• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Saturday Breakfast at The Blue Hanger

Well next time you want to come down you can ride down Friday Evening and your welcome to stay the night in my guest house. Then you can ride over in the morning with me. About 14 miles from my house to the BH.

And you've been to my house before!

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know.

Well next time you want to come down you can ride down Friday Evening and your welcome to stay the night in my guest house. Then you can ride over in the morning with me. About 14 miles from my house to the BH.

And you've been to my house before!

Got a late start but will still go for pie. See you guys there.

I will keep an eye on this site, I have been looking for a spot to have breakfast and talk bikes since we moved up here in April. This weekend may have family duties, but I will get over there soon.

I was over to the Roanoke airport today and there is not sign saying that the Blue Hanger will be closed tomorrow, So I guess it is business as usual.

I'll be there as always.

group 1 st the stump

what a junkie, checking the forum on his phone

Breakfast at the Blue Hanger is always on. The real nuts start showing up at 7:00 A.M. because that is when they open. More reasonable people flow in and out through the morning.

Good deal. I will NOT be there at 7am ha! Should have 3 of us on 990's and a buddy flying in. Yall say hello if you are there.

The rains have stopped and its beginning to heat up.
Need to get back to starting my Saturday rides with a stop at the Blue Hanger.

Just an FYI. I was by the Blue Hanger this week and verified that they will be open on Saturday July 4th.

So, come on over its business as usual

It seems that the water well at the airport has failed. No water, no coffee etc. So for the time being the breakfast is being moved to the Lonesome Dove on HWY 377 in Roanoke. From the Blue Hanger go back east on FM 1171 to the first light (this is Hwy 377) and turn right. Go maybe 5 miles to Roanoke. The Lonesome Dove is on the left about 1/4 of the way through Roanoke on Hwy 377.

Of course if we get the light precipitation that we had today (less than 4 or 5 ") you might want to come by car.

The news on the Blue Hanger is that they will have to move off the Airport premises in the next few weeks. It seems that the water systems and septic system are in need of repairs and the owner is unwilling to spend the money to bring it all up to capacity to handle a restaurant.

We will miss watching the planes, especially the low passes by the warbirds. Still looking for a permanent spot for the future.

It seems that the water well at the airport has failed. No water, no coffee etc. So for the time being the breakfast is being moved to the Lonesome Dove on HWY 377 in Roanoke. From the Blue Hanger go back east on FM 1171 to the first light (this is Hwy 377) and turn right. Go maybe 5 miles to Roanoke. The Lonesome Dove is on the left about 1/4 of the way through Roanoke on Hwy 377.

Is this it?
http://www.dovecreekcafe.com/

The news on the Blue Hanger is that they will have to move off the Airport premises in the next few weeks. It seems that the water systems and septic system are in need of repairs and the owner is unwilling to spend the money to bring it all up to capacity to handle a restaurant.

We will miss watching the planes, especially the low passes by the warbirds. Still looking for a permanent spot for the future.
Bummer!

Dove creek makes a great breakfast, but no aircraft.

Back