• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Wanted to get feedback if this is an okay idea or no way that’s dangerous.

I bought a 150 link chain. During install I measured for a 13T/44T sprocket combination. After much self debate, I removed one link. When I finished the install the chain was shorter than expected. After kicking myself I bought 2 clip on links and got the chain back to a 150 length.

Thoughts?

A0E4DBBB-7A28-41B1-A9EA-41499B131D03.jpeg

I have one I am considering parting with, but it would take $3k to make it happen. The bike is worth every penny.
Thanks again sheepdogg... pleasure meeting y’all... can’t wait to start making some awesome memories on this ****** bike!!

Attachments

• 995CA79A-6021-4AF2-A4FF-5DF416C9F0EF.jpeg
    995CA79A-6021-4AF2-A4FF-5DF416C9F0EF.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 267
  • DF061F56-BC93-436D-8CF1-FDB675BD9F16.jpeg
    DF061F56-BC93-436D-8CF1-FDB675BD9F16.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 0602735C-1F1A-4422-BBEA-6F7B40EBD634.jpeg
    0602735C-1F1A-4422-BBEA-6F7B40EBD634.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 262
Guess I'll go ahead and bump this thread to the top and post this in here and wherever else I think can get a look .

Some sucky news and a real shizzitty feeling .
I have something to ride since I was 5 yrs old till now , and I just turned 56 .
I've never had a bicycle much less a motorcycle stolen from me .

1 of my 650L's was stolen a couple weeks back , freeeking thieving azzinine bastigges .

Worst part about the ordeal was they grabbed it from right under my nose .

In my driveway and underneath my porch .

Nothing worse than low down *** thief .

This is how she looks when snagged .
0604b.jpg

That really sucks! Was the bike in your garage or sitting outside of it? Pretty sure I have a stock tank in that pile of parts I got when I traded the CRF-R for the 650R. I still haven't got that 650R running - need to make the effort to get that done. Been riding my 650L on the rides with Rydah (Rob). Don't know if you saw, but he abd 190 Octane (Chad) both got CRF450L's..

That really sucks! Was the bike in your garage or sitting outside of it? Pretty sure I have a stock tank in that pile of parts I got when I traded the CRF-R for the 650R. I still haven't got that 650R running - need to make the effort to get that done. Been riding my 650L on the rides with Rydah (Rob). Don't know if you saw, but he abd 190 Octane (Chad) both got CRF450L's..

It was under the porch , right where we sit around and shoot the bull .

Well crap Big, hate to hear that...

**** biggy that bites [emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Yea it's a sickening feeling to GET GOT .

I saw the photo first so when reading I thought it was gonna turn out Little Marko grabbed it for a solo joyride.

We'll keep our eyes locked, loaded and on the lookout for it for ya.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yea it's a sickening feeling to GET GOT .

Sure is, happened to me once. My stomach felt like I'd been gut punched. Kept walking around and around where I had parked it like Scotty was gonna beam it back up.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

That’s no good. I hope they get caught and as a bonus you get your bike back.

Wanting to replace the stock locking tank cap with a vented one... ive heard different things... are they all universal? ive found the acerbiss carbon fiber one I want but not 100% sure that's its not just for acerbiss tanks... need answers, links, advice, thanks...

signing in. Just picked up my first. Got an 2008 with alot of upgrades, going through the carb (rejetting) and upgrading the drive sprocket (fritzco) throwing on some Kendas, but runs strong and is set up well

Wanting to replace the stock locking tank cap with a vented one... ive heard different things... are they all universal? ive found the acerbiss carbon fiber one I want but not 100% sure that's its not just for acerbiss tanks... need answers, links, advice, thanks...
Acerbis is for the Acerbis tank I believe

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Back