• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Woodbutcher / Picture a day 2016

I love that leaf shot. The bird is cool as well. But there is just something about the leaf that keeps pulling my eyes back to it.

The leaf has patterns and color. I was away over the weekend and need to sort through all the pics I took and get caught up again.

10/21/2016 - Well, it was a tough choice today. Got some excellent butterfly shots, one good flower, one good squirrel and this guy. I saw the owner get out of his pickup truck with this cockatoo on his shoulder so I grabbed a camera and wandered over. The owner has had it since it was young. It is a little over 13 years old now.

Great shots over the last couple of days. Love the cockatoo and leaf! Jennifer

10/22/2016 - Push to get caught up again. Weekends have been full with rides, family reunions and rallies. Weekdays are recovery. I'm just glad I've kept the shooting up.

Family reunion down by Boerne. Couldn't resist getting some flower shots and this bee got in the way.

10/23/2016 - The group at the reunion. I had a camera and tripod so I was the photographer for the event. Tons of good phone camera shots by other though.

10/24/2016 - Little butterfly on a stalk of grass.

10/25/2016 - Much bigger moth on a salvia plant.

10/26/2016 - Funny how much time you can spend with a dandelion. Late afternoon sun. Shot it from the front and back and various f-stops. This is the backlit version.

10/27/2016 - Just a lizard looking to be left alone.

10/28/2016 - Phil's smoker at the Roll the Bones Rally. I didn't know they made glow in the dark thermometers.

10/29/2016 - Larry (veriest) crossing a river at Roll the Bones.

10/30/2016 - A hole ball of Nope! Actually it is kind of heart shaped and they were docile in the cooler morning. Maybe they are friendly.

10/31/2016 - The TWT pony express comes through again. Camilo (cdc) got these for me in Houston since I was having problems finding them here. He passed them off to Scott (M38A1) at the Winchester Pie run and I ran down and got them from Scott. They are big bottles so I need to get together with Scott to share one now. My wife hates it.

Okay. Two more months to go. I think we are going to make it.

11/1/2016 - I'm out looking for butterflies, moths and bees almost every evening these days. Next thing I need to do is learn to identify them.

This one I call George.

i-qRsvMBT-XL.jpg

11/2/2016 - This is the same species as George, but is not George.

i-d5WC4qP-XL.jpg

11/3/2016 - About a year and a half ago my boss had a fall off a deck and is now paralyzed from about mid shoulder blades down. Partial use of arms and hands. She now drives, but has to use a sliding board to get herself from the driver's seat to the wheelchair. This is her extra sliding board and she asked me to had one more hand slot. Tomorrow we test it out. Just had to earn the Woodbutcher name again.

i-SR9LV3f-XL.jpg

11/4/2016 - Yay me! Posted the same day I took it! Okay, we had some rain and the drops on the morning glories looked cool. This is a 3 image stack. Handheld shots though. Should have not gotten lazy and gotten the tripod and taken 4 shots.

i-sR697TR-XL.jpg

11/5/2016 - Change of pace. My wife and I went down to Wurstfest in New Braunfels, TX for the day. I wandered with the camera and had some fun with it. Here is the ferris wheel with the moon up in the sky.

i-GKXLChR-XL.jpg

11/6/2016 - Back to normal shots :-) Here is some weird, fuzzy mold or fungus growing the backyard. Funny how I'm getting used to crawling around on the ground taking some of these pictures. I came into the house looking like a little kid with mud on knees of my jeans and grass and dirt stuck on my elbows.

i-zBp5xCQ-XL.jpg

11/7/2016 - Subdued, understated and other 25¢ words. Walked out back after the sun had already started setting. The yellow of the leaf caught my eye. The stain is wearing off the deck and the rain made the old Trex look dark gray.

i-fkd9Nqv-L.jpg

Last edited:
Love the color, action, and fun of the ferris wheel. Also really like the yellow leaf on the deck. It is very soothing.

Jennifer

Love the color, action, and fun of the ferris wheel. Also really like the yellow leaf on the deck. It is very soothing.

Jennifer

SPF your husband just explained to me why trees loose their leaves when there has been no cold weather. While we were sitting on the Drum's Milam County Show deck, screened in part as well.
By the way, good simple picture.

11/5/2016 - Change of pace. My wife and I went down to Wurstfest in New Braunfels, TX for the day. I wandered with the camera and had some fun with it. Here is the ferris wheel with the moon up in the sky.

i-GKXLChR-XL.jpg

That just begs for a long exposure! :-P I bet you didn't have your tripod with you though.

No tripod. Beer in one hand, camera in the other. :rofl: Okay, my wife held my beer. We had a guy wander through just before this as I was shooting her. He was wearing lederhosen and I had him come back into the shot. Lots of folks in german clothes willing to pose. Had a good time shooting.

11/8/2016 - No, I'm not making a statement about the election. Just had a bunch of these show up after several days of on and off rain.

i-9MfczCD-L.jpg

11/9/2016 - Sorry to do this to you, but the snails were out in force again and I had to try for a better picture of one with the eye/stalks up.

i-vfGNhGd-XL.jpg

11/10/2016 - Old radio. I'm staying with Camilo (CDC) for the night and this was in the room. Played with trying to shoot it with room light, but it was too dark. So I had to resort to the built in flash. Not optimal, but dialing it back to one stop under on the flash and a little Lightroom tweaking and I kind of like it.

i-NgrmGMC-XL.jpg

Back