• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Reports for Jan 2016 Pie run to Hico TX

I'm not going to add any pictures, since I forgot to bring my "real" camera. Besides, when you've seen one picture of a hundred bikes under a sign, you've seen 'em all. But it's always fun seeing old friends again, meeting new ones, and (given my poor memory for faces), meeting old friends again for the first time. Finally got to meet Tourmeister and Woodbutcher - no telling how many times we've missed each other. Also, Woodsguy, with whom I shared a Colorado camp road in September, although we never once ran into each other.

And a great time was had by all.

Excellent pix and report...man I missed a good Pie Event.

Who owns the 1200RS ? I'm lusting and need to pick a brain.

Yowza, wowza, we were just about at the century mark for the turnout! I had a great time and also meeting several folks I have not seen in a few years. I enjoyed lunch with Rusty, Tourmeister and David talking about bikes/photography. The turnout was so large that even TricePilot showed up with his trusty administrative assistant.

:rofl:

The ride up was a bit tame with no turns for 130 miles. Coming back though, I tagged along with Jeff S and Robb who set a torrid pace on their rogue route through the countryside. The 30 MPH gusts was refreshing.

Happy Trails!

RB

28roe2p.png

Last edited:
I'm not going to add any pictures, since I forgot to bring my "real" camera. Besides, when you've seen one picture of a hundred bikes under a sign, you've seen 'em all. But it's always fun seeing old friends again, meeting new ones, and (given my poor memory for faces), meeting old friends again for the first time. Finally got to meet Tourmeister and Woodbutcher - no telling how many times we've missed each other. Also, Woodsguy, with whom I shared a Colorado camp road in September, although we never once ran into each other.

And a great time was had by all.

Was great meeting you!

Had a good time was good meeting Rsquared and Woodsguy.

Oh yeah... these guys all threw down right there! Pie was flying everywhere! :lol2: I think I saw one out in the parking lot tipping over KTMs :wary: :nana:

I had to listen to about 30 min of how good those KTM's were but I knew it was coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a good time was good meeting Rsquared and Woodsguy.

It was a pleasure to meet you as well. Always good to meet a another Die Hard motorcycle enthusiast...

Oh yeah... these guys all threw down right there! Pie was flying everywhere! :lol2: I think I saw one out in the parking lot tipping over KTMs :wary: :nana:

I had 518 miles on the day. Half of that was following behind a BMW (GS no less).

It was great to get out and see everyone. See y'all at the next.

Sent from my unbreakable Droid Turbo 2

Yowza, wowza, we were just about at the century mark for the turnout! I had a great time and also meeting several folks I have not seen in a few years. I enjoyed lunch with Rusty, Tourmeister and David talking about bikes/photography. The turnout was so large that even TricePilot showed up with his trusty administrative assistant.

:rofl:

The ride up was a bit tame with no turns for 130 miles. Coming back though, I tagged along with Jeff S and Robb who set a torrid pace on their rogue route through the countryside. The 30 MPH gusts was refreshing.

Happy Trails!

RB

28roe2p.png

The ride back through the countryside was a lot of fun. Glad you came with us.

That was my first ride with the group and I had a fantastic time. I met some great people. Seems everybody thought I was Jason. I don't know who Jason is, but I think he and I should meet. :rofl:

That was my first ride with the group and I had a fantastic time. I met some great people. Seems everybody thought I was Jason. I don't know who Jason is, but I think he and I should meet. :rofl:

Jason voorhees!
1iQvtBukSWque7AtdR0R_jason.jpg

At TWT events, I think everybody's assumption is that if you call somebody you don't know Jason, Scott, or Dave, there's a pretty good percentage chance you'll be right in there somewhere. :mrgreen:

At TWT events, I think everybody's assumption is that if you call somebody you don't know Jason, Scott, or Dave, there's a pretty good percentage chance you'll be right in there somewhere. :mrgreen:

Yep. So true. One of the few areas I'm unique in. Except too many people remember me as "Randy" though. :headbang:

Pleasure to meet you.... I'll try and get it right next time!

Welcome to TWT - Jason :)

Back