• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rolling Dirt Bike Stand

Been thinking about something like this. Compact and can slide under a toolbox when I don't need it.
Just a word of caution - the Vevor stand is probably fine for a sub-300 lbs dirt bike. For my Africa Twin, it was a disaster in the making.

The base is not wide enough to provide 'tipping' support, especially when the bike is rolled (or even trying to roll) or you're 'persuading' a tight bolt to come loose.

On top of that, there's no easy way to get a tie-down attached without some fabrication.

My .02

Just a word of caution - the Vevor stand is probably fine for a sub-300 lbs dirt bike. For my Africa Twin, it was a disaster in the making.

The base is not wide enough to provide 'tipping' support, especially when the bike is rolled (or even trying to roll) or you're 'persuading' a tight bolt to come loose.

On top of that, there's no easy way to get a tie-down attached without some fabrication.

My .02
Good to know. Mine is a 400lb KLR so I may keep looking. I have thought about a rolling work table with eye bolts to tie it down.

My .02
Good heads-up. The bike I'd keep on the stand is more than likely the 500exc, which is very light.

My .02
Looks like it depends on which model you get. One is rated @ 350 lbs and the other is rated @ 1500 lbs. What seems strange is the 350 lb model is more expensive than the 1500 lb model?

Looks like it depends on which model you get. One is rated @ 350 lbs and the other is rated @ 1500 lbs. What seems strange is the 350 lb model is more expensive than the 1500 lb model?
The one I got was rated to 1,100 lbs with a manual screw and wheels. (here)

It was a nice lift and really convenient since it would drop down to roll under the workbench. If it had some 'outriggers' for tie-down points it might have been more stable.

Anything should be better and safer then my normal lift.
IMG_20230926_180534255_HDR.jpg

Post a pic of your bike on it & a short review for others that may contemplate going down this road.

The one I have is not made anymore and is different than the one in the ad. Mine is a Pit Bill brand and their web site doesn’t offer it. I bought mine in 2005 at Sturgis from their display booth. Found the Velor stand when googling around for something similar to mine. Someone said it barely supported 300lbs and I noticed there were 2 different models; one is rated at 350 lbs and one is rated at 1500 lbs - was just trying to point this out.

It's not perfect but I'm thinking more and more it's this one. You can use a drill to raise or lower it apparently.

View attachment 377869
It showed up today. Easy installation of the casters and it was good to go. It 'just' cranked high enough to get the 500 lifted. Front tire still sat lightly on the ground butt cord be rolled around easily. Bike was as steady on this stand as my stationary one. I used a cordless drill and 7/8" socket to crank it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0854.jpeg
    IMG_0854.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Good to know! I just pulled the trigger sunday on the scissor lift similar to that here. I paid $20 bucks more, doh! I don't need the castors but wanted a stable platform for working on the KLR. So it looks like I was close!

Good to know! I just pulled the trigger sunday on the scissor lift similar to that here. I paid $20 bucks more, doh! I don't need the castors but wanted a stable platform for working on the KLR. So it looks like I was close!
Also post a pic of your KLR on the model you bought and give us a review of what you think.

It showed up today. Easy installation of the casters and it was good to go. It 'just' cranked high enough to get the 500 lifted. Front tire still sat lightly on the ground butt cord be rolled around easily. Bike was as steady on this stand as my stationary one. I used a cordless drill and 7/8" socket to crank it up.
Also, please note proudly displayed TWT sticker on headlight shroud.

👍😁👍

thx for posting this...i'm going to order one as well.

btw...i notice you have a 3 gal acerbis clear tank...
i just got one, can't decide if i want to slim down to that size just yet...
how far can you go w/ that 3 gal. acerbis tank?
tia

thx for posting this...i'm going to order one as well.

btw...i notice you have a 3 gal acerbis clear tank...
i just got one, can't decide if i want to slim down to that size just yet...
how far can you go w/ that 3 gal. acerbis tank?
tia
I'm not too sure however I was able to go from Study Butte, down river road East, to the state park at a pretty quick clip with no need for my fuel bottle. The 350 with me did need it though. Oh, and I'm a pretty heavy guy, so there's that as well.

Reactions: Dao
Back