• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: North Austin Area Rides

can an africa twin ride these Lago trails? Im not familiar with the area other than passing through on the street. They don't look like what I'd call single track coming from CO but I have 90/10 tires and would love to do some trails on the DCT without dropping it... A perfectly unscratched bike is still my favorite :-)

can an africa twin ride these Lago trails? Im not familiar with the area other than passing through on the street. They don't look like what I'd call single track coming from CO but I have 90/10 tires and would love to do some trails on the DCT without dropping it... A perfectly unscratched bike is still my favorite :-)
Part of it depends on the rider. Given the curb weight is ~500 lbs, it would not be my first choice. There is a lot out there you could ride and other areas that would be dependent on your skills. I used to ride my XR650L out there all the time but these days, the lighter the bike the easier to get around for me at least.

Hey guys.. Used to do these rides in Bastrop and LV years ago, but then both locations started to discourage it. The one area in LV in particular had a lot of signage up, and they resumed development when water levels came back up. I'd be interested in hitting up LV some time again. My DRZ hasn't gotten much attention in a few years and was planning on selling it...

New to riding around here. Where in Bastrop or LV 'can' you ride? Would be interested in joining if anyone goes for a spin to learn the areas.

New to riding around here. Where in Bastrop or LV 'can' you ride? Would be interested in joining if anyone goes for a spin to learn the areas.
I live in Cypress but have ventured out to Bastrop to ride a couple of times. There are some nice trails off of Hwy 71. This is the approximate area.

It looks like this area was an abandoned development with Hawaiian-named streets. I'm not sure of it's current state, but it might be worth a ride to check it out.

I live in Cypress but have ventured out to Bastrop to ride a couple of times. There are some nice trails off of Hwy 71. This is the approximate area.

It looks like this area was an abandoned development with Hawaiian-named streets. I'm not sure of it's current state, but it might be worth a ride to check it out.
Oh yeah, Tahitian Village. It has been at least 20 years since the last time I rode out there. At the time, the trails were just up the hill(s) from the golf course pro shop.

I've heard a lot about the Lago Vista trails. Can anybody point me to where these are or where to access?

I need to add this thread to my resources. Good riding weather is here!

Any Veterans wanting to join me to hit the feebies on Vet's Day 11/11 - breakfast, coffee, donuts, lunch, then dinner. Also Golden Corral on 11/4.

Used to do that every year in Laredo, usually Denny's, then Krispy Kreme, then Chili's, then Applebees. Golden Corral every time. Occasionally Logan's or Texas Roadhouse...

C'Mon fellows, there are many of us near many of these establishments, or a decent ride away...

Still riding every Sunday except for today that potencial rain kept everybody home.
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1702.JPG

Where are the Lago Vista trails I keep seeing? I've done the Lime Creek run and little bit around 1431. Sadly, I don't work much but I DO have to work on Saturday and Sunday mornings, otherwise I'd be joining the group 😥

Where are the Lago Vista trails I keep seeing? I've done the Lime Creek run and little bit around 1431. Sadly, I don't work much but I DO have to work on Saturday and Sunday mornings, otherwise I'd be joining the group 😥
Nameless Road, Round Mountain road to Liberty Hill (Agape BBQ & Jardin Corona Mexican) then out past Bertram on 1174 up to 963 and over to Copperas Cove. Great riding; plus there be Wallabees!

Heads up for those of you riding Lago. Someone put large debris on several of the single track trails on blind curves hills. I almost bit it more than once coming down a hill into a blind corner. I moved what I came across but beware.

THX for the heads up, TJ....omw to starbucks, i'll drop in there....grab me some large debris armpump:D

Working on my new bike.
Got new tank (6.6G), gel seat, muffler, carb jets, handlebar & risers, bark busters, DT mirrors, foot pegs, skid plate, case guards, top rack, fork brace, tool tube,
DOT tires, led turn signals, tail tidy.

Who's up for a ride?
I can go any day of the week.

1672954615337.png

Last edited:
Lago riders: I got a text from a riding buddy that he saw on another forum that surveillance and no trespassing signs (purple post?) have been put in place and one of the riders actually got charged with trespassing. Anyone know anything about this?

Back