• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Woodbutcher / Picture a day 2016

7/24/2016 - Inside of the humidor. You all seemed to like the outside I shot a few days back so I thought the inside might be interesting too. Unfinished spanish cedar liner to hold the humidity and mildly scented. Opening the lid gives a wonder smell of good tobacco and the slightly spicy cedar. There is a special sponge that slowly releases a water combination and the hygrometer to show the humidity level.

7/24/2016 - Inside of the humidor. You all seemed to like the outside I shot a few days back so I thought the inside might be interesting too. Unfinished spanish cedar liner to hold the humidity and mildly scented. Opening the lid gives a wonder smell of good tobacco and the slightly spicy cedar. There is a special sponge that slowly releases a water combination and the hygrometer to show the humidity level.

Very Nice ! ! !

7/25/2016 - Blast from the past. New bike is the blast, keyring came with it, but it is from the past.

7/26/2016 - Brace yourself. Okay, on to some tool shots. This is my granddad's brace with a couple of bits. I learned to use his as a kid and found it very frustrating. As an adult I ended up buying one of my own since I learned how useful they can be. Now I have his and mine. His came via my dad who no longer had a need for it.

7/26/2016 - Brace yourself. Okay, on to some tool shots. This is my granddad's brace with a couple of bits. I learned to use his as a kid and found it very frustrating. As an adult I ended up buying one of my own since I learned how useful they can be. Now I have his and mine. His came via my dad who no longer had a need for it.

I have my grandfathers as well ! ! !

Congratulations on the new bike! They are incredibly smooth and fast. Oh, I have that same Lone Star key chain in my pocket right now. I still miss Lone Star. :(

7/25/2016 - Blast from the past. New bike is the blast, keyring came with it, but it is from the past.

Last edited:
7/27/2016 - Back to bugs. Got a couple of cicada shots, but as I was walking around looking at tire tracks in the mud for a texture shot I saw this guy. He was scooping up mud for a next. Love the colors.

worthy of clicking through to the original to see the detail on the probiscus

7/27/2016 - Back to bugs. Got a couple of cicada shots, but as I was walking around looking at tire tracks in the mud for a texture shot I saw this guy. He was scooping up mud for a next. Love the colors.

Dang Mud Daubers, they are such a pain in the A__. They build their mud huts everywhere and plug up everything ! ! ! :lol2:

Last edited:
He was pretty calm. The shot was from about waist high, leaning over with a 105mm macro lens. I cropped away about 50% of the image so you didn't have to see all the mud. When I got closer to him, he took off. The color is basically natural, not enhanced. I've never noticed the purple/turquoise color before.

7/28/2016 - Sometimes your pictures show awesome things. Sometimes they are just candids. Sometimes they just convey some meaning. This shot sums up my life lately. Generally good, but some bad things that just gum up the works. Today was just a string of issues. Personally, physically, family, mechanically. Nothing that is a total mess, but dang, they add up.

i-8xc6cLB-L.jpg

7/29/2016 - Cicada tree? I've been surprised. I keep checking the same tree every evening where I got the first good shots and I almost always see on cicada hanging around on the trunk. Make me wonder if the have a "home" tree. Anyway, as the sun got low I got this picture. I love the sparkles on the wings.

i-SS7THvM-L.jpg

7/29/2016 - Cicada tree? I've been surprised. I keep checking the same tree every evening where I got the first good shots and I almost always see on cicada hanging around on the trunk. Make me wonder if the have a "home" tree. Anyway, as the sun got low I got this picture. I love the sparkles on the wings.

Love the colors, the cicada against the tree bark and the sparkles :-)

7/30/2016 - Ride to Breakfast in Fayetteville. I meet up with some TWT friends for breakfast yesterday. Jamie (jar675) showed up on this hack.

i-xCLR45z-L.jpg

7/31/2016 - A trip with my daughter to the Austin Graffiti park. It was a toss up between this shot and one with her jumping with the Austin skyline in the background.

i-dF56BGt-L.jpg

8/1/2016 - Another month started. Still can't believe Scott and I are still at this. You should hear us talk sometimes about how this is wearing on us, but he keeps shooting and posting and it feeds me to continue. Kind of like workout partners. I'm enjoying doing cicada hunts in the evening. Last night I only found a husk, but it was more interesting than the flowers I shot.

i-St3W7TN-L.jpg

You are doing good staying away from the flowers.
:)

8/2/2016 - Hmm, I wonder what this little screw does? :ponder: The good news is that it doesn't set off any car alarms. :lol2:

i-dg6ZLM8-L.jpg

Don't worry, I'm not a loud exhaust guy. It adds a little rumble, but not much else. I'm going to ride it some and see what I think. With the baffles in they are very similar to the stock exhaust.

Don't worry, I'm not a loud exhaust guy. It adds a little rumble, but not much else. I'm going to ride it some and see what I think. With the baffles in they are very similar to the stock exhaust.

I'm with ya there Rusty. I like a good low "rumble" but hate nauseating load exhaust ! ! ! :rider: If I ride with a guy that has super load exhaust, either make them ride behind me or I get on the other side if the exhaust or fall way back away from the noise. I just want to ride, not get a headache !

Last edited:
8/3/2016 - Sorry Camilo, had some fun with a flash and a remote trigger. Macro lens, no crop. Click on the image to see the detail. This one is sharp.

i-C5bDB6C-L.jpg

I do not like waking up to flowers . . . .
But this one viewed full screen, is incredible!
Now, please get back to bugs or bikes.

8/4/2016 - No bugs, bikes or flowers. Just an Austin icon and an old jeep. I was helping Scott tweak the carb on his DS bike and we ran out for burgers in his M38A1.

i-9VS6xWn-L.jpg

Back