• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

I went Saturday for the first time, but kept to myself. I only recognized one face from the Burger Box gathering, and he was at a full table. :mrgreen:

The Blue Hangar was a cool little hole-in-the-wall cafe though!

Once it warms up outside, I'm going to bring my daughter there so we can sit outside and watch planes take off and land...

Come out again and come over and say Hi. We always have room for one more. Several of us don't bite or say anything too controversial but you may have to hear all of the old stories from the frequent attendees. They love to tell that favorite story from 1998 to any fresh meat. You might want to keep your earplugs in for the first hour or so.

There are a few regulars (irregulars?) but a lot of people just come out when the urge hits them.

Pat McDonald

My $2 buck purchase cleaned up nice

qu9uguqe.jpg

Sent from my Droid
Please excuse any typos

New guy here. Is the Blue Hanger still a Saturday breakfast gathering place? I noticed the last post was in January.

Yes the Blue Hanger breakfast is an institution. Its just that most of the guys are illiterate, blind or deaf and never post. Fortunately, I can answer postings for them. Be careful coming in that you don't hit any of the seeing eye dogs.

The pilots at this airport are a little better, just don't assume that a taxiing airplane sees you. They have the right of way and know it.

Pat McDonald

Yes the Blue Hanger breakfast is an institution. Its just that most of the guys are illiterate, blind or deaf and never post. Fortunately, I can answer postings for them. Be careful coming in that you don't hit any of the seeing eye dogs.

The pilots at this airport are a little better, just don't assume that a taxiing airplane sees you. They have the right of way and know it.

Pat McDonald

And what ever you do don't pull out in front of a landing airplane. They won't know you're there until the prop chops you into little pieces. They been known to land on top of each other out there. Even had one try and land on top of an SUV. Saw a Biplane try to dry hump a pickup that pulled out on the taxiway in front of him.
Never a dull place to eat!

Oh, and try to get there a little before 8 am for the best seating!
We sit outside if it's not raining or snowing.
Come say Hi!
I'll be the one in the High Viz Motorcycle Jacket. :mrgreen:

You guys are funny! I'll try and miss the seeing eye dogs. Of coarse MY seeing eye dog is getting old and blind so I don't make any promises. I'll be there as long as I don't fall asleep on the way there and end up in Denton. Curtis, my poor dog is color blind, and may not see the Hi Viz but hopefully I'll find you.

Any rides going on afterwards? I won't make it to the hangar for breakfast but am looking to ride around 9am.

Y'all early risers musta worn them out this past Saturday morning. By the time we arrived around 10:AM they were out of hash browns and both waitresses seem to have lost any capacity to manage orders. :lol2:

90+ minutes for breakfast for 2. My drink arrived with 2 bites remaining in my bacon, egg & cheese sammich. Good thing we had nothing else to do.

Food was good as always, and even with their lost minds the service was still as friendly as always. Just wish I had thought to videotape it. True comedy in Abbott & Costello fashion.

Thinking about riding down from Wichita Falls for breakfast. Anybody ese from my area riding down?

If you're coming down 287 turn on 407 south of Decatur 12 miles or so to Justin and I'll ride the last 14 miles there with you. Even show you the scenic route.

I live 1.5 miles east od 287 on 407. PM me and I'll give you my address and cell # so we can co ordinate it.

Is this still happening every Sat? I might be able to make it this weekend if it is.

Yes it is. I was there last weekend. Can't make this weekend but I plan to be at Ice Cream tonight.

Is this still happening every Sat? I might be able to make it this weekend if it is.

NO, it's gotten too crowded so we canceled it!!!!:rofl:

Come early if you can or sit at one of the little tables.
Or inside with Pilots and the Harley Riders.:giveup:

I can't make the BB tonight. Grandsons Birthday Party tonight.
Little guy turns three today.

But I'll be at the BH as usual......

I should ride the diesel tomorrow!

Back