• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any Rush Fans?

There is a live version of Subdivisions (I think from R30 Live) that I just love.
The keyboard intro on it sounds amazing, and something about the whole song just sounds great.
Love that. R30 was the first music I ever downloaded. Got it from public Internet in corpus Christi. I was so impressed with myself😆. Just had dialup at home so it was so amazing to be able to download a whole album from Amazon.

Between the wheels, strong synthesizer intro

FM.....Black Noise....City of Fear...Surveillance

I have those....Nash the Slash was on electric violin for Black Noise

Yes! YesyesyesyesYES!!! I still have those, although I lost some NtS records and FM Direct to Disc, which was sonically orgasmic, in an apartment fire.
Black Noise is essential. The other two are mighty dang good too!!!
Martin Deller is a monster on the DtD!! It's an mp3, but here ya go!! (I did download a hi-res version some time back)

And to think, I missed touring with Rush by one tour. I did an industrial show for Showlasers out of Dallas in the Astrodome, a home and garden thing in the Kohler 2-story exhibit, with a big laser in a center closet and 6 fiber optic sends to various displays. It was a major PITB and I hadn't done fiber before, but busted butt and they were impressed. Their two tour guys were tired of it all, and I was told I could do the next Rush tour. Sadly for me, before that could happen, their lighting guy, Howard Ungerlider (Hearns) decided they needed a Toronto-based laser co., so he made one. Fooey!

Same thing happened with ZZ Top. After Recycler, I was next up, but they said hey, were a blues boogie band, who needs lasers? :doh:

missed it.jpg

I was surprised ta see Ben Mink playin with KD Lang back when she was still kinda new on the music scene. Found that he had played with many other big name bands too.

Last edited:
Only watched the first 10 minutes but this is gonna be good. 51 min , Lifeson and Lee

Yes! YesyesyesyesYES!!! I still have those, although I lost some NtS records and FM Direct to Disc, which was sonically orgasmic, in an apartment fire.
Black Noise is essential. The other two are mighty dang good too!!!
Martin Deller is a monster on the DtD!! It's an mp3, but here ya go!! (I did download a hi-res version some time back)

Woke up about 3:30 this mornin ta hear the album Black Noise on WMSE's In Context....then it was Rick Derringer's turn...All American Boy. Wonderful radio featuring full albums by the greats...3hrs worth
Lastly...I heard a band that I wasnt aware of....
The Stanfields...from Nova Scotia...interesting although not really my cupotea

Last edited:
Back