• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dualsport Ride

Raul, Trust me you want at least a 400cc bike to do this kind of stuff. Maybe a 650 to keep up with these crazies on the roads. :mrgreen: :lol2: :rofl: The other thing you want is electric start.
Make it easy on yourself. Something from a DR400E to a KLR650 is the right bike for you. Adventure riding should be fun not work! 40 years of off road and on road experience here.:rider:

What a "Great Weekend Ride".......Scott, once again, I want to say how much fun we all had. I had second thoughts about this ride,....with the cold mornings, no GPS tracks, just a kind of thrown together casual event, I really didn't expect too much..........Boy was I wrong.
Scott, you lucky dog,....You live in a cool town, you've got some of the best dual sport play grounds in your back yard. We loved the "Mix" of riding that we got to experience in LA. I think the pictures will show how much fun we all had.
Just one word to all that didn't make this ride and were cumfy in their beds Sat morning..........You missed a "Good One"
.......Thanks Scott
The Sunday Bunch right after we got off of "river road"...which was a great twisty asphalt ribbon of turns.....
cimg0068pp8.jpg

The old plantation and gas station
cimg0061vn9.jpg

cimg0071jd6.jpg

The Famous bridge that we thought we had to cross.....Squeaky was really stressing this crossing
flood015ag1.jpg

Well I guess Louisiana found some extra coin and did some repairs....Boy was Squeaky relieved
cimg0030js2.jpg

cimg0029mp7.jpg

Rauls big day in the Dirt......Little did he know, "You don't bring a Knife to a Gun Fight"
cimg0026ip5.jpg

The Creek that did in the big Suzuki Weestrom
cimg0037lz9.jpg

cimg0038si4.jpg

Squeaky posing in the spring flowers, right before the big fall.........."That's my story and I'm sticking to it":twisted: :haha:
cimg0073xj4.jpg

What all the best "Fishermen" use to bass fish in Louisiana
cimg0010it9.jpg

How the "Red Necks" "Troll" for trout in Louisiana..........
cimg0016xr8.jpg

Let us bow our heads for a moment, and remember our dearly departed Honda XR
cimg0007hv8.jpg

An hour or two into the morning, and we were taking off our liners.....Who said it was too cold to ride?
cimg0083ca9.jpg

Aw Jeeezzz, I just remembered, tomorrow is Monday and I have to go back to work.
cimg0089nz9.jpg

Mile after mile of great roads
cimg0091mh2.jpg

Contrasting Spring colors every where
cimg00790mq4.png

Squeaky sizing up the river crossing....I can do that, I just know I can,...If those boys can do it, I can too
cimg0025wr5.jpg

The "Real fall"
cimg0086ct3.jpg

We had elevation changes and water falls........."In Louisiana you Say?"
cimg0090oh4.jpg

What a "Girl"....Doing her own field repair on her own bike. She didn't ask anyone for help and she got the bike running.........
Link to pic of a naughty Squeaky
Our hotel accommodations at "Travelers Inn"....$59 a night
47cf762100048dd70000475ir8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Raul, Trust me you want at least a 400cc bike to do this kind of stuff. Maybe a 650 to keep up with these crazies on the roads. :mrgreen: :lol2: :rofl: The other thing you want is electric start.
Make it easy on yourself. Something from a DR400E to a KLR650 is the right bike for you. Adventure riding should be fun not work! 40 years of off road and on road experience here.:rider:

I'm gonna get me and the wife an XR400 like squeaky's and gonna do something like this.
CIMG0882.jpg

and on the weekends....
153324277_tzcHK-S-1.jpg

Had me going on the bridge thing :rofl:

C'mon folks, the hotel room? :doh:

Had me going on the bridge thing :rofl:

Thing is, I really thought my only options were to cross the water or go over that old, worn out bridge. Nobody had told me about the metal they'd added to the bridge until after I started asking how I was supposed to get to the other side. :giveup:

What a "Great Weekend Ride".......Scott, once again, I want to say how much fun we all had. I had second thoughts about this ride,....with the cold mornings, no GPS tracks, just a kind of thrown together casual event, I really didn't expect too much..........Boy was I wrong.
Just one word to all that didn't make this ride and were cumfy in their beds Sat morning..........You missed a "Good One"

How right you are Gary. Looks like alot of fun!:rider:

"Stepped right out of that one! You don't see any dirt on me boys? Now do ya?":lol2: :lol2:

Yup, plowed the front, stepped away, and laughed.
Last time I tried to stop a front end plow I took a bar end to the hip and the bruise lasted almost two weeks. :doh:

I think that squaky nail it with the comment about taking her out of the woods to be shot and put her out of missery.

It was not bad at all. Only that ditch :headbang: I am still exploring the limits and that is something this bike can not do.

I am still wating to see if anybody got a picture of that dicth. The river crossing just posted is nothing compared to that.

It takes at least 1 clutch of learning curve to handle the strom in the muck.

You are doing great!

DrBlackbird, you missed a picture.... Again, Squeaky salutes...

She really did hit the ground! Now there is picture proof that squeaky touched down w/ more than her feet.:duck:
Well Scott,...I promised someone that I wouldn't post that picture. For a moment, I had her convinced not to worry, because "What happens in Natchitoches, Stays in Natchitoches...........and if you really want to know,....I'm still limping a little on my left leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, yeah you did. You were close enough (watching it all happen) that you were there to pick the bike up while I was still on the ground.
I have proof.
Vid is being processed as we speak...

Ok folks, watch this...

I had rolled up onto a field to have my picture taken in all the pretty flowers:
264624719_tZBgh-M.jpg

I go to put the bike back in gear, but Gary tells me to wait a sec. He comes over...

Yup. He grabbed my handlebar and yanked me down to the ground to take a picture. It seems the boys were JEALOUS of me being the "Queen of the Hill" - the only one to NOT land on the ground all weekend. They just couldn't have that, so they plotted against me.

I've been told they nominated Gary to do the deed cuz the rest of them were afraid of me. :lol2:

Squeaky, did you purposely leave off the sound on that video?

I wasnt technically involved with the conversation, I had merely heard of a rumor that there might be such an event as you falling off your bike to take place sometime that day. And yes...I would have been afraid, you kick like David Beckam! (Ask Gary,:trust: )

Back