• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tired

My energy level has dropped physically and mentally. . I think it is from not as much activity and not eating right. My BP is up and so is my sugar. My left eye is blurry. Sometimes I wish I had not taken the vaccine and booster , but I doubt they did much harm. My wife has lots of energy and she took them. . I recently started a no caffeine and no added sugar diet and will cut back on carbs in the near future. My wife has done KETO for years and is really healthy (not chunky). :lol2:
I was still doing some A/C work two years ago when this mess started. Even with a weak back. All I do now is work on home projects and I have noticed my back is weaker and sleeping habits are horrible, I have had more friends die in the last two years than anytime in my life. Morticians I bet are rolling in $$$$.
What do they say? Use it or loose it.
One thing that hasn't changed is my first words each morning and actually my faith has been strengthened the last two years. You never know how much faith you have till you need it. I have needed it and faith has to have an object.
Oh, first words (personalized) . Well Lord This is the day you have made; I'm gona rejoice and be glad in it. Thank you (Texan translation of Psalms 118:24)
My second words are come on Daisy and Bubba let's go potty. You should see those pups wag their little stubby tails, and that makes me smile, chuckle and shake my
head.
Definitely on a budget as well.

Last edited:
My energy level has dropped physically and mentally. . I think it is from not as much activity and not eating right. My BP is up and so is my sugar. My left eye is blurry. Sometimes I wish I had not taken the vaccine and booster , but I doubt they did much harm. My wife has lots of energy and she took them. . I recently started a no caffeine and no added sugar diet and will cut back on carbs in the near future. My wife has done KETO for years and is really healthy (not chunky). :lol2:
I was still doing some A/C work two years ago when this mess started. Even with a weak back. All I do now is work on home projects and I have noticed my back is weaker and sleeping habits are horrible, I have had more friends die in the last two years than anytime in my life. Morticians I bet are rolling in $$$$.
What do they say? Use it or loose it.
One thing that hasn't changed is my first words each morning and actually my faith has been strengthened the last two years. You never know how much faith you have till you need it. I have needed it and faith has to have an object.
Oh, first words (personalized) . Well Lord This is the day you have made; I'm gona rejoice and be glad in it. Thank you (Texan translation of Psalms 118:24)

Definitely on a budget as well.
A budget! You’ve bought and sold more bikes in the last 5 years than I’ve owned! 😂. I want your bike budget!! 😊❤️

A budget! You’ve bought and sold more bikes in the last 5 years than I’ve owned! 😂. I want your bike budget!! 😊❤️
I always buy high and sell low it is the way I roll :D I don't think I have ever put 20k miles on one and look at the feat you have done with your faithful KLR. Now over 100K miles. I salute you :patriot:

Brother, I hear you. And I pray for you. If you'd like to hear of a book that helped me a few years back, let me know. But I'll pray nonetheless.
The Book, or a book? ;-) Like to hear about it.

Again, to the many who offered words of encouragement, Scripture and prayer, thank you very much.

Was also struggling with some job burnout that came into focus for me during this time.

Lot’s torment. Even though we’re not persecuted like some Christian brothers and sisters in places like China, there is a persecution of a different kind.
…That righteous man (Lot) lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard. 2 Peter 2:8

St John of the Cross spoke of a dark night of the soul, when perspective gets warped by the world and our own lack of focus on Him, a spiritual depression when we come to the end of ourselves, and finally “be still” and enter into His presence again..

He is our well of cold water on a hot day. Psalm 23, an “old” standby has much to say to us.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Thankfulness & gratefulness is a great cure for “woe is me” Thanks for those that reminded me of that with encouragement.

So, thank you all for the encouragement. God is good; His love endures forever.

The Book, or a book? ;-) Like to hear about it.
The book is All Things New by John Eldredge. It's about the restoration of all things at Christ's second coming. I'm re-reading it now. And The Book never hurts.

Thankfulness & gratefulness is a great cure for “woe is me” Thanks for those that reminded me of that with encouragement.

Thankful for waking up, the power is still on, and food in the fridge.
Giving when you don't have much to give is a nice addition to that.
I sent 50 bucks to Food Bank last week at the dawn of another lean and mean summer.
Give to receive. It works.

Thankful for waking up, the power is still on, and food in the fridge.
Giving when you don't have much to give is a nice addition to that.
I sent 50 bucks to Food Bank last week at the dawn of another lean and mean summer.
Give to receive. It works.
You hit the nail on the head. It took me many years to understand the paradox of this spiritual law , no mater what anyone believes, it works! It is the sure fire way to counteract unhappiness and restore joy for anyone no matter what the circumstances are. The blessing comes from entering a spiritual law that has been here from the Big Inning. This spiritual umpire ushers in the 7th inning stretch, relax your team is up seven to nothing with your designated hitter comming up to bat and your #1 reliever is warming up to take the mound.
2 Corinthians 9: 6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

What does every person need? Food and water, shelter, clothing and love and peace and a few motorcycles :lol2:

Been there Gary and thanks for sharing. God's grace is sufficient for whatever we are encountering. I know that overwhelming feeling when you almost can't breathe.

This is my life verse.
25 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (Matthew 6:25-34, ESV)

I can see why, and this is the wisest man there has ever been :huh:
yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
According to the biblical account, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. The wives were described as foreign princesses, including Pharaoh's daughter and women of Moab, Ammon, Edom, Sidon and of the Hittites.
Just humor Great promise of God you posted Michael.

Maybe you've never been here, maybe you have.
I believe in Jesus and know and trust Him and wholly believe my eternal destiny is in Him and through HIm..
But I'm tired.
Tired of hearing one of my best friends was diagnosed with terminal cancer out of the blue
Tired of fighting all the brokenness of the world.
Tired of struggling with my own crappiness.
Just tired.
Total understanding! Have a great friend and member of our Church who has just been deemed terminal with cancer with the "out of the blue" scenario. Your post sounds like my mood. Sustaining Faith is always the hardest battle, the devil is ever present. But deep down you know the truth, I know the truth and obviously many here do also. Keep fighting,,,,,we WILL win!

Rom 12 :I beseech[a] you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your [b]reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

I woke up 'tired' today ... and I shouldn't be. I have my first grandson - born yesterday - the family is healthy, still employed and, like my grandfather used to say "God's on His throne, food's in the larder, and beer's still cheap."

I guess ol' slewfoot is trying to steal my joy, again. I'm letting the worries of the day - Brandon, economy, wars, Brandon - take my focus off what really matters.

Gotta keep 2Cor 12:9 in the forefront: “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

Hope y'all will do the same.

Back