• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

San Juan Passes 2023

I'm Patrick.

It's not fearless. I'm afraid a lot. But something happens in my brain when I'm riding the shelf roads; the drop-off just gets blocked out. I was trying to explain this to Lickety and JRed. I'm not really sure how it works. I focus on where I want to go and that's where I go.

Even though I shot the video, when I watch it, it gives me some serious anxiety. Watching the video is much more difficult than actually doing it.
Videos make trails look narrower than they really are. Optical delusion. BB changes each year due to snow melt, been riding it since the 80s. Any reasonably accomplished offroad rider capable of controlling BOTH brakes should have no issues. The future is in question due to the stupidity of some users.

Videos make trails look narrower than they really are. Optical delusion.
It's funny, they FEEL narrower when you are on them, especially in a four wheeled vehicle. I went back and looked at my gopro video of the Shafer Switchbacks and was like "THAT ROAD WAS NOT THAT WIDE!!!!"

Whoa, this looks like a good thread to fully check out later... those first pics were primo! Nice country there in the San Juans! šŸ˜Ž

Back