• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Harley Adv bike

Purported to be the base mode with cast wheels and no crash bars. Also a new tank badge I've not seen before.

1611708246079.png

1611708673982.png

They can keep the badge and the cast wheels. Gimme the full dogs-of-war version.

Something about that motor looks plastic, almost fake, lol! Still look forward to trying one out!

The exhaust just forward of the rear wheel sure looks susceptible to damage from rocks and trees. You'd have to have a full body skid plate to protect it.

I saw the pre-production one a couple of years ago at the Dallas motorcycle show and didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would. I'll wait to see one in the flesh before passing judgement. I'm signed up for the online virtual release next month.

I'm not sure for intended purposes the rear exhaust is any more venerable than the resonator box on my 850. Both could get damaged on a real trail or rock ledges.

Something about that motor looks plastic, almost fake, lol! Still look forward to trying one out!
I agree, and I've seed that comment a lot in various comment sections and threads. But I've seen it running in videos so I guess it's the real deal. :shrug:

The exhaust just forward of the rear wheel sure looks susceptible to damage from rocks and trees. You'd have to have a full body skid plate to protect it.

I saw the pre-production one a couple of years ago at the Dallas motorcycle show and didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would. I'll wait to see one in the flesh before passing judgement. I'm signed up for the online virtual release next month.

I'm not sure for intended purposes the rear exhaust is any more venerable than the resonator box on my 850. Both could get damaged on a real trail or rock ledges.

I'm sure the HD catalog will be full of Screamin Eagle full body bash plate kits starting at $4995.00.
And don't forget the Jason Momoa signature series handguards that have genuine Dothraki leather get-back whips hanging from them.
Heck, I just glanced in their accessory section. They have 49 varieties of mirrors, and they haven't even added Pan America accessories to the catalog! Incredible :brainsnap

Woodsguy, no issues with resonator box when replaced with a link pipe. But be forewarned, most of the sound elimination is in that box. She has a bark with it removed.

Woodsguy, no issues with resonator box when replaced with a link pipe. But be forewarned, most of the sound elimination is in that box. She has a bark with it removed.
I've thought about it, but have no desire to disrupt warranty. Not sure how that works.

I guess with the market for high end bikes that's ok. Sure is a lot to risk to me. It could be terrible trying to get rid of if it's a bust.

Ok, then I'm changing my price to $22k :)

Still sticking with the 600 lb thought though. And I not the weight they announce, but once someone puts it on a scale.

Pity you can't lease a bike. Only time I've every leased a car was an Eagle Vision when it first came out. Liked the car in the day but wasn't sure how it would go. It was a BUST and I came out smelling like a rose on my residual. I'd want to do the same thing with the Harley so I could protect my downside.

Jarret we are good with the manufacturer weight fir every other bike, why not this one? Harley Davidson is fairly honest as is every other manufacturer.

I was wrong:

1614014768603.png

1614014934541.png

1614014822109.png

Decked out, two tone is about $21k and supposedly 560 lbs.

I still want to see one on a scale...

Back