• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Harley Adv bike

My fist visit to a HD dealership I almost had a chip on my shoulder from listening to the chatter on the forums. So take it for what its worth and find out for yourself.

You're very perceptive . I believe in the law of attraction.
When I was younger I had a bad attitude and it just so happened that many people I encountered did too. Of course I wasn't aware that I did so they were the jerks.
Now that I've matured , dropped my attitude, and have a higher level of self awareness I find that I encounter a lot of very nice people.

Each person's experience is very interesting. I have Harley's and DR650's. I wave to everyone. On the DR's most people wave back but more Harley rider's wave back than crotch rocket rider's. On the Harley's most people wave back , but the high end Adventure bike rider's wave back the least and crotch rocket rider's step it up and wave more than when I on my DR.
People will be people. Some friendly, some not. Doesn't matter what bike I'm riding I'm still the same guy.
I've got two different Jeeps too so there's a whole nother group of wavers and non wavers lol.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

126434260_5392812947411411_1885393629732479560_o.jpg

This looks way better!
Oh yeah!!! I'd go everywhere on that!

I'm also picturing it with SM wheels.

I think I read they ditched the adv bike and some other projects to focus on their core selling bikes.

I think I read they ditched the adv bike and some other projects to focus on their core selling bikes.
I haven't seen that, got a link? Last I saw they were still out testing them. This would be a bummer.

Here are 2. Not sure they say it exactly.

Doubt I'd ever buy one but nice to have it added to the market. It looks pretty cool to me.
Same here. Nothing wrong with new bikes being available. Sure Harley is struggling. Their gold vein dried up and when 2008 hit the market got absolutely flooded with used bikes. Years ago (late 90's early 2000's) you had to wait a year or more for a new Harley the demand was so high.

Look at the import cruisers and touring bikes. They've all copied Harley's look so well it can be hard to tell them apart from a distance.
Now people trash Harley for getting into Adventure bikes and call them copy cats and say they don't know how to build an adventure bike. They've gotta start somewhere. Everyone did.

They are very late to the ADV market but I hope it's a successful endeavor for them. I hate to see any iconic American company struggle even if I don't use or like they're product or service.

Last edited:
I'm not into cruisers, not now anyway, but if I was buying one, it's be a H-D or Indian. I to wish them well with the adv bike. Maybe some of "their" guys will give it a try.

I'd be skeptical because HD has no experience in the ADV market. My HD weighs almost 1000 lbs and you can definitely feel it. The "Vibrations" are cool for a bit but not so much for a long comfortable ride. The suspension, or lack thereof is horrible. I can feel almost everything. One thing it is,...eye candy.

I'd be skeptical because HD has no experience in the ADV market. My HD weighs almost 1000 lbs and you can definitely feel it. The "Vibrations" are cool for a bit but not so much for a long comfortable ride. The suspension, or lack thereof is horrible. I can feel almost everything. One thing it is,...eye candy.
Your Harley is built for a specific purpose and it's got a 45 degree VTwin.
The Pan America in no way shape or form resembles your touring bike.
Harley has access to anything they want. The original VRod engine was designed with Porsche and is a 60 degree water cooled VTwin.

If the bike comes out and is competitive with the established ADV bike leaders from a price and performance perspective I wouldn't 'not' buy it because it was a Harley. If it pushed my buttons hard enough I'd consider it but it'd really have to be special. I'd definitely be worried about being an early adopter and then it doesn't do well and is discontinued. You'd get brutalized on resale for sure.

If the bike comes out and is competitive with the established ADV bike leaders from a price and performance perspective I wouldn't 'not' buy it because it was a Harley. If it pushed my buttons hard enough I'd consider it but it'd really have to be special. I'd definitely be worried about being an early adopter and then it doesn't do well and is discontinued. You'd get brutalized on resale for sure.
I wouldn't want the first year of anything that drastically new. I waited an extra 14 months to get my 2000 Harley Wide Glide because I didn't want the first run of the new Twin Cam engine that came out in 99 models. I still had my trusty 72 Harley so I wasn't in a hurry.

Hate the name but the bike is tough looking.

we had a chance to buy an hd v-rod several years back. I didn’t have my gear with me to test ride it and TJ didn’t like the way it fit him. So we passed. I should’ve tested it with sandals. Lol
I liked the look of the v-rod and this one too.

Seems one of the last big questions to get answered is how heavy is it but so far things 'sound' pretty good

Back