• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twisted Sisters Ride 6/6

My self and onemilewheely are going to slow cruise the route Friday morning to check for high water at low crossings, debris, and stuff.

Worst case we will break out the tubes n beer..;-P

We still have two weeks for the low road water crossings to go down. If there are impassable roads due to high water we find on Friday morning, we will reroute as needed.

There has been lots of rain over this area, but we are in the hills and the water goes down in hours. There has been only a few low water crossings covered for a brief time, and as of now are no closures in the area. It's going to be one of the prettiest times here in years.

1. Onemilewheely- both
2. Bucknut-MH(tentative)
3. Racerx0529- both
4. ProvorseD-MH
5. Repth- MH
6. Doosty- MH
7. Quick Mick- MH
8. LRD- MH
9. Rpcraft (TWT)
10. melgamma- MH
11. Toe- MH
12 Nastynesto85- MH
13. ronstomper-TWT
14. RattleBadger-TWT
15. Mr Roboto-TWT
16. Texxter-TWT
17. Haw0036-TWT
18. Tyler
19. Subcomm- TWT
20. RichK- TWT
21. Charrito- TWT(tentative)

Updated list.

I am in on this ride and hope for clear and dry pavement.

yall are killing me. Now Agman is in on this?

Look, I won't be able to ride but maybe i can meet up with yall at a lunch stop or something.

gina

I got to work Friday night but would love to join you all in the fun. I can meet you at the lunch stop in Leaky?? at (Time)??.

RichK, is the invitation good for Saturday night?

I got to work Friday night but would love to join you all in the fun. I can meet you at the lunch stop in Leaky?? at (Time)??.

RichK, is the invitation good for Saturday night?

We will be eating lunch at bent rim grill around 11-11:30. After that we will be going about a mile down the road to pecan farm to do some cliff jumping and swimming in the frio...:sun::sun:

After the river, we will gear up and finish the ride heading back towards Kerrville.

Thank you all for the invaluable information.
Really sorry that I won't be able to make it b/c of work.
Will try to possibly make it this weekend.

Have fun y'all and be safe.

I'm thoroughly disappointed, but I've just been informed that I have work next Saturday...
So I won't be there.
I'll be looking for a ride report;
And RichK, thanks again for the generous offer at the KOA!

Y'all have a great ride!

I suggest Buzzies BBQ at 213 Schreiner St. for dinner Saturday night in Kerrville. I expect another 5 to 8 sport-touring guys to show up.

Good grub too.

:clap:

RB

3 sister Roads are looking good. No reports of heavy rocks in road. Just got the report from my buddies out in Kerrville.

Also, weather is looking awesome for the ride.

c6fa17ea2b585fa9ecb223c56c8eaef7.jpg

David Crosby, famed member of CSN&Y, will be playing at the Kerrville Folk Festival on Saturday. Someone might call the dinner BBQ location (Buzzies) and reserve a group of tables for Saturday night....due to the large turnout.

RB

Funny, all the time I lived there I think I only ate at Buzzies once or twice. It was pretty decent BBQ. I was always a Big Earl's guy, lol... I really do miss being around that area now days. Back then I didn't barely have 2 nickels to rub together much less a motorcycle to ride. I keep looking for ways to get down there and leave my job but it just hasn't happened yet.

RacerX et al,

Please keep me on the list for the 6/6 ride. Being that I will be riding my KLR 650, I can be the Sweeper lol

As a side note; is anyone else bringing their wifes who WONT be riding with us?
My wife is coming along but is not able to ride with us, therefore I was wondering if any other "ladies" would be there and if they might be interested in heading to Fredericksburg for lunch, wine, shopping, etc?

I guess this is something we can talk on Friday night when we meet up in Kerrville.

BTW RacerX it seems we are neighbors as you are in La Porte and I am in Deer Park.

See you Friday come **** or HIGH WATER!

Regards,
Stefan aka Ratel badger

Updated list... Join us if you want.

1. Onemilewheely
2. Racerx0529
3. ProvorseD-MH
4. Doosty- MH
5. Quick Mick- MH
6. LRD- MH
7. Rpcraft (TWT)
8. melgamma- MH
9. ronstomper-TWT
10. Rattle Badger-TWT
11. Mr Roboto-TWT
12. Texxter-TWT
13. Tyler
14. Subcomm- TWT

We also got a few locals meeting us there as well.

I won't be riding, but would like to meet up with yall for lunch in Leakey.

11/1130 at the Bent Rim, right? I'll be in a gold Tacoma. If the wifey is coming to that, we could hang. (But, fair warning, I'm not much of a shopper.)

:sun:

Options for camping in the area??????? (Garner SP seems to fill up too quickly...)
i am planning on camping in Kerrville at Schreiner park, good facilities. no sites left on the river side, should be plenty at the west campground.
i've camped there many times.

i am planning on camping in Kerrville at Schreiner park, good facilities. no sites left on the river side, should be plenty at the west campground.
i've camped there many times.

Are you riding with us? Let me know and I will add you to the list.

Hello, I am new to the page but would like to come and ride with you all. I will be bringing my wife riding two up and staying in the travel trailer.

I have been watching this tread a couple of days and started looking for campgrounds. Missed out of the RV spots at the City park so we are staying at Medina High point Resort that is just down the 16 from Kerville. We have stayed there before and love it so.

Will be seeing you soon, looks like great weather for a ride. Please add me to your list. Thanks

Last edited:
Back