• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

I want to join this club! I’m also in East Austin and this will be my first weekend with my 'new' CRF 250L Rally. (Haven’t had a bike in 30 years). I
was looking at that Winding Pine area in Bastrop, but not sure I’m ready to ride 75mph on 71 just yet. Any other suggestions? That Loyola Decker Morris area?
See ya out there

Rhodes I'm gonna be no help, having moved North 10 (!) years ago, but welcome back to bikes and especially back to dirt/dual-sport bikes. You are going to have an absolute ball, and you are talking to the right people.

take the back roads, ....969 goes through webberville, that will get you right into bastrop.

Interesting little section of trails and construction roads at 51st and 183. Interesting enough that I now know I can pick up my Rally if needed.

I think it’s called Area 51. Entrance is behind the Super 8. No signs to speak of. A few trails that got progressively smaller. Nothing to compare it to since that was my first off road with the new bike.

Been there, but not for many years. Used to be some good stuff cut into the hills.

Yes, that was one of the quiet little hangouts.... funny that you now have a data point on picking up your bike hahaha.

Yes, that was one of the quiet little hangouts.... funny that you now have a data point on picking up your bike hahaha.
It's heavier than a Rhodes, but lighter than a Hammond. That will mean something to aproximately 0.0023% of the population.

Not to talk about fight club, but where are all the usual spots? It’s been a decade since I farted around the Area 51 and Loyola places. The pumpkin is in sumo trim at the moment, but that can be reversed in short order...

Not to talk about fight club, but where are all the usual spots? It’s been a decade since I farted around the Area 51 and Loyola places. The pumpkin is in sumo trim at the moment, but that can be reversed in short order...
Nothing farther north than Parmer and Nothing farther south than the airport, all east of 35.

The off-roading is nothing harder than Area 51. It’s probably gonna be muddy b/c of the rain.

I’m going out to ride all the usual spots on the East side of town tomorrow, Saturday April 24th.

I’ll drag you through all the spots I’m familiar with.

Meetup at https://maps.apple.com/?ll=30.345153,-97.682951&q=Marked Location&_ext=EiYp8yqKJDZXPkAxJe9a9wpsWMA579XV3IJZPkBBhw3Sa2BrWMBQBA==&t=m

at 9:30 am it’s the cul-de-sac at the end of Connor Lane 78753.

Connor Ln
I just watched your “ATX Sunday East Side Ramble” video on youtube. That’s an amazing ride! Is that where you’re going tomorrow? Cant do it this time cuz I’m already going to Hidden Falls, but please let me know if there’s another meet-up.

I live on the East Side and would love to meet up sometime but have plans tomorrow. Next time for sho.

I just watched your “ATX Sunday East Side Ramble” video on youtube. That’s an amazing ride! Is that where you’re going tomorrow? Cant do it this time cuz I’m already going to Hidden Falls, but please let me know if there’s another meet-up.
Yes that video was some of the spots.
We can catch up next time.

👍

Creighton, (brilliant user name, btw)

Do you ever go riding in weekend afternoons or Tuesday or Wed mornings?
I took off work this morning cuz I have a gig in Marble Falls tonight and figured I could tie it in with my first Hidden Falls trip.

Creighton, (brilliant user name, btw)

Do you ever go riding in weekend afternoons or Tuesday or Wed mornings?
I took off work this morning cuz I have a gig in Marble Falls tonight and figured I could tie it in with my first Hidden Falls trip.
Sure!

I'll post up next time I'm heading out.

Sure!

I think I found a little of the first part of your East Side Ramble (including the long-rumored ancestral burial grounds of fabled Michelin-Goodrich tribe. So haunting and yet so existential! ) Next time, I'll take use your video as my GPS, cuz I think I missed a few of your detours.) Mum's the word. We never spoke.

don't be like me...take that first LEFT as you go down the hill at the Loyola spot. i forgot to do that and ended up mud/clay
wresting my 500+ pound GS out of the swamp. i had to call a buddy who lives near by to help me out. it was that thick and nasty.
fair warning to you big bike riders!

marty

ng my 500+ pound GS out of the swamp. i had to call a buddy who lives near by to help me out. it was that thick and nasty.
fair warning to you big bike riders!

I think I got stuck in the same mud on my DR650 with the stock Trailwing (aka worthless in mud) tires. I got out by myself, but barely.

Sure!

I went through the whole video at .25 speed looking for clues and STILL the only thing I recognized was at 3:10 (which was where I was exploring the other day)
That's a great ride, you could sell tickets. Can you share any more details? (Like where that tunnel is at the beginning and end?) Thanks
Tires.jpg

Back