• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycles in Movies

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
So, who keeps track of motorcycles in non-motorcycle movies?

We are watching the movie "88 Minutes" and there have been at least three motorcycles in it (so far).

1. Harley Davidson Sportster
2. Buell (I think)
3. Buell (pretty sure, it had a big vee twin, but not which model)

So what you other folks?

Lee

Last edited:
I really like the scene in Magnum Force where Clint is riding the SFPD Moto Guzzi that turnes into a Triumph when he jumps and then back into a Goose again. Pretty slick.

I really like the scene in Magnum Force where Clint is riding the SFPD Moto Guzzi that turnes into a Triumph when he jumps and then back into a Goose again. Pretty slick.

Sort of an early Transformer!

Like Bronson's enduro Sportster in the TV series.

For no special reason I always remember the BMW K75 from The_Fourth_Protocol_. I guess is because at that time I loved the K75S

bmw-k-75-el-cuarto-protocolo.thumbnail.jpg

How does that page works? I only got the Posters.com add.

Yeah, it took me a minute to figure it out, too. Those little tiny triangles you see after selecting a search criteria open up the results.

Very poorly designed. :thumbd:

What about Tom Cruise's red Triumph Daytona and Sean Ambrose's black Speed Triple in Mission Impossible: 2 magically transforming its street tires into offroad and back a few times? Hey, I wish my Triumph was so hi-tech! lol

Attachments

• MI2.jpg
    MI2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 730
Changing tires on the fly is pretty impressive. Not quite as impressive as changing from a shaft-drive, transverse V-twin to a chain-drive, parallel twin (and back), but still pretty impressive.

Cruise was just continuing the time honored tradition of bike morphing. Bronson's Sportster would morph into a 125cc Aermacchi in mid-jump pretty regularly.

Cool short flic...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXY1PgvdzrU"]Cafe Racer - Short Film - YouTube[/ame]

:sun:

I can deal with all the hidden changes (different tires in different scenes, etc). What I really hate is that all dirt bikes are 2-strokes. They'll be riding an XR650L and it sounds like a CR125. Why don't they just record the bike while it's being ridden?

I can deal with all the hidden changes (different tires in different scenes, etc). What I really hate is that all dirt bikes are 2-strokes. They'll be riding an XR650L and it sounds like a CR125. Why don't they just record the bike while it's being ridden?

I hate that too, and all street motorcycles have the Harley "potato-potato" dubbed in...

like the two stroke XR80 in terminator 2 with the 100 gear transmission and the broke throttle cable?

and wow this is a real zombie thread!

Here comes the boom!

Kevin James rides a Triumph Scrambler.

Ultraviolet
Mila Jovavich rides a R1150R in the first part of the movie that sounds like a 4 cylinder sport bike. Guess the flat twin didnt' sound cool enough? The bike also had a gravity "shifter" installed that allowed it to ride up walls and stuff.
bmw0022357ao.jpg

Mila again in Resident Evil riding a K bike of some sort. (1300 I think)
2153761_640px.jpg

Who can forget the awesomest bike ever in a movie?

whitehouse-goose.jpg

Cool short flic...

+1. Enjoyed the happy ending rebeginning.

As I recall, Lapchick "The Mad Hungarian" in Gumball Rally (1976) and his Kawasaki KH400 ended up in a tree at the end of the movie.

493gq2.1596.jpg

Back