• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reader's Digest condensed version.

I’m still stuck down south I couldn’t buy new parts to get a machine back up and running so I have an appointment with a lathe Monday to make new axle hubs for a trench compactor , should have it all back together by Tuesday afternoon and outa my shop then it’s time to start loading up . Should be in Shell Wyoming around may 25 or 6 , unless it’s snows again on those days . I do need to stop north of Denver for a few days to hang out with friends I see a couple times a year . But I got a camera at Granite pass on highway 14 to keep me wishing .

It's been rainy and foggy for four and a half days and it's supposed to continue at least another day. The high temperature has been below 50*. I've been staying in a motel and doing daily rides of less than 150 miles. The rain has stopped all picture taking with my camera and most with my phone. Visibility is so low that pictures would be of fog shrouded trees. I'm in a motel and I'm about to extend my stay another day so I can leave when it's dry. I've become soft in the best $35/day room available.
IMG_20230509_071340470_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
So. Dakota puts up signs at fatal accident sites. They are reversible. X marks the spot on both sides. Family and friends add mementos.

IMG_20230513_100614569.jpg

Last edited:
Just looked at weather cams and it looked wet in nearly every one , saw flurries at Granite pass on 14 this morning .

Montana puts up a white + sign with no writing. Some families and friends add Marks-A-Lot words. A couple of years back I saw, "Ride on Brother." Texas puts up signs on certain roads that tell the number of motorcycle deaths on that stretch of road, while ignoring the car accidents.

Indian taco with a side of Wyoming chili is probably my favorite food from that part of the country , something I haven’t seen anywhere else . I really can’t complain about the home grown angus beef either but there is good beef in other parts of the country just not in texas .

The rain has been crazy down here the last 3-4 days as well. All the creeks are way up!

I will be up there in about 11 weeks to see about 500,000 of my closest friends.

Went up there the first week of June about 20 years ago with some buddies. It was cold and wet. We camp at Timber Ridge campground outside of Keystone. Best time to be in the Blackhills. We have all the dirt roads to ourselves. Fun watching all the motorcycles on Iron Mountain road.

A state park ranger named Alice told me to come during the rally because the tent campers, camping trailer and small motorhome people leave because of the crowd and bikes. The campgrounds more than a 1/4 mile down a gravel road will have plenty of spots. I don't know how accurate that information is, but she said she has seen many shiny, chrome motorcycle do a U-turn as soon as they see the gravel road. Comments from some of you that have been to the rallly?

Near Teddy Roosevelt 's ranch.
IMG_20230515_171509637_HDR.jpg

A state park ranger named Alice told me to come during the rally because the tent campers, camping trailer and small motorhome people leave because of the crowd and bikes. The campgrounds more than a 1/4 mile down a gravel road will have plenty of spots. I don't know how accurate that information is, but she said she has seen many shiny, chrome motorcycle do a U-turn as soon as they see the gravel road. Comments from some of you that have been to the rallly?

Near Teddy Roosevelt 's ranch.
IMG_20230515_171509637_HDR.jpg
Alice is 100% correct

The campground host in Teddy Roosevelt NP told me the smoke was from grass fires in N Dakota, but it's from fires in Canada.

IMG_20230514_125309335_HDR.jpg

Navajo taco for lunch with this view out the window.

IMG_20230514_125316381_HDR.jpg
The was my food staple when I was in grad school - Navajo fry bread with cabrito and any pepper available ... YUM

Back