• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any Rush Fans?

Reaction score
Rush is playing at the Smirnoff Music Center on Friday, 8/11, 7:30 pm. Any TWTers who are fans? Ya'll probably know that their drummer Neil Peart is a rider (BMW R12GS) and has written a book about his rides. He's also known to be a fairly decent :drums:.

I've made their last three concerts at Smirnoff, always by bike. I just show up and buy a general admission ticket and sit on the grass. I've never been charged a parking fee and park where the other bikes are.

Anyone want to meet up at the concert? Any East Texas locals want to ride up. I'm a definite, fer shure!

Anyone want to meet up at the concert? Any East Texas locals want to ride up. I'm a definite, fer shure!

I'll be there, but I'll be in the 7th row. My friends and I are staying at the DFW Red Roof. After-party, perhaps?

I am planning on making the Selma show, it will be my 7th time to see them. We are probably going to go to Dream Theater Saturday night at The Backyard.

Permanent Waves Tour - February 1, 1980 - Myriad Convention Center. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Max Webster)
Moving Pictures Tour - April 25, 1981 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (no opening act)
Signals - March 4, 1983 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Golden Earring)
Power Windows Tour - May 1, 1986 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Blue Oyster Cult)
Hold Your Fire Tour - January 23, 1988 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Roll the Bones Tour - February 16, 1992 - Reunion Arena. Dallas, Texas (Primus)

Dates from the Power Windows - Tour Archive

Moving Pictures was the very first rock concert I attended.

As a bass player (stand up & electric) Geddy Lee was one of my heroes.

I wanted to go to the concert but couldn't get off of work.

Y'all have fun.....even you, Tim. :-P

Moving Pictures was the very first rock concert I attended.

As a bass player (stand up & electric) Geddy Lee was one of my heroes.

I wanted to go to the concert but couldn't get off of work.

Y'all have fun.....even you, Tim. :-P

LOL. :-P Will do, bruh. And you have a safe night at work. :thumb:

i would like to go see them in Houston, but its on a weeknight, and its a long ride from my house.

Rush doesnt put out the best studio recordings ive ever heard, but they are quite good live, seen them several times. have fun!

Rush doesnt put out the best studio recordings ive ever heard...

timkreitzisshocked.gif

I am planning on making the Selma show, it will be my 7th time to see them. We are probably going to go to Dream Theater Saturday night at The Backyard.

Permanent Waves Tour - February 1, 1980 - Myriad Convention Center. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Max Webster)
Moving Pictures Tour - April 25, 1981 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (no opening act)
Signals - March 4, 1983 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Golden Earring)
Power Windows Tour - May 1, 1986 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (Blue Oyster Cult)
Hold Your Fire Tour - January 23, 1988 - The Myriad. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Roll the Bones Tour - February 16, 1992 - Reunion Arena. Dallas, Texas (Primus)

Dates from the Power Windows - Tour Archive

Feb 12, 1988, Memphis TN. Hold Your Fire tour. My first concert, first Rush concert, and first real date.

on the subject of live music, i saw the "music of Led Zeppelin" performed at Jones Hall in Houston a couple of weekends ago. It was a four piece rock band backed by the Houston Symphony orchaestra, sung by Randy Jackson from Zebra(remember them?)

Wow, what a show that was! They also do a Pink Floyd show, i want to see that BADLY.

Fellow Rushian checking in! As my user name would imply. I'll be in the 16th row center stage for Dallas and 9th row stage right in the pit area for S.A.. Have been loving their music since I was a small lad and going to the shows since Presto... -Cheers

Oh yea! Im a rush fan and have the hearing loss to prove it. saw them at nassau collisium a couple of times back in the 80s they put on a great show

Rush is getting to be to "good ole boy, cigar smoking, golf playin" neo-con for me. I prefer to listen to Hannity or Micheal Medved myself anymore when I can listen.

I'm a big fan of the stuff from Roll the Bones on back. I have not really heard anything newer than that because I seldom listen to the radio and have not bought an audio CD in maybe 13-14 years :shrug:

Well, you don't have to worry about hearing any of their newer stuff on the radio. I have both the new CD and the MVI format DVD of Snakes & Arrows.

You can listen to it on the Rush website.

I'll be making the Houston show, took off the next day so I could stay up late. :dude:

Wish I would have known about it, I've never seen them. Been hearing about the Dream Theater and Symphony X instead. Going to neither though. I prefer the older Rush but seem to like it all...sometimes the new stuff can be too cerebral, good thing I don't listen to words very often. I'm more into the musicianship. Top notch.

My husband and I will be going to the Houston show. My husband is a HUGE Rush fan. He's a bass player in a local band here and loves Geddy. We also both enjoy reading Neil Peart's books.

Had to chime in here...:sun:

I have been a huge Rush fan ever since I first heard them back in the late 70's..lol Makes me seem old I guess when I look at it... but dam, its been good to see them everytime they've been in Big "D". I'm bummed I can't afford to see them this time around. I've actually made a different choice which cost less that will be playing on the 17th. Oh well, I still have the concert shirts...lol And all the albums.

Farewell to Kings which isn't that popular was one of my favorites. Still had the original tapes until a few years ago, then traded out for CD's. Have a Rush music marathon about once a year is a great way to pass the weekend sometimes.

Hope you all have fun and enjoy, was a great album and I hope they play some of the older stuff too, and yeah, 2112 first side is one of my fav's too. Brings back alot of memories...

Am I really that old??? :eek2:

Enjoy... :zen:trust: :rider: : :rofl:

I've been a Rush fan for years. First time I heard them was in spring of 78 while on a HS field trip. A buddy and I had it on 8 track and portable player so we partied all night lsitening to it with some of the gals from our Oceanography class. That's all I can disclose;-)

on the subject of live music, i saw the "music of Led Zeppelin" performed at Jones Hall in Houston a couple of weekends ago. It was a four piece rock band backed by the Houston Symphony orchaestra, sung by Randy Jackson from Zebra(remember them?)

Wow, what a show that was! They also do a Pink Floyd show, i want to see that BADLY.
Yeah, that was a most excellent show. The local tribute band, Black Dog, was there too in the audience. Randy did a bang up job. I can play a lot of those songs, but it was interesting to seem him do it on a standard tuned guitar. I have to do alternate tunings for the likes of "the rain song." He kept talking about New Orleans and I kept expecting to hear "when the levee breaks." No luck. :rofl: I expected the lead violinist, on the "Mark Wood" flying V, to get it on, but she didn't do much, not like the chick that plays with TSO. I wasn't inpressed with the lead guitarist...and his solo had no substance to it...just mindless fingering. After the show, it was funny to listen to the (cough, ahem) older people talk about how they saw them in '73 and how they piled 10 people in the VW bus to get there and whatever.

LOL, was wondering what this was doing popping up.

When Neil passed, Rush was done.

Actually it was done after their last concert in 2015.
Neil said he was done.
Alex was/is having issues with arthritis.
Geddy's voice is nowhere what it used to be.

Still love them though.

LOL, was wondering what this was doing popping up.

When Neil passed, Rush was done.

Actually it was done after their last concert in 2015.
Neil said he was done.
Alex was/is having issues with arthritis.
Geddy's voice is nowhere what it used to be.

Still love them though.
Just read an article yesterday where Alex and Geddy are re-thinking that. Apparently they did a benefit recently and had some well known drummers stand in, to include Dave Grohl.

Back