• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Got to have it, from FB:

"I sold my wr450 about amonth ago. the guy test rode it up the street. little accidental wheelie, babied it back to his trailer and said he'll buy it. 'Scared the **** out of me, I want it'
This is why women live longer. lol"

** To @woodsguy's post above**

LOL, I had to laugh, because that was a similar experience to me buying my XR650R. Coming from a DRZ400, that 650 was a beast and I just knew I had to have it.

I had a guy come test ride my old Vstrom 1000 when I was selling. Cash in hand, but he has gone from a 600 sport bike. He didn't name it a block away before turning around. The instant torque scared him something serious! Thankfully he didn't loop it!

I saw where Ewan and Charlie are going to have another adventure video with '70s road bikes up to Scandinavia and around Europe and back. It would be neat if they could make a full movie and get it in the theaters. But I know that's asking a lot and probably wouldn't make any money that way. I would probably pay the admission for it, but then again motorcycle enthusiast are few and far between...... found it ⬇️

Could be interesting...

trike hearse.jpg

Here is a follow-on idea for the same Triumph Bonneville trike, a BBQ Bike...

BBQBIKE.jpg

"Hi there! My husband and I were the crazy people that did the loop over the weekend, he on his mountain bike and I on foot. Huge thanks to all the people that offered up water, fist bumps, and cheese (that was my fav). See you out there again one day."
"He rode 80 and I ran 75, a sweet couple shaved 5 miles of pavement off my longest day. We did about 25 miles per day."

870B33A1-4686-41D3-BAB7-5522EC886F5F.jpeg

Yep, I remember riding the passes one year, and coming around a bend to be greeted by a very fine looking blonde gal running towards us. As I went by, I kept thinking it must be the thin air making me hallucinate, and kept looking for a truck ahead, thinking she must have parked somewhere and just went out for a run. Nope. Got to the next town for lunch, and talking with the locals, they said folks run from town to town over the passes all the time. All I could think was that they must be the fittest people on the planet. I was almost needing help just walking from our hotel to the restaurant in Ouray!

"Hi there! My husband and I were the crazy people that did the loop over the weekend, he on his mountain bike and I on foot. Huge thanks to all the people that offered up water, fist bumps, and cheese (that was my fav). See you out there again one day."
"He rode 80 and I ran 75, a sweet couple shaved 5 miles of pavement off my longest day. We did about 25 miles per day."

870B33A1-4686-41D3-BAB7-5522EC886F5F.jpeg
They LOOK like normal folks....

This doesnt sound like the same navy I was in . The chief was the boss a sailor reacted with every day , the captain lived in a different world and you seldom saw him but the chief deserved your respect because he had earned it the hard way , by hard work .

Back