• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters Ride 6/6

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Ladies and Gents….

A few of us are planning a group ride in the Texas hill country (Twisted Sisters) and would like to extend the invite. We ride this route about 3–4 times a year so we are well versed in this area and know the route well. We will be trailering to Kerrville, TX Friday (6/5) after work and riding Saturday (6/6).

New or experience riders are welcome to join us in the fun. We pick up the speed in the corners a little but only ride about 10 over in the straights. Everyone (especially new riders) will be riding their own ride, which means do not enter corners over your skill level. We will gladly back off and wait up on the next straight for everyone to catch up.

Ride starts in Kerrville (4 hours from Houston) and heads down towards Leakey, TX and continues around the famous loop as you can see in the below map. After the loop, we will eat lunch at Bent Rim Grill and if everyone wants to we can cool off and do some cliff diving/swimming in the Frio Rio at a little spot I know (bring your trunks in a backpack if you want).

To keep the cost down please use the buddy system for the traveling and hotel. If you don’t have a buddy we can help pair you with someone to spit the cost. We might be able to help with transportation but this is limited. The Local hotels range from $50-$140 a night. I think we will be staying at Super 8 or Holliday inn. You are welcome to leave Saturday night or stay and ride Sunday as well.

As we get closer to the ride, a Friday night gathering location in Kerrville will be announced. Friday night we will pick a local bar and/or restaurant to discuss ride details or shenanigans:thumb:.. Just FYI, This ride is number 10 on the best motorcycle rides in North America list…right here in our back yard.

Start Location: Kerrville, TX (Stripes Gas Station on Hwy 16)

When: Trailer in 6/5 after work. Ride 6/6.

KSO: 8am

Rider Meeting: 7:45am

Pace: Noob – Intermediate (relaxed)

Lunch: Bent Rim Grill

Length: 225 miles

Hotel: Super 8/Holliday inn or whichever you want.

Who: Sport bikes/ naked/ Motard /standard.

TwistedSistersRide.png

1. Onemilewheely
2. Bucknut (tentative)
3. Racerx0529

I'm going to venture and say I am a Tentative attendee. I will solidify as the date gets a little closer.

I'm going to venture and say I am a Tentative attendee. I will solidify as the date gets a little closer.

Sounds good just keep us updated. I'll go ahead and add you as tentative.

1. Onemilewheely

2. Bucknut (tentative)

3. Racerx0529

4. ProvorseD

5. Rpcraft (tentative)

1. Onemilewheely
2. Bucknut (tentative)
3. Racerx0529
4. ProvorseD
5. Repth (tentative)
6. Doosty
7. mick oh
8. LRD (tentative)
9. Rpcraft (tentative)

Updated; some riders from a group we ride with committed as well as a couple from MH.

I get my June schedule on the 20th of this month and will be definite if I get that weekend off. 50/50 shot. I will let you know for sure, sounds great. I wanted to ride the sisters after the Strom-a-thon last week but didn't have the time.

If you "guys" don't mind a KLR 650 following you I would like to attempt the three sisters again. Last year I went for this ride and ended up with two flat tires and blown tubes and had to "tow and truck it back". Very costly and embarrassing.:doh:

Regards
Ratelbasger

Just FYI, some of the hotels are running out of rooms. Please book your rooms soon, you do not have to pay until you arrive.

I just booked 6/5 (1 night) at the Holliday Inn on Sidney baker / hwy16. I had to call because website said they were sold out.

Most all the hotels are within walking distance on Sidney baker so it does not matter which one you stay at.

1. Onemilewheely
2. Bucknut (tentative)
3. Racerx0529
4. ProvorseD
5. Repth (tentative)
6. Doosty
7. mick oh
8. LRD (tentative)
9. Rpcraft (tentative)
10. Ron Stromer (50/50)
11. Ratel badger

Keep us updated on who's confirmed and if you reserved.

This is going to be a fun trip.

One of the more rowdy sport-touring groups will be having their long week-end rides in the area. I may be game for it @ "da sista"...

RB

If you "guys" don't mind a KLR 650 following you I would like to attempt the three sisters again. Last year I went for this ride and ended up with two flat tires and blown tubes and had to "tow and truck it back". Very costly and embarrassing.:doh:

Regards

Ratelbasger

We love to have you on the ride, just make sure you have good tires ;-).

One of the more rowdy sport-touring groups will be having their long week-end rides in the area. I may be game for it @ "da sista"...

RB

Not sure I know who you're referring to...?

I'll put you as a maybe for now let me know if you confirm.

1. Onemilewheely
2. Bucknut (tentative)
3. Racerx0529
4. ProvorseD
5. Repth (tentative)
6. Doosty
7. mick oh
8. LRD (tentative)
9. Rpcraft (tentative)
10. Ron Stromer (50/50)
11. Ratel badger
12. Mr-roboto (maybe)

Not sure I know who you're referring to...?

I'll put you as a maybe for now let me know if you confirm.

The ST1300 owners forum have a rally near Kerrrville on that weekend. They usually get 10-15 guys to show up.

I will probably ride down and stay in Leakey, close to the Sisters. We can meet up there when you arrive.

RB

The ST1300 owners forum have a rally near Kerrrville on that weekend. They usually get 10-15 guys to show up.

I will probably ride down and stay in Leakey, close to the Sisters. We can meet up there when you arrive.

RB

[emoji106]?

Tonight 5/20 8pm at Bone Daddy's Webster on i45.

We are meeting to discuss travel arrangements, hotel, Ride details, etc..

Please join us. Especially if you need a travel buddy or something so we can help hook yall up.

Let us know if you're in? For either a meet up or the ride.

I am interested in joining and will be coming from DFW. Will confirm this weekend. Will ride a Triumph Tiger 1050. Thanks!

Camping... At my gramma's house... Hee hee. The perk of being born and raised in Kerrville. I sure do miss living there knowing all those roads are around there.

Would so love to be there with the troops, but.............a bit too far from where I live. To all: have a great, safe ride and post pictures!

Has everyone made reservations that are planning on going? Looks like we will have a good group.

Hey there
I'm new in the forum, and this sounds like a blast.

Would y'all mind if a new guy came along?
If y'all did though, I get it! No worries!!!

(I'd be coming in from Dallas on a Honda nc700x and intending to camp)

Hey there
I'm new in the forum, and this sounds like a blast.

Would y'all mind if a new guy came along?
If y'all did though, I get it! No worries!!!

(I'd be coming in from Dallas on a Honda nc700x and intending to camp)

Absolutely you're welcome to come.

Back