• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom A Thon VI Supa Ten III.. Equal Seekual March 28-31 2019 Final Mr2mch Edition

I resemble that remark 😉.

Destination Cycles set me up with a nice helmet and donut; great buying experience.

Nice to meet some new riders and see long time friends.

Thanks everyone for the hospitality.

Hope everyone gets home safe. I'm in, unloaded, on my couch under a blanket, surfin' the net again. Two more days of vacation left :coffee:

Mr2mch, great to meet you this weekend. Thanks for the event, I had a great time and it set a nice tone. I was so chill on my drive home.

re The Hanger - I've wanted to go eat there. One of these trips to Fredericksburg I'll make it.

This was great that Destination Cycle got to make a few sales from TWT. This is where I got my 17 V-STROM 650XT. It's a great small town dealership we should support.

Up early, getting coffee then load out at daylight. What a great day yesterday.

Breakfast at Destination Cycles was great. And Chuck set me up with a tailpack setup last minute cause I lost straps to my other one.

For the ride Gina and I headed out and hit some fun ranch roads. We did Luckenbach for lunch and to warm up. We were the 'other bikes' in the sea of Harleys in the parking lot. We took some pics then headed back. (I'll get the routes once I look at the maps).

It was very windy and the temps dropped fast. I was lucky Gina is awesome she kept throwing liners at me to put on so I wouldn't freeze. She was a fun ride buddy and made sure I was doing OK on the ride. JT was able to make the last round of roads before picture time. After that we got dinner.

Fun things: I almost ran over a turkey and Gina almost got taken away by an owl.

Wil put up my gear observations in their respective threads. But overall such a fun weekend. Met Kat, what a cool lady. And the guys, yall are fun and truly a wealth of motorcycle knowledge and great senses of humor. It was great seeing yall again Dave...Dave..was there a Kevin?. Met Joe and another Joe and Rick (yall are great neighbors in 17). Bob and his wife were excellent. Vinny = trouble. Met more folks, just can't remember names (sorry!). Had a great time.
On my rides up there I always make sure (except in the dog days of summer) to throw in an extra, thin (non bulky) long sleeve shirt just in case. Gone the entire ride not having to pull it out but good to have a plan b for sure.

Great to be back on a TWT ride after a 2-year hiatus. Thanks Mr2mch for the Butler map review with me and my Sat riding companions. Hate that I missed the pic and dinner Sat but riding home in the wind seemed like the smarter than riding home in the wind and 40-degree temps. Lesson learned from weekend - beware riding with guys looking for dirt with big knobbies when your bike has 90/10 tires...Until next time!

On my rides up there I always make sure (except in the dog days of summer) to throw in an extra, thin (non bulky) long sleeve shirt just in case. Gone the entire ride not having to pull it out but good to have a plan b for sure.
I got fish shirts that would fit that bill perfectly. I'll be sure to throw one in the ack. As it was I had a long sleeve and short sleeve on under my heavy leather jacket w liner...but darn it if I didn't get cold lol I thought I was ready...nope!

Great to be back on a TWT ride after a 2-year hiatus. Thanks Mr2mch for the Butler map review with me and my Sat riding companions. Hate that I missed the pic and dinner Sat but riding home in the wind seemed like the smarter than riding home in the wind and 40-degree temps. Lesson learned from weekend - beware riding with guys looking for dirt with big knobbies when your bike has 90/10 tires...Until next time!
It was good meeting you at Bob's site. I'm sure will run into you again. Hey we never got to finish our conversation about fishing. Will have to do that.

We're back at Mamas Home Cookin in Burnet for lunch.
1086c30e8d9c10c1db0cf8256c0c5fa9.jpg

62576ae0668b6169690a5d0dc5e658fe.jpg

d0b018eb05ac014e1c6e9f2a000db50d.jpg

I had the CFS (onion rings not in pic)
Phil had the pork chops
& Rich had catfish.......all good
Now we can make it home

Last edited:
It was an awesome weekend. Thanks @MacDaddy and @Jarrett for leading the rides I joined and @Mr2mch for organizing the whole thing. Glad I got to finally ride the sisters, it was worth it. :rider:

I'm home. Thanks Rod for organizing this and macdaddy for the donut eating tips and great ride on Saturday. Thanks to David, David, David, (BigDave, Little BigDave, and 2Wheelednut) and David's GF Jackie for sharing the Ranch House at the park. It was nice seeing everyone I saw.

Great weekend! It was good to meet the regulars plus a few new friendly faces at the Stromathon. The cool weather was refreshing considering that summer heat is right around the corner.

Thanks Rod for putting this together!

Pre-dinner blues and brews with SAB and Zephyr onstage

i-StTXgFg-L.jpg

Image file location

Back home 5:25 with 875 on the odo....
Today was another fine fine day of ridin
Thanx for all the comments ya'll.

& a BIG THANX to all ya'll ride leaders.... couldnt a done it without ya.

Hope everyone else made it home ok....
I kno of one of ya who earned their stripes

Great time folks. Much thanks to mr2mch for making it all happen. Probably the best example of a TWT venue that I know of. Really good to see old friends and add new ones. Beemerless Bob and company... what can we say but Thanks.

Thanks Rod for putting it together. It was a really good time.

Thanks Steve for all the routes and leads. They were killer.

Had a blast with the Super 8 crew and was good to see everyone at Destination Cycle. Good times.

I believe you're talkin bout RZ500rich
How far didja get before noticing that stripe
Thankfully, Steve noticed it Lometa. We limped to Hamilton and I got a pick up there.

Now to decide which tires next :ponder:

I found a good spot for the group pic at 5:30
In Schreiner Riverside... Thru the gate & straight down to river....sign sez river access ...take a left & down to the parking area under the trees....close to the 534 bridge.
Might hafta be at an angle since parking lot isnt too wide...but workable I think
a526264b15d4138ece375c5c53ff0bd9.jpg

The other spot up top left of entrance wasnt as good to me...
88dbc443a9399184b30b1cd93c7be673.jpg
Ya'll can cut/paste these together to get an idea of the full rally group size this year
0c0d21b6bc806a511376430aaf2048d6.jpg
a32c8090f35f36a09ab350ce3d1b7dda.jpg
7f2ffcae04cb845d0834e13fa1280f10.jpg
49b9a3af1604a50c011d0eadd1654d97.jpg
69f7964e5ae07114da9277d309df336d.jpg

I learned somethings this year.....
If the group photo spot isnt where most people already are (like across the hiway in park or at the motel) there wont be a crowd

Probably..the best opportunity to get a group pic this year..wouldve been at Destination Cycles on Saturday mornin

Also....Saturday supper after a long day of riding...isnt as important for some folks who jus wanna chill at their lodging location...
Mabe combining the photo shoot with supper in the same location....or jus going with a Sat mornin breakfast/pic shoot

Your Strom A Thon organizers will stay on top of these things ...makin for an even more fun weekend in the future.....

STROM A THON...Clearly...20 20 Vision
0fef015921de988e45c9120732e8e54a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm home. Thanks Rod for organizing this and macdaddy for the donut eating tips and great ride on Saturday. Thanks to David, David, David, (BigDave, Little BigDave, and 2Wheelednut) and David's GF Jackie for sharing the Ranch House at the park. It was nice seeing everyone I saw.

Yes sir ! ! ! We did have a house full of David's, and then poor Mongo's girlfriend Jackie had to put up with us ! ! ! :lol2:
I had a great time. Glad to see and visit with everyone. Can't wait to do it again next year, even though there weren't many flowers out where we rode. It was a nice 600+ mile weekend ! ! !

You shouldve ridden Althus-Davis Rd east of Willow City...none of the road clogging throngs that we had to thread thru on Willow.....& A TON of bluebonnets ...even all the way up to 962 on 3371. They've paved more of the CR parts...some north & some south...now only 1.5 mi of sandy gravel.

RM1323 1320 & Smith-West Rd also had xclnt wildflours all along the roadsides & in the fields.

Im goin back for more

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

You shouldve ridden Althus-Davis Rd east of Willow City...none of the road clogging throngs that we had to thread thru on Willow.....& A TON of bluebonnets ...even all the way up to 962 on 3371. They've paved more of the CR parts...some north & some south...now only 1.5 mi of sandy gravel.

RM1323 1320 & Smith-West Rd also had xclnt wildflours all along the roadsides & in the fields.

Im goin back for more

I bet there were more out that way. Between Fredricksburg and LLano on 16 is where we saw the most blooms. I've never ridden out around Willow City and don't know those roads. We went down to the Bent Rim to eat lunch and ride the 3 Sisters. Didn't realize there was a pirate rally in Bandera. Oh my where they thick out there ! ! ! Next year, I need to get with you before going down there and map out some different routes. I was on the 1290 SA-T, and it's not set up for much deep dirt. My 1090R will do anything. Dirt or paved.

Most every road from Kerrville east to I35.. northeast ...& north to Fburg is gonna be paved...with justa few exceptions. Llano Co has a mix.
Southeast toward Bandera has some unpaved... south & west is mostly unpaved CRs...northwest too
I figgered most everyone knew about the Harley Thunder in the Hills deal.... We've been talkin bout it here for weeks

Back