• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Aprils MEETnGreetnEAT..With a Ride on the side

I am still waiting for some Smith County riders to chime in and say they are going to ride and camp also. If you can't make it, at least come up with a reason like your leaving to ride the Rub' al Khali. Oh wait, when did you say we were leaving?

Food sounds good, company sounds good and weather looks good.....
I'm still not coming......maybe! ;-)

Maybe. & maybe +1

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I've been checking out my maps, I have run Deep Down rd. before and it was pretty sweet as you say. If I was coming to Dublin I'd go the long way....Hwy 6 is a straight shot from here. Maybe Hwy 6 through Clifton to FM 2136 to 22 west to Cranfills Gap and then 219 to split right on 1238 (bluebonnets) to hwy 6 again.
Maybe 219 out of Cranfills Gap all the way. Really doesn't matter since I'm not gonna make it. But if I was going this is what I'd be thinking.
You can make suggestions, maybe it would be a road I've missed or something.
Just for future reference.....in case.

Or..... When ya hit 22 from FM2136.. Take a right back almost to Meridian.. Then a hard left on FM1473 twistin & figitin all the way till it changes to CR4130. Take a left on 4120 or 4125 headin back down the hills on 4100 to The Gap on 22 just east of town...(4130 & 4135 both turn to gravel... But they're fun though)

Just a suggestion
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Or..... When ya hit 22 from FM2136.. Take a right back almost to Meridian.. Then a hard left on FM1473 twistin & figitin all the way till it changes to CR4130. Take a left on 4120 or 4125 headin back down the hills on 4100 to The Gap on 22 just east of town...(4130 & 4135 both turn to gravel... But they're fun though)

Just a suggestion
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Good one too!
Too bad I'm not going cause that looks like a nice ride I haven't done yet.
I'd have to ride the Versys....my son has claimed it and put an aftermarket exhaust on it......it's loud. Too loud for me but he likes it.
Thanks

I am a strong maybe...should confirm in a day or two. I am interested in camping as well.

Safe travels,
TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am a strong maybe...should confirm in a day or two. I am interested in camping as well.

Safe travels,
TTR

Put you down as maybe for now. Camping will be Saturday night only as far as I know. Meridian State Park,many arriving around twoish.

Put you down as maybe for now. Camping will be Saturday night only as far as I know. Meridian State Park,many arriving around twoish.

If anyone is interested in camping Friday night as well let's see if we can get a site for both nights. Any takers?

I'm probably going to be at the TMRA State Rally with the Brownwood Chapter of the Christian Motorcycle Association. I'll be there to help with the rally Friday evening and Saturday morning. I'll bet if you plan a dirt ride you'll get some others to join you Friday night.

Robert

If anyone is interested in camping Friday night as well let's see if we can get a site for both nights. Any takers?

I will be stuck at work Friday and Saturday. Will try to get away early Saturday even if it is just a hour. KP

Things are changing here. Don't know if I can make it.

Already paid for campsite for Sat night at MSP. Someone else can have it if I can't make it.

Ordered side racks from place in CA. Shipped to wrong addy, they were shipped back.
Emailed the guy and he said he would send another set, just pay postage, which I did.
Have not heard from him with any tracking code, nothing.

Things are changing here. Don't know if I can make it.

Already paid for campsite for Sat night at MSP. Someone else can have it if I can't make it.

Ordered side racks from place in CA. Shipped to wrong addy, they were shipped back.
Emailed the guy and he said he would send another set, just pay postage, which I did.
Have not heard from him with any tracking code, nothing.

Do you need to borrow some gear? We still have 11 days!

Thanks KP, but no..

Items not coming in on time.
No idea where the racks are at that I ordered.

too much off topic here to tell.

We all hope it gets to you in time. My UPS guy sets the packages at the end of the driveway where any one can just walk up and take them. What have we become? KP

Put me down as a Maybe, its on my calender...

Back