• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

Just making sure everyone sees it's not lithium. That would be about the price I would expect from a sketchy lead acid battery.

edit: Also, fyi I've used a lithium battery for the last three years that I initially had in my KLR, fits perfectly
What battery are you using, and how does work in cold weather?

Thanks

What battery are you using, and how does work in cold weather?

Thanks
Antigrav with the button restart. I have PTSD from my KLR days, went for the big bucks.
edit: I don't know if this is the exact model
https://antigravitybatteries.com/products/starter-batteries/restart-oem/atz7-rs/

As for cold weather, no direct faults, cranking might have been a little slow. Hypothetically, in freezing temps, you should turn the key for ~30 seconds to warm it up, then hit the starter.

My 2023 T7 never has shifted like I thought it should. When cold when you put it in first gear it would creep forward the other day when it did this I held clutch in and raised rpms and bike would slowly move forward. 4414 miles and warranty running out next month I took it to dealer. I had a video of the creeping and was able to make the bike repeat the creeping in front of service writer. Mechanic later could not find anything out of adjustment so Yamaha was called and they are sending updated clutch discs.

My 2023 T7 never has shifted like I thought it should. When cold when you put it in first gear it would creep forward the other day when it did this I held clutch in and raised rpms and bike would slowly move forward. 4414 miles and warranty running out next month I took it to dealer. I had a video of the creeping and was able to make the bike repeat the creeping in front of service writer. Mechanic later could not find anything out of adjustment so Yamaha was called and they are sending updated clutch discs.

Make sure they soak the new plates in oil overnight. Heck from reading this, soaking the existing plates may fix the problem. My bike wasn't the smoothest shifting for quite a while. At around 8K miles the transmission shifting got very, very smooth almost over night.

Make sure they soak the new plates in oil overnight. Heck from reading this, soaking the existing plates may fix the problem. My bike wasn't the smoothest shifting for quite a while. At around 8K miles the transmission shifting got very, very smooth almost over night.

I still occasionally encounter the problem mentioned in the t7.net post, if I quickly engage the clutch right after a cold start, it'll make a noise and jerk forward as if the clutch plates mesh abruptly. Hopefully it doesn't mean a warped disc - I can maybe see that happening with how hot this engine gets (stock flash) + the clutch being used much more in this engine configuration vs. its historical street-only usage. Buuut it's probably just cold & dry plates not meshing well at first

As to the creeping forward, no idea

Picked up T7 at dealer today , once home went for a 50 mile ride. First gear engagement is quite and smoother then before. Shifting up and especially down shifting is 100% better than before . Repair was a success , mechanic was on a test ride while I was at dealer so I will have to ask him his thoughts on the original clutch parts next time I at dealer.

Anybody in here have a stock handlebar laying around that they'd be willing to let go for cheap?

I was asking if the handle bar you are looking for is for the T7 ? I have one available since I swapped my for a Villapoto Rental on my T7

In the picture you can see my new Rental

Attachments

• IMG_9801.jpeg
    IMG_9801.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 15
I was asking if the handle bar you are looking for is for the T7 ? I have one available since I swapped my for a Villapoto Rental on my T7
Yes sir, I figured many in here have swapped their handlebar out like Dao did. Just looking for an unbent, un-fubar'd stock handlebar to replace my own.

That said, I'm in Colorado and I didn't think far enough ahead to just wait until I stopped in Texas to ask. So unless someone wants to mail one to me (and charge me shipping, at least), I can wait until I come back to Austin

Back