• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Houston DS Riders

Proposed total ride time/duration? Any food stops along the way or plan to be back to Buccees by mid-day? I am just trying to get a good handle on what to expect and my schedule for the day should I commit. I don't have my new GPS in so I'd be riding along on the heels of the group, either way this would be a good opportunity for me to put some break-in miles on the 500. I need a little shakedown ride to vet the build/setup as well.
Late breakfast in Fayetteville. Plenty of fuel. Probably finish up a little after noon.

Regarding the proposed "Possum Posse Procession" (yea, stupid but memorable name) ride for tomorrow (see below details), I don't believe that anyone has actually committed to being there. Several nibbles and interested folks, but I don't think there has been a commitment. So, unless anyone lets me know they will be there by noon today, I will not be there. Also happy to meet earlier if folks would prefer to ride when it is cooler (I would actually prefer to start earlier).
  • July 8, 2023 at 8 AM at the Katy Buckees (27700 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77494, west side of store)

Regarding the proposed "Possum Posse Procession" (yea, stupid but memorable name) ride for tomorrow (see below details), I don't believe that anyone has actually committed to being there. Several nibbles and interested folks, but I don't think there has been a commitment. So, unless anyone lets me know they will be there by noon today, I will not be there. Also happy to meet earlier if folks would prefer to ride when it is cooler (I would actually prefer to start earlier).
  • July 8, 2023 at 8 AM at the Katy Buckees (27700 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77494, west side of store)

How early are you wanting to start? I'm in Cypress, so riding to Katy takes nearly as long as riding to somewhere closer to the actual route as well.

PM sent!

I started this thread in 2019 and an very happy to see it is still alive! Life saw fit to throat punch me repeatedly, and I got out of the life for a while. I am back with a little XR150L and looking forward meeting up again soon when it isn't 130 degrees outside.

I started this thread in 2019 and an very happy to see it is still alive! Life saw fit to throat punch me repeatedly, and I got out of the life for a while. I am back with a little XR150L and looking forward meeting up again soon when it isn't 130 degrees outside.

Same here. My riding buddy and I agreed to postpone any off roads rides until daytime temps dropped below 95. Needless to say it's been a while since my Himmy has seen any dirt, mud or rocks.

I was thinking a day ride as I am sure that works better for most and on a weekend as well, but an overnight ride trip isn't out of the question either. The day ride could be the Cheeseburger Loop or the Best of Rountop ride and there's a good loop out east of Livingston for a possible overnight ride trip. I likely won't have a free weekend until late November but I could certainly break away mid-week sometime for a day ride.

If we don't do this in the next few weeks, we'll miss the best weather. How about we reserve a weekend. November 18 and 19? Give some time for planning. I could also do October 28-29 to be closer, and the long term forecast looks pretty good for this coming weekend. I'd prefer an overnighter in a cheap hotel somewhere.

Hey Tex68W,

Just propose a date - I may be able to slide things around (except Nov the 10-12), and you were the first to pipe in!

Back