• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

Installed the Acerbis hand guards on my bike the are a nice fit

68669794842__92232312-6FB1-44AB-AA34-93DF0D8FA22A.jpeg

To all Tenere 700 2021 or older owners – I purchased a Camel ADV T7 OBD-2 Scanner Cable for Yamaha 4 PIN adapter cables for $19. Unfortunately, I had a 2022 T7!! Did not fit, they switched to 6-pins. Anyone want to make me an offer for it? Never used other than trying to plug it into the 6-pin socket on my T7.

I am in the Houston area, but I am sure we can work out how to get it someplace else.

I don’t think there is anything unique about the 4-pin adapter cable, if anyone else wants it for their motorcycle with 4-pins plug, but you will need to look that up per your model. Thanks, Pat https://camel-adv.com/products/yamaha-700-tenere-t7-obd-2-scanner-cable?variant=40070720356412

24' in Katy and Webster TX.

Sorry forgot to add, found on cycle trader

Last edited:
From Safari:

"Although we haven’t finalised the pricing of the tanks, we believe it will be in the range of A$3000 - $3500"

I am frugal. I put a 6 gallon tank on my KTM 530 EXC (stock was 2.5 gallons) because I need the extra range for ONE day on the NM BDR. (Also, I did not want to be the guy that needs to stop at every gas station.)

On my T7, I have two 32 ounces fuel bottles to supplement my stock tank (so that gives me an extra 1/2 a gallon). If I am going to come up short, I can buy a gas can for that ONE day, strap it on for a day or two, and then donate it to a gas station after I am done with it. I am only out $15 bucks in the rare time I need it. Much cheaper than $400 and making my motorcycle very top heavy.

Again, just my opinion on a solution to a problem that does not come up often enough. If I were independently wealthy and had time to ride like I would like to, I would put on a bigger tank and video blog all the cool places I go so you folks tied to a desk (like me) would envy me. :-)

Anyone need a battery? This was on Rocky Mountain website today. No Affilliation and no idea of the quality of these batteries but WOW what a price!

Finally installed the Rtech rear fairings. Good quality and very flexible compared to the OEM fairings. Will probably go with white when I replace the rest.
View attachment 372701
Does the rear offer any benefits over stock? I've been wanting to experiment with making a storage compartment out of the empty space inside the right side (ECU is in the left side)

Anyone need a battery? This was on Rocky Mountain website today. No Affilliation and no idea of the quality of these batteries but WOW what a price!
Just making sure everyone sees it's not lithium. That would be about the price I would expect from a sketchy lead acid battery.

edit: Also, fyi I've used a lithium battery for the last three years that I initially had in my KLR, fits perfectly

Back