• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: TARA monthly dual sport adventure ride

Boy, if it's (relatively) cool and cloudy like it is today in Kerrville, that'd be a nice ride...

Is anyone planning to ride tomorrow?

Well ok then, I guess I am going to ride Steve's Mason track tomorrow. If anybody wants to join in, let me know.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• North Mason Loop 205mi.gpx
    136.5 KB · Views: 123
Wish I could brother, too many irons in the fire. Have fun and be safe!

Anyone have a link to the gpx file to the 5 dirt rides in the second link of the OP?

Seems to be dead and I don't see it linked anywhere else unless I missed it.

Thanks

Anyone going to be out there this Saturday to do the San Saba route? I'd like to join on my 690

I am thinking about it. If I go, I would start in Round Mountain. I'll update if I decide to go.

Interested but not sure I have the right bike. I checked the thread history but did not see a San Saba route. Does someone have it to share?

@LicketySplit from the first post in this thread
We have two options for routes.

1. There are 12 different planned routes, one for every month of the year.
These planned routes do not always include dirt because of the distance we have to ride west from Austin to get to the dirt. The shorter pavement only routes include the best pavement to be found in the hill country (outside of the 3 Twisted Sisters). The routes that include dirt tend to be longer due to the distance we have to ride to get to dirt. Click here to go to the page with the gpx files for the monthly rides.

Jan: Wimberley, 126 miles, pavement only, 1 low water crossing
Feb: Luckenbach, 182 miles, some dirt
Mar: Willow City Loop, 174 miles, pavement only
April: San Saba, 226 miles, dirt
May: Fredericksburg, 229 miles, dirt
June: Johnson City, 124 miles, a little dirt, beautiful low water crossing
July: Marble Falls, 141 miles, pavement only
Aug: Round Mountain / Spicewood, 132 miles, dirt
Sep: Kendalia, 147 miles, some dirt, beautiful low water crossing
Oct: James River, 225 miles, dirt, largest water crossing in Texas (very slick)
Nov: Pontotoc, 222 miles, dirt
Dec: Burnet, 151 miles, pavement only

I think that link is dead. The mileage is within my range. I tend to ride 55-65 on my WR250R. More 55 than 65. Is that too slow?

I think that link is dead. The mileage is within my range. I tend to ride 55-65 on my WR250R. More 55 than 65. Is that too slow?
I ride about that speed. If I can get out of my 7 years old grandson's soccer game, I will probably ride it. Hopefully I can figure out my new GPS on the trip...

I suggest anyone that wants to join meets at the Valero Station in Round Mountain at 8:30AM to do the San Saba route on Saturday April 1.
10541 US-281, Round Mountain, TX 78663
See you there! I'll be on the Orange 690

SpiritAtBay and I will be coming up from Kerrville so 8:30 is too early for us. We will be aiming to arrive about 9:30. Probably 30 minutes to gear up, so KSU about 10. We understand if everyone else starts earlier, have fun.

SpiritAtBay and I will be coming up from Kerrville so 8:30 is too early for us. We will be aiming to arrive about 9:30. Probably 30 minutes to gear up, so KSU about 10. We understand if everyone else starts earlier, have fun.
9:30AM works for me, looking forward to seeing everybody there that wants to join!
10541 US-281, Round Mountain, TX 78663
See you there! I'll be on the Orange 690

Reactions: JT
Hi Mike, we are doing the San Saba track. Can you go?

Yes, think I will just do it. Will take the 1090, she needs a few cobwebs blow out of her since WY.

Heading to JC in an hour or so, will meet you guys' tomorrow morning.

Great to see such a big turnout. Musta been about 20 bikes at the Valero in Round Mtn.

Weather couldn't have been more pleasant. Wildflowers so thick, the scent was strong. Heavenly.

Altho the scenery was prime Texas hill country, these are the only pix I took.

IMG_20230401_104648665~2.jpg

IMG_20230401_104504860~2.jpg

And, it was nice meeting Lickety Split and Madant15

Back