• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: Pondering Pie Ride Report

Sorry to hear about your incident Kelly, but glad that it was a relatively minor get off. Were you able to get the Rex turned off quickly after you went down?
I started out from Denton late because of the pea soup. I absolutely hate riding in fog. I have visions of a cager flattening me out and asking "what was that?" as they drive on through the murk without stopping. lol It was still a little foggy when I left but by the time I reached Ponder 12 miles later it was bright and sunny. I sat out on the porch enjoying the sun for a while waiting for the Rex Riders to arrive. After about 30 minutes or so, Dewayne from Houston pulls in looking half frozen. We chat for a couple of minutes and go inside. By then I had an uneasy feeling that the Rexxers had had another Pie Run mishap. :-(

It was good meeting some new folks and I enjoyed the company and the chow.
I'm looking forward to the next one that I can make.

Were you able to get the Rex turned off quickly after you went down?

Only another Rex owner would ask that question.:mrgreen: Yep, I did a quick roll in the mud and hopped up headed for the kill switch. Hopefully, she'll be okay.

Bill, I'm sorry you waited for me. Before we left the mud pit, I noticed that my right handlebar was bent back far enough to interfere with steering the bike. So I told Wayne that I was just going to head home. I assumed (there's that word) that the rest of our bunch knew, also. I split off from y'all at I-20.

Thanks to Steve (Zorba), I'm in possession of a handlebar and turn signal, so I should be back on the road in a day or two after I finish glueing my fairing back together.

Thanks to Steve (Zorba), I'm in possession of a handlebar and turn signal, so I should be back on the road in a day or two after I finish glueing my fairing back together.

Spoken like a true Rex owner! I think you guys as a group are second only to the dual sport guys in your creative solutions to damage. Sorry to hear about your off road excursion, but I'm thankful that it ended up as a minor incident.

Who knew that having pie would be so full of adventure and hardship? :giveup: :lol2:

Re: Pie Run I: Perfectly Pleasing Pie in Ponder

Here are a couple of snapshots from the camera phone after a bunch of riders had already cleared out (I never seem to remember to pull out the camera until too late).

I haven't been able to see these 2 pictures in post #1 since the thread was started - anybody else have this problem? :huh:

Pie Run's aren't for sissies. :mrgreen: :eat:

That's a fact..... My finger tips are almost warm now... almost!

Great turnout based on the the weather the morning presented. Coming from Plano we had a mixed bag. Miles of decent visibility, interupted by miles of no visibility.... at least it was cold and damp so we had that going for us :trust:

Warm Cobbler, Ice Cream.... nuff said!

Re: Pie Run I: Perfectly Pleasing Pie in Ponder

I haven't been able to see these 2 pictures in post #1 since the thread was started - anybody else have this problem? :huh:

Yep. They're gone.

I was surprised and impressed with how many showed up, and the distances some rode, given the weather. This was my first pie run since I'm new with this group, so I didn't know anyone to speak of, but met a few nice folks, (Ed, Brad, Dan, Laura) one of whom (Dan) was also new.
I was sorry to hear of FWRex's get off, but glad to learn he wasn't hurt.
The extent riders will go to for pie never ceases to amaze me....

Vern (Bonnie-STrider) on the right with his daughter and Rick (rickmillertx) in the background
folks_4165q.jpg

Ah, that WAS you we saw in Lewisville Saturday morning. Dad & I were on our way back from breakfast and it took us a second to realize there were two people on the bike because of the matching helmets.
:mrgreen:

I was surprised and impressed with how many showed up, and the distances some rode, given the weather. This was my first pie run since I'm new with this group, so I didn't know anyone to speak of, but met a few nice folks, (Ed, Brad, Dan, Laura) one of whom (Dan) was also new.
I was sorry to hear of FWRex's get off, but glad to learn he wasn't hurt.

I think it's more like: The excuses riders will use for a ride never ceases to amaze me.

Ah, that WAS you we saw in Lewisville Saturday morning. Dad & I were on our way back from breakfast and it took us a second to realize there were two people on the bike because of the matching helmets.
:mrgreen:

Yeah, before that they thought it was a Two-Headed Texan! :rofl:

I think it's more like: The excuses riders will use for a ride never ceases to amaze me.

How did I miss you in Ponder? I seemed to find the Rexers OK (all both of 'em :-P ) but I missed a bunch of folks (and probably looked right at 'em, too) :doh:

I was surprised and impressed with how many showed up, and the distances some rode, given the weather....

I thought I might've had a shot at longest distance traveled at 140 miles one-way, especially with the weather. Then I spoke to someone from OK City, and then heard about the riders from Houston. I never had a chance :lol2: .

The ride is the reason, but the pie is the purpose!

We arrived FIRST! Hey, what does that mean.

It usually means your route was not meandering enough.

But since it was your first one we will give you credit for trying and instructions on how not to do that again.

I thought I might've had a shot at longest distance traveled at 140 miles one-way, especially with the weather. Then I spoke to someone from OK City, and then heard about the riders from Houston. I never had a chance :lol2: .

The lunch/pie was fine, but I really rode all that way just for another chance to chat with the wonderful people of TWT.

I rode 277 miles each way. The e-vest and heated grips really helped in the morning. I don't know if the fog between Houston and Dallas was less than that other people experienced, but it was not the worst fog I've ever ridden through (try tule fog on the central coast of CA).

DwayneInfo, who lives in Katy, probably had another 40 miles further to go than I did and no electrics. Brrrrrrrr.

I don't know if the fog between Houston and Dallas was less than that other people experienced, but it was not the worst fog I've ever ridden through (try tule fog on the central coast of CA).

Never ridden the Tule fog but driven in it. :eek2: You easily see how you could be involved in 100 car pile-ups. We need to swap stories on that sometime.

That was some of the thickest I have seen in Texas (5-8 lines) but I was really surprised at how it affected you - I was pretty cold...
cold.gif

How did I miss you in Ponder? I seemed to find the Rexers OK (all both of 'em :-P ) but I missed a bunch of folks (and probably looked right at 'em, too) :doh:

I got there well ahead of you and I think you ended up in the back of the room. I had a great time talking with Elzi, Ed, and Brad.

Back