• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

True story I bet.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1722352320736.jpg
    FB_IMG_1722352320736.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 57
That brings back some good memories from when I worked a tool room during a turnaround in my younger days. Some of those old craftsmen would run those new hires ragged coming to get those types of "specialized" tools, and of course, I'd just play along for the fun of it. I pray for forgiveness.

I glad I don't live on the coast anymore, but my family does. The last one that came in skirting the coast like that put 4ft of water in my their homes. That was in Bridge City Tx.

Wonder if that’s the European model? Just seems fascinating to me that people in Europe and Colorado are “experts” on predicting hurricanes. Living on the Gulf Coast all my life and going through many major storms, the one thing about them is there is no way to predict where they will actually go; no matter how powerful your computer is. A voodoo lady, like the one who turned Mudbone’s friend into the polar bear with little tiny feet, could do better.

Might be of some interest to some of you, long time away though.

"ICYMI: We’ve reached a major milestone for the $2.3 billion I-10 Calcasieu River Bridge project! The Notice to Proceed has been issued, allowing work to begin. This is proof of our commitment to modernizing Louisiana’s infrastructure and improving our state’s future."

A2FC604F-849F-43DA-AEEA-3093784B06EA.jpeg

It’s way past time for something to be done about that bridge; just glad I’m not driving that way regularly any more. Can you imagine the backups construction will cause?

"When the Pata Prometeon Yamaha mechanics want to lengthen or shorten the wheelbase of the R1, they then have to alter the length of the chain to maintain the correct chain tension. This is done by adding or removing chain links.

Racing motorcycles are very sensitive to change, so the guys have the option to add a ‘half link’, which means you can make changes in 7mm increments as opposed to 14mm - which is quite a big change in racing terms! "

#YamahaRacing

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1724159308885.jpg
    FB_IMG_1724159308885.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 19
This should go in off-topic. Staying away from there! This does apply to us dual-sport riders if we get off track. I understand this sign. but my question, is technically legal to shoot someone even if they're not a deadly threat to you?
9F0661CF-8EB3-4172-A12D-669951CC523D.jpeg

I did find this. But obviously, if you get shot it doesn't help, lol!

Q: What are some of the misconceptions surrounding this law?
A: It is not a green light to just go ahead and shoot anyone that is trespassing in your property or on your property. The law is always going to look at your actions and whether or not they were reasonable. Did the person reasonably believe that their life was in imminent danger, immediate danger? Whether or not someone was entering your home, your habitation, your workplace, your vehicle, with force. Were they breaking a window, were they picking a lock, were they forcibly trying to enter your property? All of those things are going to justify matching that force with the use of deadly force. Now, big difference: if someone is simply criminally trespassing. Walking across your lawn, jumping your fence in the middle of the day. Did you feel in that situation that you're in immediate, imminent danger? More than likely not. Now you can threaten someone with deadly force saying, 'Get off my property or I'm going to shoot you.' However, there are so many caveats when it comes to this. When we're talking about something, such as criminal trespass; someone walking across your yard, hopping your fence; you may use force to remove them, physically remove them from your property. However, there are very few situations that are going to arise where the use of deadly force would be justifiable in that situation. The court is going to look at other things that determine whether or not you're justified in using deadly force. Did you have a legal right to be on the property in the first place? Is it legally your home, is it your spouse's home or your boyfriend's or girlfriend's home? A friend's home in which you were invited? So first and foremost, did you have a legal right to be there on the property? Secondly, did you provoke the situation to begin with? Did you instigate a fight? Has this been someone that you've been yelling, threatening back and forth? Are you the initial instigator? And finally, and sometimes, most importantly, if you're engaged in criminal conduct, you are not protected under the Castle Doctrine. There's many situations the law can actually be quite complicated. A lot of people think you know, it's a get-out-of-jail-free card to shoot anyone who steps foot on your property, but the law is very clearly not a get-out-of-jail-free card to shoot anyone who's simply trespassing.

I did find this. But obviously, if you get shot it doesn't help, lol!

Q: What are some of the misconceptions surrounding this law?
A: It is not a green light to just go ahead and shoot anyone that is trespassing in your property or on your property. The law is always going to look at your actions and whether or not they were reasonable. Did the person reasonably believe that their life was in imminent danger, immediate danger? Whether or not someone was entering your home, your habitation, your workplace, your vehicle, with force. Were they breaking a window, were they picking a lock, were they forcibly trying to enter your property? All of those things are going to justify matching that force with the use of deadly force. Now, big difference: if someone is simply criminally trespassing. Walking across your lawn, jumping your fence in the middle of the day. Did you feel in that situation that you're in immediate, imminent danger? More than likely not. Now you can threaten someone with deadly force saying, 'Get off my property or I'm going to shoot you.' However, there are so many caveats when it comes to this. When we're talking about something, such as criminal trespass; someone walking across your yard, hopping your fence; you may use force to remove them, physically remove them from your property. However, there are very few situations that are going to arise where the use of deadly force would be justifiable in that situation. The court is going to look at other things that determine whether or not you're justified in using deadly force. Did you have a legal right to be on the property in the first place? Is it legally your home, is it your spouse's home or your boyfriend's or girlfriend's home? A friend's home in which you were invited? So first and foremost, did you have a legal right to be there on the property? Secondly, did you provoke the situation to begin with? Did you instigate a fight? Has this been someone that you've been yelling, threatening back and forth? Are you the initial instigator? And finally, and sometimes, most importantly, if you're engaged in criminal conduct, you are not protected under the Castle Doctrine. There's many situations the law can actually be quite complicated. A lot of people think you know, it's a get-out-of-jail-free card to shoot anyone who steps foot on your property, but the law is very clearly not a get-out-of-jail-free card to shoot anyone who's simply trespassing.
My dear father used to say "I'll shoot any man who messes with my harley!"........and I'd call him out on that...REALLY...just KILL A MAN for touching a 12K bike?
He's gone now...but I never understood that behavior. He died with 29 guns in the safe and never shot anyone...

Good Question. This is just my opinion No! Here is an example that happened near me. I don't think it has gone to court yet.
Seriously if someone wants to make two law firms rich shoot someone that is unarmed and trespassing. Then you have to live with the thoughts all the rest of your life. The bottom article is sad I remember when it happened. It has been a few years and I'm not pointing guilt just saying it is sad for all involved.

Last edited:
Back