• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

If you haven't been Sam Houston's grave is 2 blocks north of the Wall's unit. Pretty neat to visit. States shortest hiway, lol. Oakwood cemetary.

I have always liked visiting cemeteries because of the history. Some day I will pass my body through one, when I quit livin on Tulsa time :).

Got out for some dirt roads around Nixon and Leesville this morning.

44D3056C-6C84-4338-B719-EFFCDE9BB041.jpeg

Found a new to me old bridge along the way.

E6A13D4A-207D-4A3D-A1C3-3E2CE337C42B.jpeg

Funny, I've been here since 1975, other than driving by never paid any attention to it.

Funny, I've been here since 1975, other than driving by never paid any attention to it.
I guess it’s an “interest” thing. I’m like Clay, cemeteries interest me along with old Churches, bridges, and buildings. I’ll plan a whole ride around seeing one old thing.

I guess it’s an “interest” thing. I’m like Clay, cemeteries interest me along with old Churches, bridges, and buildings. I’ll plan a whole ride around seeing one old thing.
I love to look at the dash between the two dates on a tombstones. The numbers do not always reflect the dash. :) The epitaph sometimes gives hint to the quality of the dash. Google helps to :lol2:

I love to look at the dash between the two dates on a tombstones. The numbers do not always reflect the dash. :) The epitaph sometimes gives hint to the quality of the dash. Google helps to :lol2:
Exactly! @StromXTc and I rode to Frio City cemetery and found a tombstone that said the man was killed by Indians.
Back when I had a job, we had two headstones in our property room. One from an old man with an ingraved picture. The other was a 1 day old child born and died over a hundred years ago. Thanks to the internet and persistence, about 15 years later we returned them to the families.

I thought about taking pictures but never could bring myself to stop. It was my first ride in too long and the weather was just perfect Sunday afternoon. I think I rode around 200 miles just cruising local dirt roads and zig zagging all over the place. Yankee's Tavern was closed down (not permanently I think). The deer were starting to come out later in the day so I decided to get home before dark. It was also nice to have a new set of tires on the bike. It always amazes me how different the bike feels with new tires. All in all, it was a much needed brain flush.

I do a lot of U turns. Usually after I ask myself if I’m in a rush or just out riding to see neat things. :rider:

If you haven't been Sam Houston's grave is 2 blocks north of the Wall's unit. Pretty neat to visit. States shortest hiway. lol. Oakwood cemetary.
What are you talking about? Oakwood seems to be at Ave I & 9th.
According to Wiki, SH165 in Austin is the shortest but I'm not a professional fact checker. :)

What are you talking about? Oakwood seems to be at Ave I & 9th.
According to Wiki, SH165 in Austin is the shortest but I'm not a professional fact checker. :)
Thought I heard that little road from 11th to 9th was a "hiway". That was a long time ago.

And good morning to my all time favorite TWT member!
Can you get me a case of 9mil . . . cheap? :thumb: :mrgreen:
Cheap is gone. And be lucky to get a box right now. Case sells, no idea if or win. I don't deal with ammo. Work at range. We haven't had ammo other than shotgun since summer for the clay courses.

I do a lot of U turns. Usually after I ask myself if I’m in a rush or just out riding to see neat things. :rider:
For me it is not so much that I am rushing but rather I am in a groove and don't want to disrupt my flow ;-)

Back