• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Reports for Jan 2016 Pie run to Hico TX

Great ride down with a group from East Texas; I managed 420 windblown miles, home to home. I've made Hico pretty much every year since '08 and I believe this was the best weather yet.
As always, good company and the Koffee Kup's pie is both beautiful and satisfying. (There's a C&W song in there somewhere -- wives and pie...)
There were some gorgeous bikes ridden by darned nice people.
As always, nice pix, Tourmeister Scott. :) and it's always good to see you.

Thanks, Leon.

Sorry I missed this one. Looks like a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. But, I have to ask; is it Hico (pronounced High Coe) or is it Hico (pronounced hicoe, like in hiccup)? Or is it like a lot of Texas names and Hico is pronounced Mahogany? :-)

Last edited:
Yep. So true. One of the few areas I'm unique in. Except too many people remember me as "Randy" though. :headbang:

Don't feel bad. For my entire life, whenever someone has messed up my name, they have ALWAYS called me Steve :scratch: I don't think I've ever heard any other name used to refer to me incorrectly. I'm thinking maybe my parents messed up when they picked Scott :shrug:

Sorry I missed this one. Looks like a lot of fun and the weather was perfect. But, I have to ask; is it Hico (pronounced High Coe) or is it Hico (pronounced hicoe, like in hiccup)? Or is it like a lot of Texas names and Hico is pronounced Mahogany? :-)

As long as I've been hearing it said and saying it myself, it's always been High Coe. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuV4zyqyCM4"]How to Say or Pronounce USA Cities — Hico, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Alpine Ridge it was nice to meet you. What is your user name I couldn't find it under members list? Gravel Guy for sure led us down the road less traveled. It was a great day.

Alpine Ridge it was nice to meet you. What is your user name I couldn't find it under members list? Gravel Guy for sure led us down the road less traveled. It was a great day.

He just changed his username to Pacific Coaster.

Don't feel bad. For my entire life, whenever someone has messed up my name, they have ALWAYS called me Steve :scratch: I don't think I've ever heard any other name used to refer to me incorrectly. I'm thinking maybe my parents messed up when they picked Scott :shrug:

Me to brother... Me too.

Signed:
Steve, er.... Scott

You too, Windmill! And unfortunately, for now, the days of "Alpine Ridge" are long gone, and Pacific Coaster has made it's entry!

Tourmeister got to it before I could, though :P

This was my first ever TWT RTE, and I had a great time. About 600 miles for me round trip, and the weather couldn't have been better for January.

Good meeting you, VoyagerRider... thanks for inviting me to your table.
And good meeting you, Jeff (JB)... enjoy that 1200GS!

See yall in Ponder!

I really enjoyed hearing about you finishing the 2015 IBR. Very impressive :bow: Met some new folks and felt very welcome as a solo rider.

Thanks to the Austin guys for letting me tag along on the way back. I think JeffS may be buying an FJ09 soon....

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 224
Yes, a big thanks to Rod for the guided tour. Very enjoyable as always!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had a great time! The food and service was great at the Koffee Kup. I just wish I had more time to hit some of the scenic rides afterwards. And I will def have to mingle a little more to meet more good folks from the site next time as well.
It was pretty impressive to walk in the diner around 10am from a parking lot of, maybe 15 bikes, then out to a lot of nearly 90!
Will for sure be hitting more of the Hico Pie Runs in the future.
Erik

Don't forget there are usually several other Pie Runs not far from the DFW area throughout the year. The schedule is posted in the TWT Sponsored Events forum.

I had a great time! The food and service was great at the Koffee Kup. I just wish I had more time to hit some of the scenic rides afterwards. And I will def have to mingle a little more to meet more good folks from the site next time as well.
It was pretty impressive to walk in the diner around 10am from a parking lot of, maybe 15 bikes, then out to a lot of nearly 90!
Will for sure be hitting more of the Hico Pie Runs in the future.
Erik

snapp600, it was good meeting ya before you rolled out. Good chat.

You too stahlee!
Sorry i had to rush out. See you on the next run my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was terrible ;)

b14cf93803ddb63b6160e5f436e830f0.jpg

4965e2744d1877913b71cb44254d7e9f.jpg

Contrast

3e38a3e091a3b0b6af4d1dcac06b9abd.jpg

Bat mobile

864946b8f78ecc1d6bde844e61054c10.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Batmobile

20160115_133302_zpsuht5ynx5.jpg

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Back