• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Aprils MEETnGreetnEAT..With a Ride on the side

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
You fellow motorcyclists are in for a special treat this time. This time we will be in Dublin,Texas at Granny Clarks. Date will be Sunday April the 13th at 11am. Be there early to greet a few riders then grab a seat and dig in! We ate here for breakfast and it was really good and fresh tasting. You can order off the menu or get the buffet. The buffet is very reasonable and hot;unlike most places where the food is cold. I understand their chicken fried steaks are delicious and are often one of the buffet meat selections.:eat: You will be kicking yourself later if you miss this one!!!

Spoke to the owner Miles who was appreciative and a genuine good guy. We are on the calender and it sounds like he is going to take good care of us.

Come join in on the food and fun. Shake some gloved hands and check out all the different bikes that show up and share some stories. Who feels up for this latest ride to eat adventure?:deal: Sign up and ride on over and check it out.:rider: If you have never attended before here is a fantastic way of meeting a few riders and maybe making a new friend. NEW MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND!!! Come see the faces behind the avatars.

Would like to see some of you Dallas/FW cats show up. This is fairly close to you guys and gals. Come on now sign on up and eat up.

*******This just in camping will be at Meridan State Park. Zephyr has been kind enough to find us a great location. Now let us show him we appreciate him by having a big turn out.*******

April 13,2014 11AM Sunday
Granny Clarks
213 N. Patrick
Dublin,Texas
445-3444

The "in" crowd
Zephyr
KamLeeR
kickstand~prophet
Red Brown
shipman
Bajaexplorer
swoody126
one Wolf
cheez
Mr2mch
Hoss83
TimeToRide
sKatZ
DFW Tom
Notsofas!
tshelfer
Simmons1+1
OldTLSDoug
Rick M

Maybees:
chiricahua
2N2OUT
atxbandit
duchess
Liteitup
TheD-Man
clutchles

Last edited:
I'm in. Good choice, Drew. Accuweather is forecasting a sunny day with a high of 74. Prime time riding weather. Don't wait til July to make a MEETnGReetnEAT.

Robert

I would like to make this one but it falls on the same weekend as the MotoGP. Hopefully, I can make the next one in May.

I would like to make this one but it falls on the same weekend as the MotoGP. Hopefully, I can make the next one in May.

Ah ha! That's what I couldn't remember. I knew there was something about that date. I can't make it either.

Waiting to hear from our ride guru to see if there is going to be a ride before and after. We took 219 and it was plenty curvy. Saw some other roads that we did not have time to investigate,but will if time allows. There were plenty of dirt roads off of 219 that might make good ride to the event roads.

I'm thinkin' hard about this one!

Dr. KP,

I am most probably in!

I don't have an interest watching a bunch of mangy racing guys in tight leather suits going around a track on a scooter. I would rather be riding!

pirate.gif

RB

Waiting to hear from our ride guru to see if there is going to be a ride before and after. We took 219 and it was plenty curvy. Saw some other roads that we did not have time to investigate,but will if time allows. There were plenty of dirt roads off of 219 that might make good ride to the event roads.

Actually... The best paved route to Dublin from Lampasas would be CR2200 on the north edge of the Lampasas Airport off 281 then up to FM581 & jig jog to FM1047 takin that all the way to FM2005.

A couple more jig jogs... one on FM2005 east to FM221 & Pottsville ...then west on FM218 to Indian Gap & on up FM1702 thru Edna Hill & into Dublin via 219

Ya'll folks comin from south of Lampasas have bunches of little paved roads to that point... dependin on where exactly you're home's at.

If I have that Sunday off... I'd be comin up thru The Gap on some of my favorite CRs ..then 219 to Carlton & prob over to Edna Hill on FM2823 for the last bit on 1702. (1702 is also less trafficy than 219)

An after eatin excursion on pavement would hafta include FM1476 & 1496 over to Lake Proctor & beyond.... A jog up to Comanche on 16 from Newberg would get ya to FM590 & down ta Zerphyr (s) hangout. Then... either FM218 back ta Hamilton or south to Golthwaite & FM572 to Moline on FM1047

Last edited:
Actually... The best paved route to Dublin from Lampasas would be CR2200 on the north edge of the Lampasas Airport off 281 then up to FM581 & jig jog to FM1047 takin that all the way to FM2005.

A couple more jig jogs... one on FM2005 east to FM221 & Pottsville ...then west on FM218 to Indian Gap & on up FM1702 thru Edna Hill & into Dublin via 219

Ya'll folks comin from south of Lampasas have bunches of little paved roads to that point... dependin on where exactly you're home's at.

If I have that Sunday off... I'd be comin up thru The Gap on some of my favorite CRs ..then 219 to Carlton & prob over to Edna Hill on FM2823 for the last bit on 1702. (1702 is also less trafficy than 219)

An after eatin excursion on pavement would hafta include FM1476 & 1496 over to Lake Proctor & beyond.... A jog up to Comanche on 16 from Newberg would get ya to FM590 & down ta Zerphyr (s) hangout. Then... either FM218 back ta Hamilton or south to Golthwaite & FM572 to Moline on FM1047

We saw the FM2823 but did not know for sure where we would end up. Looked promising. There are several dirt roads that way also if (Rod) you could post a way from Austin to Dublin the dirtier way for those that want to stay off the beaten path.

We saw the FM2823 but did not know for sure where we would end up. Looked promising. There are several dirt roads that way also if (Rod) you could post a way from Austin to Dublin the dirtier way for those that want to stay off the beaten path.

Not much gravel between Austin & Lampasas... almost all paved CRs. But very fun ones nonetheless. Most are shown on the Butler Hill Country map.

Tom (slowoldguy) is gonna be the best go to for the best dirt north of Lampasas... I only kno a few....

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in camping the night before? Checking to see if we can get some sort of camp-out going for Saturday night for those who live further away from Dublin. Will let everyone know when I get all the details worked out. KP

"Would anyone be interested in camping the night before? Checking to see if we can get some sort of camp-out going for Saturday night for those who live further away from Dublin. Will let everyone know when I get all the details worked out. KP"

Proctor Lake and Meridan State Park both have plenty of campsites available. I think both lakes are lower than the boat ramps, so they shouldn't be crowded. There is a burn ban on open fires, so story telling may be limited but we could rough it with a propane fire.

Is there any interest in camping Saturday, April 12 at either of these places?

Meridan is only one hour and 14 minutes from Lampasas :rider: and the sun is setting much later now.

Robert

Last edited:
"Would anyone be interested in camping the night before? Checking to see if we can get some sort of camp-out going for Saturday night for those who live further away from Dublin. Will let everyone know when I get all the details worked out. KP"

Proctor Lake and Meridan State Park both have plenty of campsites available. I think both lakes are lower than the boat ramps, so they shouldn't be crowded. There is a burn ban on open fires, so story telling may be limited but we could rough it with a propane fire.

Is there any interest in camping Saturday, April 12 at either of these places?

Meridan is only one hour and 14 minutes from Lampasas :rider: and the is setting much later now.

Robert

Now where are all my campers? :ponder:

Put me down as maybe. Was thinking about going to MotoGP but I can watch it anytime since I have gp video pass.

I had just look for a hotel to stay at coming in the day before, then ran across the camping post. I am game for that.

Need more info on that camping part.

That there CFS better be on the buffet :)
along with mash tatters and green beans.

I had just look for a hotel to stay at coming in the day before, then ran across the camping post. I am game for that.

Need more info on that camping part.

That there CFS better be on the buffet :)
along with mash tatters and green beans.

Still in the early planning stages. Zepman will post up after we get our heads together the location and such.:bbq:

Back