• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2024

Weird this late in the game. Wonder what happened.

Here:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_153403_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241001_153403_Facebook.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 23
Pretty sure he said he was waiting on confirmation as well, but it was an insurance issue. Wonder if the December race will move.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241001_153636_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241001_153636_Chrome.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 23
Anyone got some idea of how the course was today? Couldn’t make it out due to work, but looking at tomorrow assuming it wasn’t a dust bowl.

Not necessarily a dust bowl, but it was pretty dusty today. First half of first lap visibility was tough. We definitely need rain. Had fun, though!

Anyone got some idea of how the course was today? Couldn’t make it out due to work, but looking at tomorrow assuming it wasn’t a dust bowl.
Can't imagine anywhere around here that won't be dusty right now! lol. Hot and dry.

Not necessarily a dust bowl, but it was pretty dusty today. First half of first lap visibility was tough. We definitely need rain. Had fun, though!
Come on, tell us more! Course? Your son ok?

Last edited:
Come on, tell us more! Course? Your son ok?
Yessir!

Fun day, but mishaps for the boy.

At flag drop, he got a much better start than I did (it’s usually me getting out front early, then being passed by the 3rd corner) and was mixing it up real well at the front of the pack. Visibility was garbage and I found myself way behind real quick, but feeling okay. We had only gone about 1/2 way through the first lap (not long enough to really separate riders yet) when I came around a corner to find a pile of bikes and sweepers on the scene. My son was at the bottom, holding his leg. Crap.
I pulled off and carried him into the woods to assess. Long story short, he went down in a corner and his right foot got trapped under the bike and twisted at a bad angle, spraining the ankle. The pops and pain probably scared him more than anything, as it isn’t too bad, but it’s his first real sprain.
I helped him to a quad rider to get him out and was ordered to keep racing (now that I was dead last), thanked the sweeps and Charles for the help, and kept going. Took me a full lap to get my head straight, but I would up picking off a dozen or so D, C, and WA riders to finish 4 laps. Tough but fun.
Quad took him to the medics where they iced and wrapped the ankle and dropped him at camp. Big thanks to them for taking care of my crashmaster.
We got burgers and ice cream on the way home and ate away our sorrows. He won’t be out long.
Hope everyone else had fun and went home safe.

Oh yeah! Course was dusty and got sandy in the usual spots, but fun and challenging as Powell always is. Can’t wait to do the Wild Hare after cooler weather and some rain.

Well, glad it's not worse than that! I can only imagine the anxiety seeing your boy on bottom of the pile! Sounds like a great rise from you afterwards.

Well, glad it's not worse than that! I can only imagine the anxiety seeing your boy on bottom of the pile! Sounds like a great rise from you afterwards.
Thanks. It’s minor, and will be fine shortly. He’s 14, and his minor pain/legit injury barometer isn’t as finely tuned as those of us who have decades of pain accrued through a well lived life. He’s already frothing for McMahon and kicking himself for not continuing yesterday.

I think there might be video of this accident! I was watching random youtube vids posted from the Saturday race and I saw one where what I assumed to be a young man fall and look to be cradling a leg. Was he wearing red?.. I think the rider in the vid I saw was wearing red, though I often wind up rabbit-hole'ing through several videos, I may be mis-remembering the colors.

It looked like he was in a fair bit of pain. I'm glad to hear y'all report it isn't a terrible injury.

I'll try to find the video link, but surely it's one of the TORCS regulars that posts videos. There's a half dozen folks that have them up usually by mid-day Sunday. Since I couldn't go to this race as I'm still re-habbing my shoulder, I was feverishly surfing vids to get a view of the race. I'm prob 95% now, I could've gone, but figured I'd give the shoulder every chance to recover before my next race.

I also figured it would be a 'duster' like Cole's and I wasn't looking fwd to eating that much dust again, lol. Being a backmarker like me means a steady diet of Earth's finest dust! LOL

[...]My son was at the bottom, holding his leg. Crap.
I pulled off and carried him into the woods to assess. Long story short, he went down in a corner and his right foot got trapped under the bike and twisted at a bad angle, spraining the ankle. The pops and pain probably scared him more than anything, as it isn’t too bad, but it’s his first real sprain.
[...]
[edit: spElink.. ]

Last edited:
I think there might be video of this accident! I was watching random youtube vids posted from the Saturday race and I saw one where what I assumed to be a young man fall and look to be cradling a leg. Was he wearing red?.. I think the rider in the vid I saw was wearing red, though I often wind up rabbit-hole'ing through several videos, I may be mis-remembering the colors.

It looked like he was in a fair bit of pain. I'm glad to hear y'all report it isn't a terrible injury.

I'll try to find the video link, but surely it's one of the TORCS regulars that posts videos. There's a half dozen folks that have them up usually by mid-day Sunday. Since I couldn't go to this race as I'm still re-happing my shoulder, I was feverishly surfing vids to get a view of the race. I'm prob 95% now, I could've gone, but figured I'd give the shoulder every chance to recover before my next race.

I also figured it would be a 'duster' like Cole's and I wasn't looking fwd to eating that much dust again, lol. Being a backmarker like me means a steady diet of Earth's finest dust! LOL
That was my boy. Crazy how the YouTuber caught the exact moment. Kudos to Mr. Bilby for concerning himself and alerting the sweepers. I owe the man.

Hoping for some video of Powell, was it too dusty for filming? Usually there are a couple up by now.

Back