• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll the Bones IV

Camilo riding a K1600 across a slick water crossing.

Attachments

• photo(18).jpg
    photo(18).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 249
Was that the one in Somervell 1001 near Dinosaur Valley?

I've got a video of me getting ridiculously sideways on the algae :lol2::rider:

If ya'll are talkin about the big Paluxy river crossing slab/dam...(the one that's almost always snot slick).. That would be on CR1008 just off of FM205 & with an intersection (CR1007) on the other side just up the hill. CR1007 runs back over east to FM56 while CR1008/Edwards Rd continues north to FM51 at Paluxy.

CR1001 is just off of US67 & FM205 generally south of Dinosaur Valley ...& it's more of a natural rock crossing....kinda bumpy for a street tourer.

Looks like an awesome ride!! Wish I made it on the dirt bike. I was in Glen Rose to see The Promise play w/ my wife and the roads there are awesome! We clicked off 300mi on the HD just cruising around for the weekend.

If ya'll are talkin about the big Paluxy river crossing slab/dam...(the one that's almost always snot slick).. That would be on CR1008 just off of FM205 & with an intersection (CR1007) on the other side just up the hill. CR1007 runs back over east to FM56 while CR1008/Edwards Rd continues north to FM51 at Paluxy.

CR1001 is just off of US67 & FM205 generally south of Dinosaur Valley ...& it's more of a natural rock crossing....kinda bumpy for a street tourer.

Who needs a GPS when you got Rod?!?!?!

He also doubles as a human Google, that cafe you mentioned to my group as we were leaving the rally was delicious. And oddly enough their "uniforms" were tie dyed t shirts. We thought it was too much of a coincidence...

oh quitit....

Ya kno.... I STILL didn't get ta go there this last weekend. I think I remember eatin there back after they first opened.... but not sure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEY FOLKS..

ANDREW T SNAGGED THE LAST OZARKS MAP I HAD... Thanx Andrew!
trainman & TX northstar WON a THC & a OZ map for their new V Strom price guesses....

2 for $5 Tye Dyed Texas sticker deals still apply !!

THE LIST...
KamLeeR 1 CO 1 THC - $5 to WWP
slowoldguy MASTER SET $8 to WWP
PAID cavemanjed CO THC OZ TYEDYE $8 to WWP
PAID Dallara 2 THC OZ TYEDYE - SHIPPED - $8 to WWP
Andrew T ? THC OZ $8 to WWP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been sick with a cold for the past couple of weeks, but here is a pic of the awesome boots!! Yeah, in my pajamas until further notice.

Gaerne_Boots_LR-M.jpg

From us here at Roll the Bones Wounded Warrior Project Raffle:

Remember our brothers and sisters today and thank them for their service.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaU_JbkUvBM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaU_JbkUvBM[/ame]

Is there knee armor in those pajamas? Look like really comfortable riding pants.

No need. They are using pirate tech. They are made out of the same kevlar + quik clot fabric that Harley riders use in their bandanas

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

If I do say so myself, those are some bad looking boots. How do they look and feel in real life charrito?

If I do say so myself, those are some bad looking boots. How do they look and feel in real life charrito?

They are pretty comfortable. I would say however that you need to make it a point to fold the gaiter, otherwise it bunches up when strapping them on. Another thing is that they will get marked by the shifter. It doesn't bother me at all, but others may not like that.

If they feel pretty good outta the box, that's a good thing. Broken in they should be even better.

I wear BMW Dual sport ( Savanna and now Santiago) boots for most of my riding simply because they are the most comfortable dual sport boots I have found. I tried the more protective, more dirt, even more money boots and sold them before ever riding around the block. That's why when the folks at Cli-Max suggested the Gaerne's I asked around. They got high marks for comfort. I hope they serve you well.

Very high comfort marks. Mostly because they're made out of the fewest pieces of leather possible so there are fewer seams to crease funny and have to be "broken in."

Nvm, these guys explain it so much better.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pxsmeyvQ3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Gaerne Balanced Oiled Boots Review by Atomic-Moto - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Back