• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Sooo, today's shed project is suspension...
At 54000 miles it's time to replace the OEM Showa shocks on the Heritage with Progressive adjustable ride height shocks...
Plan is to raise the rear one inch, with the four degree raked triple trees theoretically should make the steering more Bueno...
Not so much wheelies&stoppies, going more for drifting😁...
Carry On 😎

View attachment 380248
You know Pete, I have a trike lift...also, I worked on one of those for a buddy and we put a lowering kit in the rear to stabilize the steering. Harley exceeded Honda's ability to torque small fasteners to 8 bazillion foot pounds. It is amazing how American Ingenuity applied to a bolt can tighten it so only Hercules himself with a 10 foot cheater can get her loose. Carry on, sir.

You know Pete, I have a trike lift...also, I worked on one of those for a buddy and we put a lowering kit in the rear to stabilize the steering. Harley exceeded Honda's ability to torque small fasteners to 8 bazillion foot pounds. It is amazing how American Ingenuity applied to a bolt can tighten it so only Hercules himself with a 10 foot cheater can get her loose. Carry on, sir.
Yes Sir...
Where I'm at now on the setup, small amount of trail braking and the rear end stays planted in the twisties...
5/16 of an inch on the shock adjustment equals one inch of ride height...I plan on pulling my kendon trailer and the TW200 to the tiddler run with the Trike... Need to keep some weight on the steering... Why? Why not...
😎

Last word on the subject, this is what I was hoping for... Now if it works that's just fine...
😎

20240502_104156.jpg

Actually Pete, I was talking to my buddy and we had raised the back of his trike. He said it really improved the thing. It was a lot of pain, but it is good. He needs to change an air shock now and rebuild the front m/c. Should be fun for us...

Today on "Useless Trivia."

Bahnco Spanner Enkoping.jpg

"The modern crescent-style wrench did not come from the US. Instead, it traces to inventor J.P. Johansson in Enkoping, Sweden. He earned a patent for the first crescent-style wrench in 1892. (In the U.S., Crescent Tool Co. first built a crescent-style wrench in 1907.) Wrenches were made in Enkoping under the Bahco brand name for many years. The large-scale sculpture was installed in a Enkoping round-about as a nod to its history."

Mounted and balanced a new rear tyre on the GS. Shinko E705 was pretty much toast with about 6000 miles over 3 or 4 long rides so far this year.

Before and after.
View attachment 380405

Ready to go some more.

View attachment 380406
That’s about all I’ve ever gotten out of a 705 on my 1150gsa. As I recall pushing them past 7k revealed cords. Not bad for the price though.

And today I got a pair of tires via FedEx that I carried into the garage. I had a rear here and ready to put on before I head to Arkansas at the end of the month. I have decided I really like the Road 6 tires on the RT and Michelin announced their $80 rebate on two road tires, so, even though I had the rear I decided to get a set. The rear on there only has around 4500 miles on it and is about gone so figured I would need them before the end of summer anyway. If anyone like Michelins the deal is on until the end of the month. Revzilla matched price on them and knocked around $100 off the set then the rebate, almost gets them down to a realistic price.

rt-tires.jpg

Life here has been down right chaos lately! Seems all I do is go to Drs!

We did change the oil on the Cessna 150, as we had been been flying quite a bit!

I also worked the EAA's 1929 Ford Tri Motor from last Thursday thru Sunday! Got to go for a nice ride as well!

Attachments

• 20240424_202956.jpg
    20240424_202956.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240502_133144.jpg
    20240502_133144.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240505_123940.jpg
    20240505_123940.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240424_203011.jpg
    20240424_203011.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 26
I also worked the EAA's 1929 Ford Tri Motor from last Thursday thru Sunday! Got to go for a nice ride as well!
It was in Alamogordo two weeks ago and my friend waited for two hours to catch a ride but the winds picked up and they cancelled the remaining flights. He was pretty disappointed.

IMG_20240411_144039569-X2.jpg

We were in Lufkin years back, and at the next day when we prepped to leave, someone asked us if we wanted to go for a ride.
A beautiful private owned Tri-Motor, complete with repro wicker seats.
It was the slowest I can recall going in a plane, but smooooth!

Life here has been down right chaos lately! Seems all I do is go to Drs!

We did change the oil on the Cessna 150, as we had been been flying quite a bit!

Dang! I'd LOVE to go for a ride in a TriMotor!!!

Sooo, today in the Shed nothing as cool as peeling the front end of a Ford Transit...
Buttt needed to flush out the tank on the trike... Lots of floating HD tank coating making me & Mr. Mikuni and the fuel screen un happy... At this point trying White Vinegar & Baking Soda to save the paint job... last two gallons flipping the tank to hopefully get all of it out... 🙏

Carry On 😎

Attachments

• 20240509_135754.jpg
    20240509_135754.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240509_135747.jpg
    20240509_135747.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 13
Back