• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: North Austin Area Rides

Lago riders: I got a text from a riding buddy that he saw on another forum that surveillance and no trespassing signs (purple post?) have been put in place and one of the riders actually got charged with trespassing. Anyone know anything about this?
Yes sir, my friend Greg lives 2 miles from that place and he told me that a local rider got charged for trespassing. We went there Sunday and stayed away from that part. My understanding is that is right off the single track that got graded for the cross country event. He said its hard to miss the fresh purple paint.

Rode northwest area yesterday. Had to clear some downed limbs on the trails. Bottom of the powerline, along the creek bed was the most work to be able to clear just enough to get through and up the hill. Probably needs a little more clearing but is passable. Thankfully I had additional hands to help.

Last edited:
Rode northwest area yesterday. Had to clear some downed limbs on the trails. Bottom of the powerline, along the creek bed was the most work to be able to clear just enough to get through and up the hill. Probably needs a little more clearing but is passable. Thankfully I had additional hands to help.
I think you met my riding buddies, Brian and Dirk

I was down here the other day. Took the secret path from Old Manor Rd to just on the north side of 290, east of Springdale. No signs or closed gates. LOTS of trash and branches to navigate but still kinda fun for 30-45 minutes.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
I was down here the other day. Took the secret path from Old Manor Rd to just on the north side of 290, east of Springdale. No signs or closed gates. LOTS of trash and branches to navigate but still kinda fun for 30-45 minutes.
My friend made a loop from Manor to east Austin. The legality of riding some of those sections is questionable. He used some old trails known to locals and some new that he cut. But I am staying away from that trail .

Nice ride to lunch with Sally, to J&J BBQ in Lago Vista (just under 60 miles). Very sad to see "our" boat ramp in Jonestown HIGH & DRY, even to the former ramp closest to the main body of water plus another 100' or so to the "creek" that you could wade across without rolling your pants up to your knees. The ride was decent, light to very light traffic, and decent temperature (upper 80s). The ZRX started to falter when we turned onto 1869, but did OK once I swapped it to reserve. I think I need to clean out the fuel tap. Basically, we did a loop around the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge. 2-1/2 hours including sightseeing and lunch.

zsatride.jpg

Back