had it about a year now, previous bike I had was a CRF 250 dual sport.
Right on, brother! It's riding much better now. Its far more agile than I would have expected with a 21" front wheel, actually! Unfortunately, even with the new windshield, the wind protection BLOWS (...pardon the pun). :trust: But that's what I get for selling a perfect R1250RT, I guess. Then again, I couldn't take that beauty anywhere near a dirt road, so maybe I just need to embrace this change in my life and go riding!

I've driven around San Saba in my car. Don't think I've seen Bend (I work a lot), but it sounds awfully interesting. Actually, I have a buddy who's trailering his CBR1000 to Austin for the MotoGP and Revival Handbuilt Show this April, and I've promised him a cool ride, so ...

Bring that Sherco down to Zars Ranch sometime and ride some singletrack with us, and with your name I am guessing compressors or pneumatic controls
Lol! Thanks, Bud! Actually it has to do with a pistol designed by Heckler & Koch. I don't think it's been in production for many years, but you can still find them for exorbitant prices on the internet. LIKE MY SHERCO, it's another thing I should have never sold! But I do want another one of each, so we'll see. You know, I would like to have my little grandson down for some trail riding.

Welcome to TWT! Anytime you wanna ride give me a shout. I only live about 30 minutes north of you and will get out at every chance I can possibly get.
Thanks, brother. I dig your pic, too. Are you at Hood? I donated a lot of blood to chiggers there back in the day - I'm sure you can relate.

Thanks, brother. I dig your pic, too. Are you at Hood? I donated a lot of blood to chiggers there back in the day - I'm sure you can relate.
🤣 haven’t heard it put like that yet but yeah, I know what you’re saying. I am here at Cavazos (no longer Hood).

Back