• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

583f878d468e8cceaf9fcc60951bdda4.jpg

fdf3ba99d459b21d014ef2fccc8cdaea.jpg

b2fbdcb26229bff1ba76bc2855fee259.jpg

Good lunch ride to Willow Creek Cafe in Mason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, amazing weather coming up the next 7-10 days in Texas. Colorado is also receiving their first major snowstorm at higher elevations.

RB

Sure hope there's barbed wire on the other side of that cattle panel. You know what they say about bulls and the color red

Hmmm...a Watusi bull, not a longhorn. The Watusi is more prone to aggressive behavior, though not always. We had one of those on the Texana Ranch where the Ross Creek Trailriders are based. It chased people on foot, on motorcycles, in UTV/ATV's, etc. It was a mean turd. The longhorns on the ranch it hung around with were docile as heck. Finally the ranch owner let some guy who was bowhunting out there go ahead and kill it. Thank goodness...LOL!

Once during a pre-enduro trail prep period one of the guys was on foot carrying a roll of that bright orange plastic fencing you see at worksites, ball fields, and such. He was stretching it out to block a path when the Watusi got after him. He through the rest of the roll at the bull as it came at him, and the plastic fencing got hung on the horns. It was crazy looking to see this bull running around with this plastic fence stuck on his head. He eventually got it off himself somehow.

That red Honda may be a bigger target than you think...LOL!

Hi @blupupher . Have you had any issues with your GoPro cameras overheating during the longer recording sessions? Nice vids!
No, battery life is ~45 minutes, and never had an issue even when I swap out batteries. I think the longest I recorded was 2 hours. I have debated attaching a power plug to it to record as much as my SD card will hold (I have a 64 gig, it holds about 2.5 hours of recordings).

8118d81f5d9d7a36aa97fee589bd22d3.jpg

...Bob look at that cap.

The website is better than the cap. Check it out. Truth!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wasn't Charles Dickens related to him? All I see on your post is an empty lot with a motor cycle parked on the road ☃

David Copperfield is an American magician actually. He is well-known for his amazing tricks, including levitation. The house in my picture appears to be hanging from the air to some degree, so hence the Copperfield reference.

:D

Ride Safe!

Mesquite to Mineola TX for lunch Friday. The rains are gone and it was 64 to begin the journey. 2 lane going there. 66 in Rockwall through Royce City until Caddo Mills. Right on 36 and I get kinda lost after that. We took mostly US80 to get back before rush hour.

We stopped at the Mineola Nature Preserve for lunch.

50333898567_b0a8ea5a1c_b.jpg

50333055238_e829dc1a07_b.jpg

For the lunch we made Frito Chili pie with hot dogs. Neither of us wanted bread for chili dogs. How to make it and no mess? Foil.

It all packed nicely into my lunch cooler. Rick brought the fritos and cheese. I froze the hot dogs to help them keep and they are just thawed after out 3+ hour ride to get there.

50333739061_aa6e14c504_b.jpg

First step take folded aluminum foil out of the mess kit and line the plate and the pan. Add butter (can't see, small packet) and grill the dogs over the small folding stove.

50333053218_533246372d_b.jpg

Put the dogs into the plate and cut. Heat chili in pan. Split up the chili and dogs and dress up with fritos and cheese.

50333738861_d3af08cda9_b.jpg

Zero cleanup, just toss the foil. Thought about posting this on the cheap camping thread... $5 Boy scout mess kit, $10 stove...

Got back to US80 in Grand Saline and rocketed back. Hands were cramping, sore butt, back was smarting but with a smile on my face.

Wondering if Morton Salt in Grand Saline is open for tours after Covid? I've heard they were on a salt dome.

Where do you buy the H N beef Frank's. They are the best
We were just texting about how good they taste but we are going to have to watch those high calories. Much higher than the turkey dogs my doc recommended.

I bought this pack at Walmart. I've seen them at Target but I usually have the wife pick them up at Central Market (HEB). There they sell the regular size HN instead of the skinny bun size I cooked. I choose the skinny ones to save cooking time for riding.

Back