• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

XR650R Acerbis 6.3 gallon tank

If I thought I get another I'd keep this one. Love the XRR's but the wife gets a little cramped on the back.

If I thought I get another I'd keep this one. Love the XRR's but the wife gets a little cramped on the back.

I can see that being a problem. That’s one of the reasons I own an FJR now. Low maintenance being the other one.

In its natural environment, with no fuel to spare on a long Utah day in the Lockhart basin. Great tanks!

Attachments

• xr.jpg
    xr.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 21
10-4. I'll keep it in mind. Its actually a little bigger than I had wanted. I'm going to continue looking for now and will get back to you if I can't find anything. Thanks Sir.

10-4. I'll keep it in mind. Its actually a little bigger than I had wanted. I'm going to continue looking for now and will get back to you if I can't find anything. Thanks Sir.
Something to think about, and this is why I opted for this big tank... A person does not have to fill the tank completely. So, if 4 gallons is all you want, only put 4 gallons in it. Also, this tank carries the first couple of gallons lower than the smaller tanks. Yes, there is some gas that isn't used unless you add a fuel pump, but again, this is weight carried lower.

I'll be in San Antonio next weekend to pick up a cross ram intake for my '71 Camaro RS.

Back