• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spring Burger Bash 04/22/23 11:00am, Huntsville, Tx.

lddave

Reaction score
Great way to spend the day thanks Scott and your family plus all that helped .

Attachments

• IMG_1933.jpeg
    IMG_1933.jpeg
    415.3 KB · Views: 125
I really enjoyed it! Thank you for your hospitality!

Took a couple of pictures and did text them to Scott but thought I’d share them here too. Nice turn out. Didn’t get a count of bikes but I’ll “wag” about 20.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1660.jpeg
    IMG_1660.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1662.jpeg
    IMG_1662.jpeg
    769.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 158
Scott, thanks again to you and all concerned with putting the Bash together for us. Had great food and it was great to see and visit with everyone. Kind and gracious of you to open your home up to a bunch of hooligans, many of whom you've never met. Hope everyone had a safe trip home. It was without a doubt the perfect day to ride.

Thanks to all the folks that came out today. The weather was indeed perfect! We figured out where the termite swarm came from! Way back in the back yard down in the creek there is a downed old rotted tree trunk. It is right next to my son's Fort Mahal, you have to see it to understand. We were standing on the back deck of the fort, which hangs out over the creek, when we noticed a cloud of them flying off into the sun light and we looked down. The tree trunk was covered with thousand and thousands of them, just pouring out of the tree and taking flight! Not long after everyone left, they had pretty much cleared out. That was kind of nuts! I think I counted just over 20 bikes and around 40 people. It was really cool to reconnect with folks I've not seen in a LONG time and to meet some new folks as well. While standing around talking we realized that the last Burger Bash was in 2013!! I had no idea it had been so long. After everyone left and we got stuff put away, Sarah and Daniel pretty much insisted we go for a ride because it was still such a beautiful evening! So we got in a nice hour or so ride.

If I can, I will try to host another Fall Burger Bash in September/October. I used to do these twice a year, but life just seemed to get in the way the last 10 years or so.

A BIG shout out to Jonathon @thestudent for volunteering to be chef of the day. He took over the cooking duties so I could play host and did a fantastic job :bow: Thank also to those that brought desserts. The biggest thanks goes to Beth, my wife. She worked at getting this together all week. I had one of the busiest work weeks I've had in many years and was pretty much useless until Friday evening, which barely gave me and Daniel enough time to wash the bikes and clean up the garage :-P I've got loads of pics. I will upload them shortly.

Big thanks to you and your family for hosting a such a nice day. It was a beautiful Spring day for a ride visiting with both old and new friends. Leon and Jeff humored me with letting me add a some time and mileage to our route to make a few stops on this years Grand Tour of Texas. Your pictures tell a great story of the day, so I am only going add a couple of my own.

i-DbMb7QQ-L.jpg

i-3d8BHPS-L.jpg

Such a great day! Nice to meet up with new fellow riders and others I have ridden with in the past.
Y'all take great pictures.
Thank you for hosting the burger bash and all who worked hard putting it together.

I took 190 back to Woodville. I walked and rode some of my property. Then took back roads and dirt roads between Hillister, Spurger, Village Mills and back to Beaumont.

I'm pretty sure the last get together like this was in fall of '16. It was right after I had my unfortunate encounter with a dog while on the DR.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed it. Looks like it was a great day for a get together.
Will keep an eye out for the next one.

Love the serving table...

I'm pretty sure the last get together like this was in fall of '16. It was right after I had my unfortunate engineer with a dog whole on the DR.
I was thinking something like that. Took my wife over on my bike. Only time she has ridden since the 70's.

OMG, two HARLEY"S!!!

:lol2:

There was also a beautiful Indian Scout!

I'm pretty sure the last get together like this was in fall of '16. It was right after I had my unfortunate encounter with a dog while on the DR.

The last SPRING Burger Bash turns out to have been in 2014, not 2013 as we had thought,

That's what I saw going back in old threads.

Just a couple pictures from yesterday. Thank you Friday Family very much for hosting the gathering of the clan.
OMG, two HARLEY"S!!!

:lol2:
One on either end of the line of bikes....We had you guys surrounded!

Attachments

• IMG_1665.jpeg
    IMG_1665.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    807.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1662.jpeg
    IMG_1662.jpeg
    769.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1661.jpeg
    IMG_1661.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1660.jpeg
    IMG_1660.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1659.jpeg
    IMG_1659.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 90
Cheap paper roll table covers and you dont have to clean your work tables , I use them in bulk .

Back