• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tired

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Maybe you've never been here, maybe you have.
I believe in Jesus and know and trust Him and wholly believe my eternal destiny is in Him and through HIm..
But I'm tired.
Tired of hearing one of my best friends was diagnosed with terminal cancer out of the blue
Tired of fighting all the brokenness of the world.
Tired of struggling with my own crappiness.
Just tired.

You got it. I’ve definitely been there.

Yes..... We are not without limitations. We can and do "burnout" at times.
Especially when we are disappointed, be it in ourselves or situations around us.
Just remember God is greater than your disappointments, he is greater than your fears. He is your source.
Sometimes we forget to go back to "the well"......Praying for you Gary.

Bro, get yourself a bag of M&M Peanutbutter, and sit down and read Proverbs 3:5,6.
Make sure you do this when your TV is OFF.

Seriously, one time I was feeling pretty crappy, and I decided to pray and ONLY thank God for stuff. After about an hour of non-stop thankfulness, I realized I had not even scratched the surface. Try it. You will be amazed at how much stuff you can come up with.

I believe in Jesus and know and trust Him and wholly believe my eternal destiny is in Him and through HIm..
But I'm tired.
Tired of hearing one of my best friends was diagnosed with terminal cancer out of the blue
Just tired.
You ain't the only one. I can't tell you how many times I prayed - "Lord come and take your children home"

Maybe it really is the end of the end times? I also pray for a great revival here but I don't have a lot of hope for that.
Just yesterday, a forum I visit had an 11 page thread on Kristianity. The OP started off mocking Christians and Religious topics have been banned for years but I think the mods let it go because well, these are dire times.

I mean you have about 40% of people wanting to continue to murder babies. Heck some want post birth abortions. The same group wants to groom your first grader and sexualize them. Violent crime is rampant. In two days, I have seen two videos of Houston PD Officers having to use their firearms to stop violent aggressors. Road rage is on the rise and civility is out the door. Our supposed leaders have given us inflation and open borders and people are having a hard time purchasing food and gas and the food shortages haven't even started yet.

Dark times are coming.

Bro, get yourself a bag of M&M Peanutbutter, and sit down and read Proverbs 3:5,6.
Make sure you do this when your TV is OFF.

Seriously, one time I was feeling pretty crappy, and I decided to pray and ONLY thank God for stuff. After about an hour of non-stop thankfulness, I realized I had not even scratched the surface. Try it. You will be amazed at how much stuff you can come up with.
Phil you nailed it and thanksgiving is easy for me when life is good and hardest when life is not so good. I always go back to these two promises of God to move into thankfulness when I am hurting or someone I know is hurting. We as believers are here to lift up each other . We all have times of sorrow and tribulation, but the joy of the Lord is our strength during these times and everyone will expirencce sorrow many times in this life on earth.
Romans 8:28 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
All things and all circumstances are not always good. So it sometimes is difficult unless we have an eternal perspective of eternal life we have in Christ.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Gary I am praying for your friend. You both are blessed to have such an eternal friendship. Bless you Brother,

Last edited:
I am on the up swing coming from a period of being “tired”. This was a new low and longest for me. Psalm 20 spoke to my heart yesterday. I will continue to lift you up.

But I'm tired.
Just tired.
Thanks for sharing, at 70 y/o, I'm about as down as I've ever been. Nothing special just LOTS of things. Mainly bad at myself for mistakes I've bad that I'm paying for now. Being "retired" it'd be nice if I didn't need to work still, it's hard. Also have pretty much lost all riding partners for various reasons, offroad riding is more fun with folks. Went by Cycle Shack yesterday to discuss selling my 450 but chickened out for now, lol. Adv riding doesn't matter, alone is fine! But yes, I know there is a lot to be thankful for but sometimes hard to see!

I'll pray for the original poster to find his peace.

...Tired of fighting all the brokenness of the world.
Tired of struggling with my own crappiness....

...I know there is a lot to be thankful for but sometimes hard to see!...

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Unfortunately, we do live in a broken world with lots of problems and misguided people, even the good folk occasionally contribute, to the point it is difficult to see the good. Struggling to rise above my own crappiness has helped my outlook. Praying ... the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

Brother, I hear you. And I pray for you. If you'd like to hear of a book that helped me a few years back, let me know. But I'll pray nonetheless.

Philippians 4:6 Instead, in every situation with prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Like good folks always told me "and this too shall pass"

Dog tired here. Just enough good has happened in the last few years to keep me going.
I feel like crap this morning, but I did wake up, the power is still on and there's food in the fridge.
Therefore, it's a good day.

I'm with you on this. I'll gladly pray for you and all the others who chimed in on this thread. I'm tired of the news in general. Tired of looking for a job too. So I go out with the camera and just walk. It's peaceful. I enjoy the good things and get away from the electronics that bring me the bad news. I should read the bible some though. I do pray, but more for help than for others. I'll follow the suggestion to pray more with an outward focus.

I'll carry on.

It's ok to feel like things could be brighter. Without shadow and light we have no appreciation of contrasts. One is just as necessary as the other. We have our highs and lows for the same reason. Normal is not an uninterrupted state of happiness. In this life we will have tribulations. It's part of the process. Normal means there will be times of fear, anger, frustration, disappointment, loss... it also means we'll enjoy nature, companionship, kindness, love, friendship and so much more. It's perfectly ok to resent our darker seasons. We'd be crazy if we didn't. Just know that we win in the end and that in an instant all this will become so meaningless that calling it trivial is generously overstated. Between now and then, find joy in every new sunrise and know that everyday is a gift.

and get away from the electronics that bring me the bad news.

2 years on the 4th of July since I purged my home of television, just a crappy internet connection remains. I stream nothing.
When I do go to the gym, the long row of tv's hanging for all to see feel like an assault with a deranged weapon to me.
Throw fear peddling to the curb. I cannot recommend it enough. Only music now, played by musicians, not machines and sans agendas.

There is more to carry than ANY of us can even HOPE to carry ... alone. That's why your brothers and sisters are here - that's why our King is here.

I find this particular passage to be so encouraging: Is. 40:31 - but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Set it all down - cut the 'chains' to the mess around you like LaserDave suggests - and EXPECT (Hebrew - tikvah; HaTikvah - the hope) the renewing of strength. It won't be just your strength - that's the best part!

Well I can't speak for Tracker but there is a lot in my life to be thankful for. In fact, in prayer, I always try to lead with that - thank God, prayers for me and my family, then pray for others.

That said, there are seasons in life where you do that but you are still tired and frustrated. I think it is the state of the world, particularly the US, that makes things so difficult.

We pray for revival, or at least we should, while still knowing things will get worse before Christ's return. There are still fields to work as we build His kingdom. Time is short.

Funny, just yesterday I was feeling depressed and just tired. Not just all the negatives in the world we live in, but just tired in general. My gumption and drive are not what they use to be, some physical, some mental. I shield myself pretty good from social media stuff (I'm not on facebook, I don't do instagram, tiktok can kiss my grits, I don't watch streaming news, my computer fires up without news feeds) but I do get down about all kinds of stuff, mostly my physical condition, money, time and geography limitations. I generally can pull myself out of my funks when I do as folks are describing above, count your blessings, name them one by one, count your many blessings, see what God has done. Ha ha, tune wedgy for you old school Baptist folks! I'm also reminded of a Tim McGraw song regularly, "I have a life that most would like to have but sometimes I still wake up fighting mad." It's all relative to a reference point, I tend to get my brain back in balance when I think about all the positives and blessings that are all around me. This might sound negative, but I think about how much worse it could be and how stupid I am being. So no, you are not alone, but you have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps and ride it out, figuratively and literally if you can. Here, I will give you something to do. Go for a ride to somewhere you have never been, get out the map, find something historic, a museum, a church, a bridge, old barn, battle site, old fort, maybe an old fart you know or your old stomping grounds. Clear your head and reassess things. Make goals, make plans and then work your plan. You know how when you are riding and you look at the big rock and then hit the big rock.....stop it, look at the good line and take the good line!!!!

1652365719584.png

Thank you all for the encouragement AND prayers. I have had "dark nights of the soul" before. I will expand on some thoughts when I have time to give to it. So, thank you again. Grace be to you all.

I know how much you are working both in your career and in serving in your church. We get more tired as we age eh? God told Adam quite early on Gen 3:17-18 , "cursed is the ground because of you, by painful toil you will eat of it all of the days of your life" when he got booted from the garden. God said the ground would produce thorns and thistles (I know the feeling, I live in Thorndale, where I believe all native plants will stick you). It also means we will always have work to do. So much for an easy retirement when one gets there as well. The rest of a fallen world just stacks on as we pass through life, and sometimes it burdens us greatly and surely it adds weight and mental anguish as the years go by. Our complete hope is in the Lord, our relief and freedom from the carnal bondage we live among is only found through him. I know you know this well. Will pray for a special filling, just a little turbocharging (double portioning as Elisha would say?) of the Spirit for you Tracker, to strengthen you and lift you up. Ed

- cut the 'chains' to the mess around you like LaserDave suggests -

I've also found putting hot topic threads that I normally would be right in the middle of on ignore in the off topic forum to be VERY helpful.
Food, fur kids, farming and the like are fun and uplifting topics. Politics and world affairs, not so much.
My great reset does not comply with their great reset. Free yourself from the minions of mesmerizing evil.

The bible has a lot to say about guarding your heart and mind. What we think on, dwell on, meditate on, what we fill our time and mind with, greatly influence our outlook and attitude.
Phil. 4:8,9 NKJ
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy---MEDITATE on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Back