• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Looking at the calendar for a possible ride. How does Saturday December 9, 2023 look for those interested in either the Cheeseburger Loop or the Best of Round Top Loop? I am open to other routes/tracks as well.

I am going to see what kind of traction this gets for the next week or so before I make it official and then we can watch the weather for that date.

It's the loop that runs up to Industry then over to Round Top, down to Fayetteville and Rocky Hill. I usually start it just east of Columbus outside of Alleyton. It's a good morning loop to run with an early lunch at Orsak's Cafe. If the river is low we usually do the crossing as well.

I sat down and started making the free-time schedule for December with the misses this past week and realized we have a big birthday in the family the second weekend in December so I can't host a ride that weekend. I am now considering the weekends of December 15-17 or 29-31 as alternatives but I will likely set aside one of those weekends for deer hunting. @Kingsize and I are also lightly discussing the possibility of hitting a day ride during the week of December 11-14 so this might shift to a weekday thing as well. Weather this time of year is all over the place so we will obviously have to keep the possibility of rescheduling in mind even after we choose a date should it not be favorable as that date draws closer. I am open to any input here from others interested in attending.

It's last minute but we will be departing the Brookshire Brothers in Montgomery tomorrow at 0900 for the Cheeseburger Loop, counter clockwise route. Lunch at Yankee's Tavern. Look for the KTM 500 and XR650L if you want to join or hop in along the way.

The Cheeseburger Loop was a great success, no issues with road closures/construction, bridges out, locked gates, etc. We couldn't have asked for better weather, the dirt/gravel roads were pristine and we had a solid burger at Yankee's. Looking forward to hitting it again soon, possibly with the added northern extension (230+) or maybe even on the small bikes for an overnight moto camping Mini ADV ride.

iBat0mj.jpg

CkdZDyD.jpg

sh8nMXZ.jpg

svHOO3I.jpg

Cross posting this for those that might be interested.

Back