• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700 twtex thread T7 XTZ700

With the Scotts on my dirt bike and current settings it is not noticeable, but when you hit embedded stuff or bars hit trees you notice it. It’s saved me many times. Pricey but better than more cracked ribs. I’ll get one for the T7 one of these days
That's what I'm hoping for. I'm tired of the front wheel disappearing off the tiniest root/rock. Keeps me awake, I guess

More updates:

- I have some touring friends from work that wanted to take a trip to Canada - I had just got done moving to Colorado (spoiler, whoops), but I left my T7 behind to leave from Austin with them. I ended up riding about 4500 miles, up through Minnesota, messing around in Ontario, then down through Niagara Falls and Ohio's "Windy 9". The t7 kept up just fine with the big bikes, although I don't necessarily understand the whole "pound pavement just to rack up as many miles as possible" outlook. To each their own...I just end up with two weeks less of PTO

View attachment 354211

View attachment 354212

View attachment 354213

After I got back from this trip (I put my T7 on a truck for cross-country drive back to Colorado), the bike needed some love. I had several problems I had just been limping around; a fork seal here, broken clutch arm spring there, loose throttle, etc. I added a couple more upgrades that I hoped would help me adapt to the more difficult riding here. Namely, an ABS delete kit and a steering stabilizer.

View attachment 354214

If I'm honest, I don't think this kit is even close to worth the time/money. There are no instructions, so I had to take some guesses on how to hookup the stock line guides to the supplied gromets on the lines. Combined with the CamelADV rear brake level, the rear brake is so ridiculously hard, I don't think I'll keep it this way. And, boy do I suck at bleeding dual calipers up front, so as of yesterday they're soft with a lot of initial grab. Not optimal. Also, I left the front ABS sensor in place thinking that the system wouldn't mind the solenoid being gone, but nope. I get a flat zero MPH (all the time), no odometer change, and a big "err".

View attachment 354218

You can get a module that plugs into the old ABS electronics, but it's another $200+ from various vendors....ugh. Maybe I'll hook up the empty solenoid just to please the ecu.

Aaanyway, ordered an MSC Moto Steering Damper from Camel, it's $100 cheaper than the Scott's and...that was my only reason.
https://camel-adv.com/products/yama...MqjYQEBui8qdaxTCqDKhNZtJ2khHjTgBoCcCcQAvD_BwE

View attachment 354215

I don't remember who told me this, but I always assumed that you wouldn't really "feel" a steering damper while riding normally. This one, on the medium setting, I thought I had a flat tire the first time riding out. I'm excited to try it on all the rocky passes out here. Until then, hope this helps

View attachment 354219
This ... ⤵️
  • Active RTC (Return To Center)
You've put that heavy bomber through some places it shouldn't have gone. This can't do anything but help.

Dude raced this in a 24 hour hare scramble.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689618185575.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689618185575.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 83
For the high fender fellas - does anyone have a stock fender lying around that they'd be willing to sell/ship for ~50 bucks or so?

New 2024 model, price continues to creep up. But $800 since the 2021 model gets a TFT dash, more ABS modes and...quickshifter wires?

....also now that it seems like the red model isn't coming back, I feel a little bad about how I've treated my fairings

I still like mine a lot just as it is. None of the new changes would have me remotely consider replacing mine with the newest model.

I am surprised with throttle by wire that cruise control is not an option. I assume Throttle by Wire due to the quick shifter option. Also makes for much smother traction control. Huge difference between my F800GSA and F850GSA. The 800 is like a lights switch whereas on the 850 you don’t even feel the intervention.

I am surprised with throttle by wire that cruise control is not an option. I assume Throttle by Wire due to the quick shifter option. Also makes for much smother traction control. Huge difference between my F800GSA and F850GSA. The 800 is like a lights switch whereas on the 850 you don’t even feel the intervention.

I don't believe they are throttle by wire, but I could be mistaken.

Installed alexi express handle guards today . Either they are Hepco Becker knockoffs or Hepco Becker is having them made in china .

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 52
Installed alexi express handle guards today . Either they are Hepco Becker knockoffs or Hepco Becker is having them made in china .
This bike dumps a ton of energy into the handlebars every time you tip it over. My fake barkbusters lasted two drops, trapped my brake lever and eventually almost broke it

I was just talking to someone about how there's probably a million CP2 engines just sitting around from wrecked MT-07's. So if you blow up your engine, just a day's work to pop in a new one

I was just talking to someone about how there's probably a million CP2 engines just sitting around from wrecked MT-07's. So if you blow up your engine, just a day's work to pop in a new one

Good info to know in case I thrash my engine. I would have thought that the MT-07 engine could possibly have a different set up on the lift and duration for the cams, but this mechanic doesn't mention the cam beyond the line-up marks. Cool to see how it all works, thanks for posting Mark.

I would have thought that the MT-07 engine could possibly have a different set up on the lift and duration for the cams, but this mechanic doesn't mention the cam beyond the line-up marks. Cool to see how it all works, thanks for posting Mark.

ISTR reading that the diff. in tuning comes down to intake/airbox design, exhaust, ECU mapping, and gearing, all of which is external to the engine.

Pretty impressive knowing the beating that bike takes that it would run another year after finishing a race with no coolant in it. Also impressive is the condition of the clutch with the pounding it has taken. I have friend that is a lot lot easier on his bike than Cory is and has an 890 that has smoked 3 clutches already.

I tought the gear ratio was different , but I guess not. I looked for engine side cases and stuff for the sake of it on the pastand yes they are very cheap on ebay.

I tought the gear ratio was different , but I guess not. I looked for engine side cases and stuff for the sake of it on the pastand yes they are very cheap on ebay.
I swear I remember hearing about some different cams or differently cut trans gears for the R7 or Euro5, but I couldn't find anything. Yamaha's been making this engine for almost ten years and shoving it in every mid-size bike they can, and selling well by all accounts

I also found his head gasket comment interesting, going from 11.5 to 12.5 compression ratio seems problematic for the rare occasion you might need some rural mexican gas

Back