• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Triumph Speed 400 and Scrambler 400 X

Reaction score
I want one!

There's a video in the article. Gotta love that thumper sound.

What sells me on the bike? 17" wheels! None of that 18" front wheel.

If you pay attention to the pictures, there are 2 bikes. Check out the different exhausts, handlebar, and front wheel:

ph-street-single-scrambler-spy-photos---right-side.jpg

triumph-street-single-spy-photos---right-side.jpg

Who's got 18" front wheel?

So it looks like Triumph will have 2 versions of the bike. One will be a scrambler (discussed by Motobob) and a roadster pictured by Rideapart. Is 2023 too soon for a release? If the test mule was on British roads, I can't imagine the final version(s) would be too far away.

What names could Triumph fish out of its history to name this new bike?

MCN confirms 2 separate bikes, one with a 17" front wheel and one with a 19" front wheel:

Other sources:

The 2 bikes side by side:

biebp-bb_W881473-bild-637793960872896403.jpg

Tally Ho! God save the Queen!

A crumpet for you wretched colonists (you'll be back).

George III.

What names could Triumph fish out of its history to name this new bike?
Probable Super Cub.

What about the Triumph Titty Baby

Seems like Bajaj brings back some scooter memories

The partnership with motorcycle manufacturing giant Bajaj Supposedly India's largest motorcycle manufacture, Here is their Africa single model. Say's Nigeria. I bet this monster would be hard to hold on to wide open
1660261479281.png

Last edited:
Isn’t it the same bike Richard Hammond used in “The Grand Tour’s Africa Special?”

Last edited:
I had a 60's Cub 200cc Really a nice bike but temperamental. Didn't ride or keep it long. We don't know how lucky we are in getting parts off the internet. Back in the day it was a hassle.
1660323866255.png

Pandemic delayed the launch of the little Triumphs.

Bike Whale reveals they may be called Scrambler 250 and Street 250. There's also a 400 cc version in the pipeline. The 250s are aimed at the Indian market. What will we get?

right-side-view4.jpg

Pandemic delayed the launch of the little Triumphs.

Bike Whale reveals they may be called Scrambler 250 and Street 250. There's also a 400 cc version in the pipeline. The 250s are aimed at the Indian market. What will we get?

View attachment 340330
to me it is an ugly little bike. 3rd world look.

Back