• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Here's my ride from over here in the east coast. 110 miles round trip and got home just after sunset. Pics are of Kerr Lake here in central NC. pics are from cell phone.

kerrlake3.jpg

kerrlake9.jpg

kerrlake6.jpg

More question(s), when you (lightly) bump into it, how far does it rotate?

My guess is that it goes about 90 degrees, the returns home.
Your intuition is correct! Notice the "T" post in the ground in front of the gate, and the strip of grass leading out to it. That t-post is the stop for the gate, at about the 90 degree mark. I think there are stops on each side, if the gate were allowed to swing more fully open, it would come around and hit the back of a longer vehicle, like a truck and a cattle trailer. :zen:

Cool. I look forward to more ride reports!

Beautiful out there dasminker, looks just like where I'm from in East Texas.

I thought you looked familiar, we used to kick your butt in football,ha! Just kiddin', I'm a Mt.Vernon tiger and most of my old friends are around Winnsboro-Gilmer area. I've been to Gladewater a bunch!

I cleaned up my bike good on Sunday. I SWEAR!! I know, I didn't take any pics, so it didn't happen. :lol2:

But I did take pics of what happened on tuesday, when we had lots of rain, and fresh mud washed across my route out of my neighborhood.:trust:

This was after riding home in the rain, so much of the mud had been washed off my boots.
100_5184.jpg

And these are all after a day's worth of heavy rain, with the bike sitting in the parking lot, the front of the bags (mostly the right bag) were covered in a nice solid layer of mud when I rolled in, I just didn't want to break out the camera in the rain. ;-)

100_5186.jpg

100_5187.jpg

100_5188.jpg

100_5191.jpg

100_5190.jpg

I went on a recon mission this last weekend looking for great dualsport roads up near Click, Texas and found some doozies...Wow, we crossed the swollen Sandy Creek 4 times, the last two times at primitive, no bridge crossings. The hills were high and the valleys were low and the number of water crossings was in the hundreds...
Im gonna try again the post the pics. Last time it said I needed a security token...

Attachments

• Click dual sport ride 053.jpg
    Click dual sport ride 053.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 249
Had a surprise visit from my good ole riding buddy Paul at the Gas Stn today . I see this Busa pull up and I knew exactly who it was . He knew I had the FZ out today. We decided to take a quick ride and headed out towards Pilot point via FM407 and had a great ride. On the way back I handed him the keys of the FZ and told him to enjoy riding back the Busa was all mine lol . What a fun ride we took some back roads that connected to I35 via hwy 280 I believe ( Discovery Park ) and back to the store . Then went for some dinner and the day was over. Whenever we plan, stuff comes up at our stores or whatever, Sometimes trips that are unplanned work out to be the best ones.... :rider:

Heres proof b4 i get a no pics didnt happen from Scott :)

157703[/ATTACH]"]
20120515_190150.jpg

157705[/ATTACH]"]
20120515_185320.jpg

20120515_185248.jpg

Attachments

• 20120515_190150.jpg
    20120515_190150.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 20120515_185320.jpg
    20120515_185320.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 207
Infidel, don't *DO* that to us man! Post those pics :)

Mark that Busa just screams "I can do 200 mph". :eek2:

I went on a recon mission this last weekend looking for great dualsport roads up near Click, Texas and found some doozies...Wow, we crossed the swollen Sandy Creek 4 times, the last two times at primitive, no bridge crossings. The hills were high and the valleys were low and the number of water crossings was in the hundreds...
Im gonna try again the post the pics. Last time it said I needed a security token...
Hey Infidel, we were right behind you but never caught up. Saw your tracks. What a great day to ride out there, huh? We took a couple deadends for the heck of it and they paid off. Beautiful country! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8rcHCEx24Y"]Spring rains on the Straight Fork - YouTube[/ame]
017-3.jpg
020-2.jpg
010.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1-wbLFBFNo"]CR 308 Llano county - YouTube[/ame]
023.jpg
026-1.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeU3uKoha4Y"]Glenda on the GS - YouTube[/ame]

When Glenda saw that beautiful river, she couldn't resist taking a dip! I thought she was washing her bike. If it had been any warmer I would have joined her for sure. The Llano River was out of it's banks and I had to turn around and divert, but I didn't mind as we need the rain!
029-2.jpg
watch?v=E4Zvw9sr9L430-2.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINa01Po_gw"]Clark crosses the Mighty Sand - YouTube[/ame]
035.jpg
033-1.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGWicGQZEeg"]Adventure Lovers! - YouTube[/ame]
036-1.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgBRC0T6Ac"]Llano River action (The Slab) - YouTube[/ame]
003-1.jpg

:tab Whoops! My bad... I assumed you were trying to upload images to the TWT Photo Gallery when I mentioned the max file size. :doh: If you are just trying to use the attachment feature, the file display size and the file size (KB) are different. When you are editing your post and you click the Manage Attachments button, a window pops up to allow you to select your file. Scroll down to the lower portion of that window and it will show you the allowed file types, max file sizes, and max display sizes for images.

:tab I never thought of using the GS500 as a dualsport, but now that I see it with knobbies on it, it occurs to me that it would make a great dualsport for the vertically challenged folks out there ;-) Its low seat height, light weight, and good power make it ideal. Case guards for it are only like $60 and work great. I had no idea you could get knobbies that would fit it. How does your wife like it?

MudClod, that looks like so much fun. Makes me wanna go buy a DS of some sort but I have no idea where I would be able to ride it here locally in NC.

I think Clark put some sort of Shinko on that 500 Scott, and I rode it-plenty of power! And dasminkar, I've heard NC is dualsport heaven. I've seen a ton of Youtube's from out there. Check NC's regional forum on ADV!

Man, we are gonna explore this area this weekend. Ive google mapped about 250 miles of dualsport roads from San Antonio to Click, Texas and back. The "Roads of Texas" mapbook in conjunction with Google maps is the key. You need both and then still recon. After this trip we will put together a dual sport ride that will impress the masses for years to come...

PIcs and videos to come....after the recent rains conditions should be perfect...

texfiles.com/features/​click1.htm

Good on ya! I urge everyone to enjoy dualsporting now while the grass is green and the creek's are flowing before the heat arrives. Take the time to chat up the local's and enjoy the area even more! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhH4PSudqDU"]Visiting with folks from Click, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, you were right behind us...only a few minutes back because we saw this same couple, same truck one river crossing up. It couldnt have taken them 10 minutes max to get where you are in this pic.
Did yall go down the "Devils toenail road"?
I will post my route from this weekend once I recon it to make sure its all open roads and legal.
Gonna make a super early start Sunday morning (around dawn). Right now only two riders atending but anyone else is welcomed to join in the recon. We will be running some unknown roads that are possibly flooded out or deadends...but the intel will be worth it...

Attachments

• cropped ds 12.jpg
    cropped ds 12.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 239
Yes, I saw that Devil's toenail on the chart but haven't ridden it, so it's worth a look then?

Back